Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ses2017 View Post
    When I try to change the voltage under the override parameters, I input my voltage amounts and hit apply settings, but it reverts back to the previous(standard?) voltages that were in there already. What am I overlooking? I went to the help link in Govnah, but it is for v.0.6.1 and I am running 0.6.6 (if this helps).
    You have to tap the voltage feild again, then they'll set and you can then hit apply. Also, you have to have a voltage to correspond with each freq in the kernel. (ie. you cant just type 85)
    Quote Originally Posted by ses2017 View Post
    When I try to change the voltage under the override parameters, I input my voltage amounts and hit apply settings, but it reverts back to the previous(standard?) voltages that were in there already. What am I overlooking? I went to the help link in Govnah, but it is for v.0.6.1 and I am running 0.6.6 (if this helps).
    Uber doesnt support voltage changes yet. You will have to grab F105 or SR71 for that.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Uber doesnt support voltage changes yet. You will have to grab F105 or SR71 for that.
    Thanks, guys. I do have the F105, so I'll give the suggestion a go.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    To ihooten:

Many thanks! Worked! Next question: does it stay on a reset? I saved the settings as a new profile in Govnah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Govnah Wish List Item:

I'm just wondering if optional Fahrenheit display is still on the books or not.

M.
    Same here although I'm getting used to the #'s being used here in the forums and in Govnah even if I'm not exactly sure what the temp actually is. (without thinking about it for a minute...) I never asked because I thought it wouldve caused to much confusion among end users and keeping it @ Celsius would keep it simple.
    I got a feature request. Reorderable profile list. It appears all of my custom profiles get added to the end of the preloaded profiles.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I got a feature request. Reorderable profile list. It appears all of my custom profiles get added to the end of the preloaded profiles.
    Yeah, that would be handy. Any Mojo developers want to take a look at that?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, that would be handy. Any Mojo developers want to take a look at that?

-- Rod
    I'm out of town right now and forgot my USB drive with my development environments on it. Otherwise I'd probably look into it myself but am hoping someone will take it on before I get back in about a week or so.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Newbie request: After I launch Govnah and then close it, is there a way you could change the icon to reflect things are humming away in the back ground so I know it's on?

Newbie thanks: Again, love what this has done to my Pre! Thanks!

Patrick
    what do I name the govnah test feed in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    what do I name the govnah test feed in preware?
    What set of instructions are you following?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Newbie request: After I launch Govnah and then close it, is there a way you could change the icon to reflect things are humming away in the back ground so I know it's on?

Patrick
    Use command line to find out what you want to know when Govnah is closed.
    cat /proc/cpuinfo will give you the frequency the pre is at.

Pip
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts

Patrick
    Govnah is not "on" once the card is closed. Which is not to say the settings applied by Govnah do not stick. I can't use proper terminology (since I'm no Linux expert), but what I understand is that Govnah inserts commands to the kernel code that tell the kernel how to run. It activates the chosen governor with chosen settings. Closing Govnah does not remove those selected settings. An intentional restart will not remove those settings. A crash restart will cause the settings to default to userspace 500MHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Govnah is not "on" once the card is closed. Which is not to say the settings applied by Govnah do not stick. I can't use proper terminology (since I'm no Linux expert), but what I understand is that Govnah inserts commands to the kernel code that tell the kernel how to run. It activates the chosen governor with chosen settings. Closing Govnah does not remove those selected settings. An intentional restart will not remove those settings. A crash restart will cause the settings to default to userspace 500MHz.
    Govnah does two things:

1) When you hit "Apply Settings" it writes values to locations in the /sys pseudo-filesystem which are stored in kernel RAM locations and used by the kernel to immediately alter it's operation. These values return to kernel default settings on any reboot.

2) When you select a profile (which makes it sticky), in addition to doing #1 it also writes a startup file to the flash, which is run on each boot, determines whether the last shutdown was clean or not, and applies the saved settings to the kernel if appropriate.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Govnah does two things:

1) When you hit "Apply Settings" it writes values to locations in the /sys pseudo-filesystem which are stored in kernel RAM locations and used by the kernel to immediately alter it's operation. These values return to kernel default settings on any reboot.

2) When you select a profile (which makes it sticky), in addition to doing #1 it also writes a startup file to the flash, which is run on each boot, determines whether the last shutdown was clean or not, and applies the saved settings to the kernel if appropriate.

-- Rod
    Clear as mud (as usual).

So, for the rest of us idiots, how 'bout some sort of semaphore (say, I don't know, in the icon) to let us know the engine upgrade is ticking along.

I feel like I'm dealing with a bunch of Heisenberg uncertainty principle students.

Open the box boys - my guess is - the cat is dead (but don't tell anybody - that would ruin it).

Just a thought.

- Patrick
    Last edited by PF Graham; 08/11/2010 at 02:51 AM. Reason: being more of a smart ***
    Clear as mud (as usual).

So, for the rest of us idiots, how 'bout some sort of semaphore (say, I don't know, in the icon) to let us know the engine upgrade is ticking along.

I feel like I'm dealing with a bunch of Heisenberg uncertainty principle students.

Open the box boys - my guess is - the cat is dead (but don't tell anybody - that would ruin it).

Just a thought.

- Patrick
    Just open Govnah to see the current status. Nothing changes when you close Govnah, until possibly the next device reboot.

-- Rod
    Clear as mud (as usual).

So, for the rest of us idiots, how 'bout some sort of semaphore
    There's nothing to *see*. The settings are applied *live* right then and there when you tap Apply Settings. The /sys mount on *NIX is a direct interface to the kernel itself. When you change something there, it happens *now* (que the Spaceballs conversation...).

If you need to *SEE* something, open and close a couple cards, render a HUGE webpage (Slashdot is a good test for this), hell just simply update your feeds in Preware, everything will happen in a fraction of the time.

M.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    So after the most recent WebOS patch, it appeared all my patches/apps reinstalled fine. Govnah had no issues - I went back in to reload my old patch but it keeps defaulting back to Palm Default. What is the issue here?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ View Post
    So after the most recent WebOS patch, it appeared all my patches/apps reinstalled fine. Govnah had no issues - I went back in to reload my old patch but it keeps defaulting back to Palm Default. What is the issue here?
    I had the same where it would not take any other setting besides Palm Default. I re-installed uberkernal, luna restart and now it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ View Post
    I had the same thing. I removed uber and reinstalled. Worked right away.