Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaeonis View Post
    Okay, so I searched the thread and kinda came up with a few things, but not a definite answer to the question Im looking at.

Currently using a Screenstate 250/800 mix, and when charging, the device sets itself at 250 regardless of the screenstate. When swapped to a different profile (500/800 screenstate for example), it defaults to the low end of things. Makes using the phone while charging a big pain in the *** because its so ****ing slow at 250. So whenever Im charging, I have to change the profile to something like a 500/800 screenstate just so that its usable. Im currently using Govnah 0.6.1 and F104A kernel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And Im really sorry if theres an answer in here somewhere which I havent found
    Use UberKernel instead.

-- Rod
    Govnah Wish List Item:

I'm just wondering if optional Fahrenheit display is still on the books or not.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can check /var/log/messages to see if the limiter has been operating or not.

-- Rod
    I don't see anything, to me anyways, that indicates anything about a limit being on or off. I see a lot of powerd messages and upstart stuff but not much outside of that stuff. All the upstart stuff seems to be during boot up. There were a few lines with kernel debug in them but I don't think had to do with temperature. There were a few logged battery queries listed the battery info. And some lines about network data transmissions or something like that.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
    Hi,
    I don't get the real meaning of the override Parameters for VDD1 VSEL. Does the first number on the left refer to the highest cpu speed? And then it's stepping down 900 MHz, 800 MHz, 500 MHz and so on?
    I'm running the Thunderchief at 1 GHz and wondering which number I have to change.

I am a little in confusion because we can change 7 numbers but having only 5 speed steps (1005, 900, 800, 700, 500).

Thanks in advance.
    I would like to know this as well.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stanton
    Hi,
    I don't get the real meaning of the override Parameters for VDD1 VSEL. Does the first number on the left refer to the highest cpu speed? And then it's stepping down 900 MHz, 800 MHz, 500 MHz and so on?
    I'm running the Thunderchief at 1 GHz and wondering which number I have to change.

I am a little in confusion because we can change 7 numbers but having only 5 speed steps (1005, 900, 800, 700, 500).

Thanks in advance.

I would like to know this as well.

If you have the newest Thunderchief, you will note that Unix turned off the lowest two VDD1 VSEL numbers and they no longer appear as an option to "adjust". (ie: only 5 numbers now)

As such, the number on the left represents the 1005 speed step and descends as noted in the original quote.
    I went to sleep with my pre charging beneath my pillow. Woke up and it was extremely hot. I was running 720 mhz, and when I opened up govnah it said it was 66! I immediately tore off the back, removed the battery, and put it in front of an ac vent. It seems to be fine several hours later...
    Quote Originally Posted by free hurricane View Post
    I went to sleep with my pre charging beneath my pillow. Woke up and it was extremely hot. I was running 720 mhz, and when I opened up govnah it said it was 66! I immediately tore off the back, removed the battery, and put it in front of an ac vent. It seems to be fine several hours later...
    The only way a Pre will naturally cool off is by dissipating heat into the air. Charging it under a pillow basically acts like and insulator and heat will continue to build up and will not dissipate. It's probably best if you don't charge it under a pillow.
    1) I wouldn't charge it at 720MHz!
    2) As the other poster said, leaving it buried under a pillow (or anything else) isn't a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Use UberKernel instead.

-- Rod
    Can I still have a 250/800 screenstate using uberkernel? I remember swapping to the F104A because of the ability to have a lower offscreenstate clockspeed and retain some better battery life...and at 500/800, I DO notice a difference, especially when talking on the phone...

I mean, Im not exactly looking to get into the 1ghz range, but I like having the ability to hit up 800ghz and make the pre just fast (not blazingly fast).
    With most recent UberK; I set my screenstate 250/1000 and it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    1) I wouldn't charge it at 720MHz!
    2) As the other poster said, leaving it buried under a pillow (or anything else) isn't a good idea.
    Yeah, I knew it was the pillow bed sandwich that trapped the heat. I don't remember why I thought putting ithere was a good idea,lol.
    I have been running 720 mhz for about a month now,even charging. It has never led to a huge temperature until now.
    Yeah, I knew it was the pillow bed sandwich that trapped the heat. I don't remember why I thought putting ithere was a good idea,lol.
    I have been running 720 mhz for about a month now,even charging. It has never led to a huge temperature until now.
    If know its a bit off-topic but having a mobile phone that close to your head for 8 hrs is not a good idea if you want some proper sleep. See this article.

Gx
    just install dis on my pixi "kinda" by accident & i have NO idea wut dis iz! can it harm & will a simple "erase" help?
  14. OrR
    Won't harm you and an erase via Preware should remove it completely.
    Which kernel version are you running? All the current versions have a temperature limiter which will clamp to 500MHz if the temp goes over 50.

Of course, charging with no airflow can still heat the device at 500MHz ...

-- Rod
    I was running my pre at 1 Ghz today and using sprint nav, listening to a precentral podcast with dr podder and charging with my car charger. It got pretty hot but I'm not sure if it hit the 55C limit to down clock to 500. What exactly should I be looking for in that log file to see if it has kicked in or not?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I was running my pre at 1 Ghz today and using sprint nav, listening to a precentral podcast with dr podder and charging with my car charger. It got pretty hot but I'm not sure if it hit the 55C limit to down clock to 500. What exactly should I be looking for in that log file to see if it has kicked in or not?
    doest it go down to 500 when on the touchstone? Check govnah
    finally overclocked and i can honestly say i am now satisfied with my pre. im running screenstate 500/720. works flawlessly, never overheats and drops to 500 when on the touchstone, brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    doest it go down to 500 when on the touchstone? Check govnah
    I don't use touchstone to charge I have a 2600 battery. But it is also possible to override the speed and set it back to a higher speed. I'm not certain but I believe it was running at 1 GHz. Is there any way I can look at any logs from yesterday to see if it was for sure still at 1 GHz? I know earlier today I plugged it in to charge and the speed changed to 500 but I forced it back to 1 GHz by changing back to my profile. But I didn't do that when using the car charger and I'm not certain if the car charger would effect the drop to 500.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    When I try to change the voltage under the override parameters, I input my voltage amounts and hit apply settings, but it reverts back to the previous(standard?) voltages that were in there already. What am I overlooking? I went to the help link in Govnah, but it is for v.0.6.1 and I am running 0.6.6 (if this helps).