Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Ondemand is just bad for phones and embedded devices. Use Conservative.
    Live free or DIE!
    I have completed doing the 8 hour runs at each interval with govnah with screen on brightness 10%. Tests performed with govnah 0.6.1 and uber kernel 1.4.1-74. I will be updating to the latest versions of both after this post. The results are govnah ran fine the whole time and everything else appears to be normal. Note that unless anything changes that govnah only polls while the screen is on but it is best to only launch it when needed or not leave it running in the background when not needed. The battery consumption amounts for these tests are as follows:

Interval---mA/hr
    1sec-----75
    2sec-----40
    5sec-----30
    10sec----20
    15sec----15
    30sec----15
    1min ----15

Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    no to both of the questions. i flick off the app and the update launcher icon is off.

any help?

i have set my govnah to ondemand 250/800 with 32 mb switch thing if that helps anything.
    It could be the speed scaling. Try running at fixed speed 800 and see if it goes away.
    Last edited by StoneRyno; 08/04/2010 at 04:54 PM.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    no to both of the questions. i flick off the app and the update launcher icon is off.

any help?

i have set my govnah to ondemand 250/800 with 32 mb switch thing if that helps anything.
    Since you're using ondemand, you must be using Uber or Warthog. I haven't played with those in a while so I'm not up on the latest.

I presume by the 32 mb switch, that's your compcache settings. Do you have a Pre or PrePlus? If you have a Pre, and you're using up the mem, it could be the cache being used a fair bit. Does your mem/swap reading on Govnah show the swap file is being used?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    has anyone noticed extreme battery drain with this patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Littled56 View Post

You'll have to be a bit more informative about what you consider to be "extreme", but, if you're seeing exssesive drain, cleanly shutdown your phone and pull the battery out for half-a-minute or so. Boot it back up and see if it continues.

M.
    I've been noticing it too, normally I draw about 200mah, but at this moment I'm drawing 400, about double normal.
    Which patch are you referring to?

Govnah is an application, and kernels are kernels. Are you referring to something else?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm referring to Uber, whoops wrong thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I've been noticing it too, normally I draw about 200mah, but at this moment I'm drawing 400, about double normal.
    To effectively diagnose battery drain to see if it is out of the ordinary or abnormal compared to stock clean device and other users; a detailed report of your device setup and detailed usage activity is needed. However that is best handled outside of this thread. You may feel free to post in related thread and pointing me to it or contacting me privately if you prefer and I can analyze the settings and detailed usage activity to help.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I am running under !% per hour at idle while using the Govnah/Uberkernel set at Conservative 550/800. Just downloaded the updated Uberkernel today and will charge my Pre up and run a battery test overnight to see if the battery drain is any different.
    Hi,
    I don't get the real meaning of the override Parameters for VDD1 VSEL. Does the first number on the left refer to the highest cpu speed? And then it's stepping down 900 MHz, 800 MHz, 500 MHz and so on?
    I'm running the Thunderchief at 1 GHz and wondering which number I have to change.

I am a little in confusion because we can change 7 numbers but having only 5 speed steps (1005, 900, 800, 700, 500).

Thanks in advance.
    ------edit--------------------
    Found the solution here: http://forums.precentral.net/2591064-post125.html
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    has anyone had a verification failed when trying to install uber kernel? Ive tried several times so far and keep getting the same error. I have installed it and works great on my girls phone im just wondering if there might be another patch blocking it. Any ideas
    If the eror occurs while validating changed files, then run the restore kernel and do a battery pull. That fixed the issue for me.
    has anyone had a verification failed when trying to install uber kernel? Ive tried several times so far and keep getting the same error. I have installed it and works great on my girls phone im just wondering if there might be another patch blocking it. Any ideas
    If you had a previous OC kernel, you may need to run webOS Doctor first.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    If the eror occurs while validating changed files, then run the restore kernel and do a battery pull. That fixed the issue for me.
    A battery pull is not required for the normal case of someone not uninstalling a different custom kernel.

Pulling the battery without doing a clean shutdown also risks filesystem corruption and loss of all device data.

-- Rod
    I ran at 1Ghz while playing the settlers for probably at least 3 hours. The hottest my CPU got was above 50C but less than 55C not sure if the temperature thing kicked in or not. at 51C my battery was at 41C. I'll have to pay more attention to if the temperature limit thing kicked in or not next time. I know at 800 the highest temperature I seen was over 50C but less than 55C and the battery just over 40C but less than 45C.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I ran at 1Ghz while playing the settlers for probably at least 3 hours. The hottest my CPU got was above 50C but less than 55C not sure if the temperature thing kicked in or not. at 51C my battery was at 41C. I'll have to pay more attention to if the temperature limit thing kicked in or not next time. I know at 800 the highest temperature I seen was over 50C but less than 55C and the battery just over 40C but less than 45C.
    You can check /var/log/messages to see if the limiter has been operating or not.

-- Rod
    hey folks quick help here, Ive added the testing feed before then removed it. I went to put it back on tonight and it lets me add it but it wont show up in my feeds list when I hit feeds instead of type. Interested in the new uberkernel but dang the luck. Anyone else have an issue like this?
    Okay, so I searched the thread and kinda came up with a few things, but not a definite answer to the question Im looking at.

Currently using a Screenstate 250/800 mix, and when charging, the device sets itself at 250 regardless of the screenstate. When swapped to a different profile (500/800 screenstate for example), it defaults to the low end of things. Makes using the phone while charging a big pain in the *** because its so ****ing slow at 250. So whenever Im charging, I have to change the profile to something like a 500/800 screenstate just so that its usable. Im currently using Govnah 0.6.1 and F104A kernel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And Im really sorry if theres an answer in here somewhere which I havent found