Page 34 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    I read it, but I thought as of 5.9 it was fixed because it said it was put together in a public release. Sorry.

    I didn't mean it *that* way. It was just a touch of humo(u)r for Rod, not to put you down.


    M.
  2. #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    I read it, but I thought as of 5.9 it was fixed because it said it was put together in a public release. Sorry.
    That's fair enough. No we didn't add it to the profile yet cause we're still debating the safest and most future-proof way to incorporate it.

    -- Rod
  3. #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is correct. You read the changelog of every new version of an application that you install, right? Especially when it pops up in a splash screen and you click a button which says 'I've read this' ...

    -- Rod

    Is there a reason that that sort of thing can't just get put in /etc/sysctl.conf? It's not like it'd do any harm if the kernel doesn't support (whatever).

    I'm just just wondering.


    M.
  4. #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Is there a reason that that sort of thing can't just get put in /etc/sysctl.conf? It's not like it'd do any harm if the kernel doesn't support (whatever).

    I'm just just wondering.


    M.
    That particular filename could be used by Palm in the future, so we steer clear of it.

    We're thinking /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.govnah/sysctl.conf and then a fail-safe upstart script to load it at boot.

    -- Rod
  5. #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That particular filename could be used by Palm in the future, so we steer clear of it.

    We're thinking /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.govnah/sysctl.conf and then a fail-safe upstart script to load it at boot.

    -- Rod

    Hmmm... I see your point. I don't that another sysctl.conf buried in the filesystem is the better soultion, though. If you're already doing the upstart script stuff, just echoing the desired values directly to where they are supposed to be seems to be a more straight-forward (perhaps more fool proof as well) solution. I dunno. Honestly I haven't looked too deeply into how Govnah's working now to suggest a "better" way to build a mouse trap. Y'all haven't let us down yet!


    M.
  6. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #666  
    I can not figure out how to enable compache in govnah 0.5.0. If you can see in the screenshots the options are simply just not there..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  7. #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    I can not figure out how to enable compache in govnah 0.5.0. If you can see in the screenshots the options are simply just not there..

    What kernel is that?


    M.
  8. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #668  
    i downloaded uberkernal and govnah. thats all I know. sorry. I guess its uberkernal?
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  9. #669  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    i downloaded uberkernal and govnah. thats all I know. sorry. I guess its uberkernal?

    That's good enough. I needed to make sure it wasn't one of the acient hacks from earlier in the year...

    That screen of the CPY speed / govenor selection should have it there. If "Manual Entry" is set to "Yes" in preferences, does turning it off help any?


    M.
  10. #670  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    I can not figure out how to enable compache in govnah 0.5.0. If you can see in the screenshots the options are simply just not there..
    Turn off the manual settings preference at the end of the preferences screen.

    We should hide that option behind a password.

    Oh, and update to Govnah 0.6.1 ...

    -- Rod
  11. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Turn off the manual settings preference at the end of the preferences screen.

    We should hide that option behind a password.

    Oh, and update to Govnah 0.6.1 ...

    -- Rod
    Thank you. How do I install compache in 0.6.1? sorry for being so ingorant
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  12. #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    Thank you. How do I install compache in 0.6.1? sorry for being so ingorant
    Install UberKernel using Preware, and say Yes when it asks to reboot your phone.

    -- Rod
  13. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Install UberKernel using Preware, and say Yes when it asks to reboot your phone.

    -- Rod
    I got the "error installing see ipkg log" message when i tried installing uberkernel. Is it because I had it downloaded before?
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  14. #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    I got the "error installing see ipkg log" message when i tried installing uberkernel. Is it because I had it downloaded before?
    Type kernel in preware and download the palm kernel that pertains to your phone then download uber.
  15. mfaye9's Avatar
    Posts
    223 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #675  
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukigs750ez View Post
    type kernel in preware and download the palm kernel that pertains to your phone then download uber.
    thank you
    I love my Pre :P



    Follow me on Twitter!
  16. #676  
    I'm having memory switch to swap even with compache enabled, trash ollected and jstop double check to make sure only the normal stuff is running.

    right now it's around 222/25 and only this forun opened. Trash collection does not seem to help. Is this normal?
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

    Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
  17. #677  
    Rod, I'm not sure if you are right person to ask but since govnah is responsible for scaling so I'm going to assume you are the person to ask.. I use SprintNav gps often and every time I use it, I'm constantly worrying about overheating (I already have the temperature warning patch installed).. I often recharge Pre at same time using the gps, which obviously would heat it up more.. It's proving to be tiresome for me.. So, I'm wondering to see if you could somehow program Govnah or whatever program that would automatic scale the speed down to 500, in order to reduce or prevent Pre from heating up? Sort of similar with the idea from Unipsycho with his one of the experimental kernels that automatic scale down to 500 once Pre heats up, but only to apply it to SprintNav? Is that possible, at all?
  18. #678  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Rod, I'm not sure if you are right person to ask but since govnah is responsible for scaling so I'm going to assume you are the person to ask.. I use SprintNav gps often and every time I use it, I'm constantly worrying about overheating (I already have the temperature warning patch installed).. I often recharge Pre at same time using the gps, which obviously would heat it up more.. It's proving to be tiresome for me.. So, I'm wondering to see if you could somehow program Govnah or whatever program that would automatic scale the speed down to 500, in order to reduce or prevent Pre from heating up? Sort of similar with the idea from Unipsycho with his one of the experimental kernels that automatic scale down to 500 once Pre heats up, but only to apply it to SprintNav? Is that possible, at all?
    Tom is working on a temperature limiter that works for any governor.

    It'll go into testing once he gets some spare time that isn't used up by fixing our server.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #679  
    Hi Rod,

    Thanks for the 1.4.5 update, I'm running Govnah 0.6.1 and UK 1.4.5-74.
    Sometimes, Govnah reports negative voltage:



    That happens only when you run at 80Mhz, 500Mhz state reports proper values. Just letting you know about the bug.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  20. crholt's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Hi Rod,

    Thanks for the 1.4.5 update, I'm running Govnah 0.6.1 and UK 1.4.5-74.
    Sometimes, Govnah reports negative voltage:



    That happens only when you run at 80Mhz, 500Mhz state reports proper values. Just letting you know about the bug.
    Negative "voltage" (actually, it's current) means that the battery is discharging. Positive current means the battery is charging.

Posting Permissions