Page 33 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Some of what "top" reports is what you see in Govnah' (load average, mem/swap). The scary part is it breaks it down further & shows which processes are using what, pretty much real time. Luna uses a scary amount of CPU and mem on my PrePlus even when I'm not doing anything. I'm glad I have the extra mem of a Plus, as there isn't much left over.
    Rod - Tried to install, but XP basically suggested that life as I know it would end if I proceeded. Is it safe?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Rod - Tried to install, but XP basically suggested that life as I know it would end if I proceeded. Is it safe?
    It's Palm's SDK, and I don't run Windows any more, so I have no idea.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I must have missed something as I'm not sure what was attempted to install and what not to know if I may be able to help.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  5.    #645  
    He's probably talking about the drivers, which are ok to install, it wont work without them.
  6. OrR
    If you are scared of bull**** XP warnings, why are you running an experimental kernel?
    Ok, I've got the SDK and Novaterm installed and the top command working. Now what am I looking for? And how do I check for those error messages?

Also, is there a trick to cutting and pasting the text from the Novaterm window?

Thanks.
    Please test Govnah 0.6.0 from the testing feed and report your results here - it's a public release candidate.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Govnah 0.6.1 is released to the public feed.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Need a little help. I'm running Pixi. installed latest 1.2.5 Preware.

added testing feed for Pixi:
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv6/

Problem is I only see version 0.5.0 of govnah and unable to see anything newer than that version. I'm not sure why. am i missing something? I never had this problem on Pre but just started using Pixi.

what am I missing?

Thanks

Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    Need a little help. I'm running Pixi. installed latest 1.2.5 Preware.

added testing feed for Pixi:
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv6/

Problem is I only see version 0.5.0 of govnah and unable to see anything newer than that version. I'm not sure why. am i missing something? I never had this problem on Pre but just started using Pixi.

what am I missing?

Thanks

Alex
    Post a screenshot of your Manage Feeds page.

As you can see by looking at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/armv6/ in your browser, Govnah 0.6.1 is definitely there.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Yep that's what was strange. how do i make the feed fully visible for screenshot? It gets cutoff and i can't seem to scroll. what I actually ended up doing yesterday was to download the package from the url and do install package from preware. that worked great. but still weird.
    Can somebody tell me what is I/O scheduler (I have mine set to CFQ) and TCP congestion (set to Cubic). Other options in I/O are none, anticipatory, deadline. Other options in TCP are reno, bic, westwood, htcp, veno, illinois. or atleast point me to right direction. Thanks
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Can somebody please give me step by step instructions on how to enable compache in 0.5.0?
    Thanks
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Can somebody tell me what is I/O scheduler (I have mine set to CFQ) and TCP congestion (set to Cubic). Other options in I/O are none, anticipatory, deadline. Other options in TCP are reno, bic, westwood, htcp, veno, illinois. or atleast point me to right direction. Thanks
    Linux TCP Congestion Control

Linux IO Schedulers

M.
    I/O Scheduler & TCP Congestion Controls don't seem to be sticking when i save a new profile or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    I/O Scheduler & TCP Congestion Controls don't seem to be sticking when i save a new profile or anything.
    That is correct. You read the changelog of every new version of an application that you install, right? Especially when it pops up in a splash screen and you click a button which says 'I've read this' ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is correct. You read the changelog of every new version of an application that you install, right? Especially when it pops up in a splash screen and you click a button which says 'I've read this' ...

-- Rod

After switching to Linux full-time, it's interesting how fast one forgets that most people still use Windows. You don't need to read anything. "Agree", "Next" and "Finish" are always in the same places...

:-)

M.
    I read it, but I thought as of 5.9 it was fixed because it said it was put together in a public release. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    After switching to Linux full-time, it's interesting how fast one forgets that most people still use Windows. You don't need to read anything. "Agree", "Next" and "Finish" are always in the same places...

:-)

M.
    Some people are gonna be real surprised the day that we write 'This version will delete everything on your phone unless you type in this secret word' on the changelog screen ...

-- Rod