Page 30 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    I have my settings on Govnah set from 250/800, yet it only clocks up to 720. Anyone have a solution?
    great fix,,
    I am taking a stab at figuring this out so I need the following:

* You have the hanging Govnah problem. I personally do not see this and it's also not a good idea to have govnah running at all times.
    * Report any observations to irc on #webos-internals.
    * Ability to follow EXACTLY the following instructions:

1) Verify you currently are running Govnah 0.5.6.
    2) Using Preware, uninstall Govnah.
    3) Install this test version of Govnah at http:// bit.ly /aGdEF3 . It's going to say Govnah 0.5.6 but don't worry about that.
    4) See if you still see the hanging problem and report back.
    5) Also report the kernel and version you are using i.e. thunderchief-74 etc.
    followed the instructions to the T. After restoring my profiles it will not take any of my screenstate profiles. The first time I attempted to set a profile the whole phone was unresponsive for several minutes. I am running F105 -74. Also phone is acting really slugish even though I have it set 1GHz
    Last edited by Ryan St. Andrie; 07/15/2010 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wusaint26 View Post
    followed the instructions to the T. After restoring my profiles it will not take any of my screenstate profiles. The first time I attempted to set a profile the whole phone was unresponsive for several minutes. I am running F105 -74. Also phone is acting really slugish even though I have it set 1GHz
    Is it repeatable on the public release of UberKernel?

-- Rod
    give me a couple minutes and I will try. I'm trying to prep for the podcast tonight so I may not answer until later.
    no it is not repeatable with uber -58. Govnah takes all my screenstate profiles, does not hang, and slugishness is gone. Everything feels like it should.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    On every boot running F105-76 my govnah profile always says Unknown and the compcache is enabled again. I'd like to keep compcache disabled, as I have plenty of ram in the plus.

Is there a way for it to choose the last chosen profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    On every boot running F105-76 my govnah profile always says Unknown and the compcache is enabled again. I'd like to keep compcache disabled, as I have plenty of ram in the plus.

Is there a way for it to choose the last chosen profile?
    The F10x kernels do not support sticky compcache configuration.

-- Rod
    Govnah 0.5.7 is in the testing feed with updated current draw support and new support for io schedulers and tcp congestion control (those two aren't stored in the profile yet, nor are they sticky).

Also, oil has completely rearchitected the UI for Advanced Settings. I personally think it's awesome, and nicely extensible now (which is why someone with my poor javascript skills could add some new controls to it).

Unless you are specifically alpha testing these new features (which means that you don't have to ask what io schedulers and tcp congestion control algorithms are), you should stick with Govnah 0.5.0 from the public feed.

Oh, it also defaults to 5 second poll rate and *not* updating the launcher icon. We got sick of people blaming list scrolling stuttering on the kernel when they left Govnah open.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/16/2010 at 11:09 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Govnah is progressing quite well. It's incredible to see how much it has grown since its first inception. I'm going to look into the IO schedulers and TCP congestion control now.

Bug:
    Govnah 0.5.7
    - The current draw graph still has a green outline on the bottom part of the graph. It should be black right?
    - Originally I selected noop, and then after some use the I/O Scheduler scene only shows false in place of where I can change that option. Restarting the app doesn't fix it and instead doesn't display any data for any of the graphs, but has "..." in its place.

Is the Westwood control labeled at plus or just the original?
    Last edited by Abyssul; 07/16/2010 at 03:27 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    this is linux. It is westwood+
  13.    #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    - The current draw graph still has a green outline on the bottom part of the graph. It should be black right?
    It is 2 lines. One for charging, one for discharging.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It is 2 lines. One for charging, one for discharging.
    Understood.

Nice job on the redesign oil. I had to research the various tcp congestion settings and i/o scheduler settings, so I wouldn't ask probably obvious questions in here. Getting the Pre has enabled me to learn quite a bit about linux. Thanks for the lessons webosinternals!
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/16/2010 at 06:13 PM.
  16.    #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks for the lessons!
    I just code the ability to display, change, and save things, I don't know what most of the options do, haha.

Hell, I didn't even know it was actually called compcache, I had written compache all over govnah. Rod had to go through and replaced them all with the correct spelling xD
    I like the new layout of the main page & the settings. Makes more sense to me and looks cleaner. It still locks up if left running for a little while (seems to have appeared after v0.5.0).

Still not sure I feel the charge/drain current text and +/- indicators are correct. I'm an EE and it looks backwards to me now. I think it makes more sense on a battery powered device to show whether the battery is in a state of discharge or charge, so the original +/- indication seems "more correct" to me. Maybe it should have just been a terminology change from "current draw" to "battery current"? That would be similar to how the old "charge" meters (ammeters) on old cars functioned.
    I will try .5.7 and see if my Pre still locks up when using Govnah (no matter the kernel).
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    0.5.7 does not fix the hang bug.

You'll need to use 0.5.0 for the moment if that bug affects you.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    - Originally I selected noop, and then after some use the I/O Scheduler scene only shows false in place of where I can change that option. Restarting the app doesn't fix it and instead doesn't display any data for any of the graphs, but has "..." in its place.
    Still makes it impossible to alpha test when all the options disappear for whatever reason. The TCP options also disappear too where the pop up menu appears blank.