Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #541  
    That 20480 is the hard coded setting unixpyscho put in.
  2. OrR
    OrR is offline
    OrR's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    #542  
    The latest Govnah (0.5.6) reports charging as a positive current draw and running on battery as negative current draw. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    Using latest Warthog (69) on German Pre @ webOS 1.4.5
  3. mehigh's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #543  
    i have govnah 0.5.0. and i have uberkernel 1.4.1-58. how do i update those so i can get that 1ghz patch working? currently i'm only 800 mhz.
  4. OrR
    OrR is offline
    OrR's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    #544  
    To get that stuff, you have to add the testing feeds. Make sure to be aware of the dangers ahead, though!

    Another Govnah issue: The values just stopped updating spontaneously after running the app for a few minutes. I restarted the Govnah but it still doesn't seem to get any values, just displaying three dots for everything. Haven't seen that before...
  5. #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by mehigh View Post
    i have govnah 0.5.0. and i have uberkernel 1.4.1-58. how do i update those so i can get that 1ghz patch working? currently i'm only 800 mhz.
    Currently only alpha testing kernels support 1ghz clock speeds(F105 Thunderchief kernel). So You would have to agree with this post http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2511506 and be able to set the testing feeds up on Preware. You SHOULD also read the Thunderchief F105 thread if you are going to install this kernel.
  6. mehigh's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #546  
    added to preware. downloading now. 1ghz here i come. **** this insane overheating. new device out soon anyway lol. (when i'm on 800 mhz, with mobile hotspot, while on the touchstone, it goes in the 50s :| )
  7. OrR
    OrR is offline
    OrR's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    #547  
    After restarting the Pre, the Govnah works again. However, it forgot my last setting.
  8. #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    After restarting the Pre, the Govnah works again. However, it forgot my last setting.
    Did you save it as a profile and then apply the profile?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. OrR
    OrR is offline
    OrR's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    #549  
    Yeah, I had my settings saved in a profile from before and was able to apply that profile to get my settings back.

    The bug is reproducable, it just stopped updating again.
  10. #550  
    that happened to me also about two govnah updates ago, but after doing a battery pull after a luna restart, it never happened again. All 6 of my profiles are fine and dandy and stil cleverly titled

    What are some of your guys' profile names?
    Care to share some profile names you guys came up with?


    some of mine are, Storm Chaser, Mini Bolt,Michael Bolton lol
    Thunder Cack, Thunder Cruisin', and Days of Thunder


    I think for the 1.2ghz I'll respectfuly name it Space Balls
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/10/2010 at 09:26 PM.
  11. #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    The latest Govnah (0.5.6) reports charging as a positive current draw and running on battery as negative current draw. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    Using latest Warthog (69) on German Pre @ webOS 1.4.5
    The values are correct. The reason it seems backwards is because you have a positive value for the battery capacity and the current is a reduction of the remaining capacity when operating on battery power and current is a increment to the remaining capacity when charging.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I think for the 1.2ghz I'll respectfuly name it Space Balls
    Ludicrous speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  12. #552  
    Wish List Item:

    Disable graphing completly (*only* display numbers) to reduce current draw (?) to get a more accurate look at what the phone is *really* doing. Or maybe "freeze" everything else other than current draw(??).


    M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 07/11/2010 at 01:29 PM.
  13. #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    The values are correct. The reason it seems backwards is because you have a positive value for the battery capacity and the current is a reduction of the remaining capacity when operating on battery power and current is a increment to the remaining capacity when charging.
    Actually, it does seem backwards the way it's labeled. Calling it a current "draw" is like saying a "subtraction" from the battery charge. If there is a draw, then the value of the draw is the number being subtracted. So my understanding would be that a positive draw would mean that a positive value was being withdrawn. For example, if the "draw" is 3 and the charge is 10, then you'd get the value of 7. 10-(3)=7. If the draw is -3, then you would get a value of 13, increasing the charge, like when charging the battery. 10-(-3)=13. That's just how I would interpret it, as I think does OrR. Regardless, it think I can figure out the jist of it.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  14. #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Actually, it does seem backwards the way it's labeled. Calling it a current "draw" is like saying a "subtraction" from the battery charge. If there is a draw, then the value of the draw is the number being subtracted. So my understanding would be that a positive draw would mean that a positive value was being withdrawn. For example, if the "draw" is 3 and the charge is 10, then you'd get the value of 7. 10-(3)=7. If the draw is -3, then you would get a value of 13, increasing the charge, like when charging the battery. 10-(-3)=13. That's just how I would interpret it, as I think does OrR. Regardless, it think I can figure out the jist of it.
    Maybe I am interpreting it different or I am misreading what you wrote.

    How you wrote this, it seams to me that you are thinking that govnah has an initial value for the battery. The draw is what govnah is measuring being drawn from the battery (or + when being charged). I hope that makes sense.

    Now here is where I go into slight assumption but believe I am wholly correct. Because batteries don't always discharge at the same rate based on age/usage patters/etc. Govnah or any other program can never get a full 10 (using your example), just like the default battery monitor in the top bar (it will show 100% but could will never give a completely accurate reading due to the fact that it is *guessing* at some level the total charge vs current draw).

    This may be a lil off in theory, but is correct as I understand it. Same reason my phone was beeping at me the other night but was still on and functional at 0% reading in the top bar... and the theory in battery monitor and the patch that shows "true" % is that the phone reports 3% higher than actual battery %..... this would mean my phone was functioning at -3% not on a charger (we know a battery cannot run at a negative % or technically at a true 0% charge).



    I guess I said a lot to say, govnah is showing you was is going to or coming from the battery, not what the battery has. Like taking any source of power and putting a meter in between it and what you are using (thinking the meter on a house).
  15. #555  
    what I'm saying is that when current is being drawn from the battery, the number should be positive since a positive number is being subtracted from the battery's charge. When the phone is charging, a negative numers is being drawn (a positive value is being added).
    The numbers I chose we just for illustration, and were completely arbitrary. My understanding is that govnah doesn't function to measure the value of the battery's charge, but only measures the flow of current. By labeling the current "draw", then a positive value should be displayed when there is a positive "draw" from the battery, and a negative value when there is a negative draw from the battery (or a draw TO the battery). For you're example of a home meter, the value when you are using electricity would show as positive draw FROM the power grid. But say you were using solar power, and using less electricity than what your panels were producing, theoretically you would show a negative value because you were adding to the grid (like when you're charging your phone).
    You could say that it is irrelevant since we know what is meant by the value, and I could be wrong technically since I'm not an electrician, but that would be my initial interpretation if I were to see the values without knowing the state of the phone.
    Last edited by morrison0880; 07/11/2010 at 02:00 PM.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  16. #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    what I'm saying is that when current is being drawn from the battery, the number should be positive since a positive number is being subtracted from the battery's charge. When the phone is charging, a negative numers is being drawn (a positive value is being added).

    Using the battery as a "focal point" (for the lack of a better term), or as a first person perspective and *you* are the battery, measuring the flow of electrons (current) leaving it would be a negative number and electrons heading to it (charging) would be a positive number because it's adding to the battery.


    M.
  17. #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Using the battery as a "focal point" (for the lack of a better term), or as a first person perspective and *you* are the battery, measuring the flow of electrons (current) leaving it would be a negative number and electrons heading to it (charging) would be a positive number because it's adding to the battery.


    M.
    If the value measured is the number of electrons DRAWN FROM the battery, then the value shown when electrons were drawn from the battery would be positive, and negative when electrons are drawn TO the battery. The value, negative or positive, depends on the label you give the value, no?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  18. #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    If the value measured is the number of electrons DRAWN FROM the battery, then the value shown when electrons were drawn from the battery would be positive, and negative when electrons are drawn TO the battery. The value, negative or positive, depends on the label you give the value, no?

    You are actually making my point for me. The electrons are indeed being "drawn from", as in "leaving" as in "being taken away from" the battery which would a negative number.


    M.
  19. #559  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    You are actually making my point for me. The electrons are indeed being "drawn from", as in "leaving" as in "being taken away from" the battery which would a negative number.


    M.
    think of it like the. If the label is the number of electrons being added to the battery, the when electrons are taken away from the battery, as when the phone is being run off the battery, then the value would be negative. If the label was the number of electrons being taken away from the battery, or being drawn from it, then the value would be positive, as a positive number is being drawn from, or subtracted from , the battery. Whether the value is positive or negative depends on the label of the value being measured. In the case of Govnah, my interpretation is the latter, where "draw" is meant to define the flow FROM the battery.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  20. #560  
    The only way a negative value for "current draw" would make sense would if "draw" was a measurement in the change of battery charge with respect to the initial value of the battery, where a negative value would translate to a negative change, and vice versa. However, when I see "draw", I think of the number being "drawn" from, or subtracted from, the battery. For me, the crux is that the label "draw" is used. If I am mistaken about the technical definition of a draw in terms os electrical current, then let me know. As is, I see a draw as the amount of current being drawn from the battery, giving a positive value when the battery is being drained, or when there is a draw from the battery, and negative when there is a draw to the battery, or when the battery is being charged.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html

Posting Permissions