Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    This goes back to the old idea that the fewer apps you need to perform the task, the better off you will be. The old KISS approach of "Keep It Simple, Stupid" is what comes to mind. Now, if the new 105 kernel has the Touchstone 500MHz behavior, then it is all good, but -60 didn't have it, and Unixpsycho had stated it just couldn't be done at the kernel level, so I left it at that. It DOES seem that Unixpsycho figured out how to make it work, so I will let it go.
    Hmm. My definition of KISS results in the Linux command line utilities, whereas yours results in Microsoft Office

-- Rod
    This goes back to the old idea that the fewer apps you need to perform the task, the better off you will be. The old KISS approach of "Keep It Simple, Stupid" is what comes to mind. Now, if the new 105 kernel has the Touchstone 500MHz behavior, then it is all good, but -60 didn't have it, and Unixpsycho had stated it just couldn't be done at the kernel level, so I left it at that. It DOES seem that Unixpsycho figured out how to make it work, so I will let it go.
    Actually what I created still does *not* poll the Touchstone. It monitors the battery current. It is still not ideal but it works better than the screen brightness quagmire.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Actually what I created still does *not* poll the Touchstone. It monitors the battery current. It is still not ideal but it works better than the screen brightness quagmire.
    It may not be ideal, but it still is a welcome addition. Thank you Unixpsycho for yet another great addition. I didn't see it mentioned in the 105 notes, so didn't know about it until others mentioned it.
    It may not be ideal, but it still is a welcome addition. Thank you Unixpsycho for yet another great addition. I didn't see it mentioned in the 105 notes, so didn't know about it until others mentioned it.
    I briefly mentioned it in the release notes... It wasnt described as being the TS fix tho.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hmm. My definition of KISS results in the Linux command line utilities, whereas yours results in Microsoft Office

-- Rod
    Well, it depends on how much "bloat" there is, and how many people would want to use the feature. If upwards of 80 percent of the users would want to use a given feature, is it really bloat?

In this case, my concern wasn't about adding ALL the functionality of mode changer to Govnah, but rather, just this one bit of code which MOST people would want. The idea that when you are charging, the speed should go down to avoid overheating is a good idea for those who are overclocking in general. Since 105 now has the code to handle this, Govnah doesn't need it anymore.
    Well, it depends on how much "bloat" there is, and how many people would want to use the feature. If upwards of 80 percent of the users would want to use a given feature, is it really bloat?

In this case, my concern wasn't about adding ALL the functionality of mode changer to Govnah, but rather, just this one bit of code which MOST people would want. The idea that when you are charging, the speed should go down to avoid overheating is a good idea for those who are overclocking in general. Since 105 now has the code to handle this, Govnah doesn't need it anymore.
    The kernel is the right place to do it, cause you don't want to have to have Govnah running all the time.

-- Rod
    Personally I'm game for options but because I don't have heat issues while charging and overclocking I like that I can work at the higher speed and charge. I don't use a touchstone because I got the extended battery so I don't know if heat would be an issue in that case but it would also make doing certain things while charging hard to do. So ultimately it is best to provide certain features like go to default speed on charger would be best as an option for the user to toggle on or off.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    epic, thanks!
    Ok guys, i need some help. First and foremost i apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but i did do a search and could not find what i was looking for. I am using the warthog kernel and have the screenstate set at 250/1050. When i set the settings in govnah it reports the frequency at 1050just like it is supposed to. When i swipe govnah away my phone sort of lags and i open govnah up and it shows the setting as being 500. The profile name says that it is running the one that i created for the 250/1050 settings but it just doesnt stick? I have heard that brightness unlinked will cause issues with the screenstate settings and i do have that installed however it is not running when i have these problems. I have uninstalled both govnah and tried different kernels but still get the same results. This just started recently for me. Anyone else seeing this or have any suggestions?
    Hi,
    I just installed Govnah and Uber kernel (or the placeholder..?) tonight.
    1. i do not see any temp readings it's just "..."
    2. i have to wait for the 1.4.5 update for uber kernel before i can go above 600 Mhz ?

Thanks to the people who spend time making this - really great
    Quote Originally Posted by janik_dk View Post
    Hi,
    I just installed Govnah and Uber kernel (or the placeholder..?) tonight.
    1. i do not see any temp readings it's just "..."
    2. i have to wait for the 1.4.5 update for uber kernel before i can go above 600 Mhz ?

Thanks to the people who spend time making this - really great
    You don't explicitly say but I'm inferring that you are running webOS 1.4.5, correct me if I'm wrong.

1) That is expected, you need a kernel with access to the cpu temp and the stock kernel doesn't allow it.
    2)I believe there is a 1.4.5 alpha uberkernel in the testing feeds but ofcourse it is at your own risk and is just the repackaged 1.4.1 kernel. The official 1.4.5 will be out within 24hours of palm releasing the kernel source code.
    Hi,

Yeah sorry - I forgot to mention i Run 1.4.5.
    Your answers has been very helpful - thanks
    Just updated to Govnah 0.5.3, running F105 v1.4.1-69. For frequency Govnah is showing NaN mA and flashes 1005 MHz when it updates. Didn't do this prior to updating Govnah.
    Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/09/2010 at 06:24 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Just updated to Govnah 0.5.3, running F105 v1.4.1-69. For frequency Govnah is showing NaN mA and flashes 1005 MHz when it updates. Didn't do this prior to updating Govnah.
    Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1
    +1 same phone but i am running newest UK from the testing feed. (sorry forget version# phone not with me.) And it's wierd, i wasn't sure if it installed correctly because i didnt get the release notes screen after updating and it still said 0.5.0 so i uninstalled and reinstalled govnah. release notes did show but version says 0.5.1 and in help still says 0.5.0
    Last edited by graffix31; 07/09/2010 at 05:26 AM. Reason: spelling, clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1
    Mine says the same, but at this moment I would not try and focus or worry so much about that, until devs can exlain what's up. Mine actually blinks the current frequency for a split second right before displaying NaN. Other than that tiny little make up difference,all of my profile stickys are working just fine. Lets wait and see what the amigos Rod and Marco have to say on this
    Same issue(?) here Sprint Pre with 1.4.1.1 tried with F105 and Warthog same issue with both. Everything seems to be working fine though.
    Also having the NaN issue. Govnah updated to this morning. Preware says v0.5.3, but Govnah itself still reports v0.5.0. I am using UberKernal [I believe it is v1.4.1-58] on a vzw Pre+ set for 800 MHz with the screenstate governor. Frequency report in Govnah alternates between NaN mA and 800 MHz, apparently with each poll.
    One of the other devs has done a Govnah alpha test version to add current measurement.

From your reports it looks like there are some issues with it.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Remember you're accessing an alpha testing feed if you're seeing this version.

-- Rod
    Yup same here, Govnah says version 0.5.0, when I just updated to 0.5.3.
    And it seems to be switching back and forth from NaN mA to 1005 MHz.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    I am seeing the same problem with the frequency displaying NaN mA (current) instead of frequency. Also, the version says 0.5.0 not 0.5.3. I am using the latest UberKernel.