Page 24 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I am seeing the compcache section differently. I don't have a slider for enabling nor does it show as MB. Is this a newer version on testing feed vs the normal feed?
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    I am seeing the compcache section differently. I don't have a slider for enabling nor does it show as MB. Is this a newer version on testing feed vs the normal feed?
    You need to go into Preferences and turn Manual Entry mode off
    you can change it above 16 but first you have to disable the compcache by putting it on false then change your setting (32, 64, ect..) and then switch it back to true and save
    the slider to enable it is the true/false (true=enable, false=disable)
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I'm having an issue with Warthog 1.4.1-61 and Govnah 0.5.0.

I was able to get a screenstate of 1Ghz/500mhz with comcache enabled and memlimit set to 16MB. It runs for a while but as some point I'll go look at Govnah and it's seems stuck at 500mhz. I'll try switching profiles, switching governers, and then going back, but screenstate in general (and my profile in particular) seems "stuck." Performance does let me get back up to 1Ghz. I've tried closing and reopening Govnah and even restarting, and while my profile is remembered, it's still stuck at 500mhz. Somehow I was able to jigger this back to its correct values, but I have no idea how, and it didn't last very long - I think every time you turn your screen off you basically risk it getting "stuck" again. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by domicius View Post
    I can confirm that with the latest stable versions of Govnah (0.5.0) and Uberkernel (1.4.1-58) the profiles I choose are "sticky" or preserved even after the reboot, let alone restarting only Govnah. It happens only sometimes (maybe under a heavy load) that the changes aren't reflected in the Govnah main screen, but that's remedied by restarting Govnah.

Which one is the default screenstate anyway? After you choose that profile, can you confirm that the governor MIN FREQ and MAX FREQ settings are what you expect them to be? And after you reopen Govnah, what does it say under profile?
    When i open Govnah and select profiles, I choose the screenstate. It then applies that profile but the freq would display 500. I would then select profile again and pick another profile(for instance fixed speed 720). I then applies that profile and shows 720. I then have to go back to profile and hit screenstate and it would then show 800. But as soon as I close Govnah or let the screeen go black and reopen it is back to displaying screenstate but showing 500. Any ideas anyone?
    Sorry to post again but I really like Govnah and would like to figure this out. I opened it and selected screenstate 500/800. I then verified that the min/max was 500/800. I then applied those setting and created and saved these settings as a new profile. Before I closed Govnah, I confirmed that all setting were correct and they were. When the screen goes black and I then start using it again, i can tell that it is back running at 500. I confirm this by opening Govnah and it shows 500 again? Also, it is not displaying the name of the new profile i created and left running? Should it show the new name or "screenstate 500/800"??

Also, the only way I can then get to show 800 is by picking another default profile and then going back on picking the newly created profile.

Just as a test, I just tried something. I opened govnah and selected my newly created profile. It took some playing around, but I also got it to show 800. I then left Govnah app open fully maximized and let the screen go black. When I woke my Pre, the Govnah app was still open and showed 800 for about a second and then reverted back to 500. Don't know if this make any sense to anyone, but I thought I would add this. Thanks for any help.

Also just noticed that the other default profiles are sticky, just not screensate 500/800 or the one that I created.

Sorry for all this nonsense, but after further testing the non-sticky problem only seems to be associated with screenstate profiles including the default one and the one I created. Still have no idea how to fix it.
    Last edited by Beach447; 06/29/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    What is your brightness set at?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    What is your brightness set at?
    I use the inverted keyboard brightness patch and i have it down as far as it will go.. 0 im sure. I have a nighttime job and I am driving so I like the screen as low as it can go.... do you think this has something to do with it?
    I know previously (and I am pretty sure still) any brightness set below 20 messes with screenstate. Try and set it at a minimum of 20 and see if that fixes it (the issue is specifically with the mhz going back up when you turn the screen back on). Not sure if there are any other workarounds. And I don't believe (at least haven't seen anything) about it being patch specific, but just related to that brightness setting being below 20.
    I know previously (and I am pretty sure still) any brightness set below 20 messes with screenstate. Try and set it at a minimum of 20 and see if that fixes it (the issue is specifically with the mhz going back up when you turn the screen back on). Not sure if there are any other workarounds. And I don't believe (at least haven't seen anything) about it being patch specific, but just related to that brightness setting being below 20.
    Thanks!! You are absolutely right. I increased it up to 16 and it is sticking correctly. Maybe 10 is the threshold. Either way, thanks a ton!!
    No worries!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hey everyone.

Great set of apps but I am unable to go beyond 800mhz in the settings. Is there something I am missing? I have followed the steps to the tee and even started from fresh and I am still sitting at 800mhz.

Everything also works great!

VZW Pre + 1.4.1

Running currently at 250/800
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacster View Post
    Hey everyone.

Great set of apps but I am unable to go beyond 800mhz in the settings. Is there something I am missing? I have followed the steps to the tee and even started from fresh and I am still sitting at 800mhz.

Everything also works great!

VZW Pre + 1.4.1

Running currently at 250/800
    Since you didn't say, what Kernel are you running?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Since you didn't say, what Kernel are you running?
    UberKernel
    Uber only runs up to 800mhz last I've seen. There is a testing kernel that will get up to 1ghz
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Uber only runs up to 800mhz last I've seen. There is a testing kernel that will get up to 1ghz
    Ahh, well that would explain it! I shall wait patiently =)
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I have an issue with Govnah 0.5.0. I just discovered only after I upgraded UberKernel to 1.4.1-58 I doesn't load custom saved profiles.

When e.g. I pick Fixed Speed 720, save it as a different profile, let's say "test" and select that profile it loads Fixed Speed 720 again...

When I select one of the other pre-defined profiles, it loads acoorectly again. When then again selecting "test" it again loads Fixed Speed 720...

EDIT: Oops apparently this has been discussed before. Sorry. I still don't understand the explanation though. I simply want a custom profile with my own defined name, based on Fixed Speed 720, but with compcache enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I'm having an issue with Warthog 1.4.1-61 and Govnah 0.5.0.

I was able to get a screenstate of 1Ghz/500mhz with comcache enabled and memlimit set to 16MB. It runs for a while but as some point I'll go look at Govnah and it's seems stuck at 500mhz. I'll try switching profiles, switching governers, and then going back, but screenstate in general (and my profile in particular) seems "stuck." Performance does let me get back up to 1Ghz. I've tried closing and reopening Govnah and even restarting, and while my profile is remembered, it's still stuck at 500mhz. Somehow I was able to jigger this back to its correct values, but I have no idea how, and it didn't last very long - I think every time you turn your screen off you basically risk it getting "stuck" again. Has anyone else experienced this?
    FYI: Warthog is an unsupported not-intended-for-end-users experimental testbed. There is no intention that it will work properly with anything else, but you might get lucky with some versions of it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I simply want a custom profile with my own defined name, based on Fixed Speed 720, but with compcache enabled.
    Create your own profile how you want it, and then swipe to delete the predefined one.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals