Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hi!!!!!!!! How are you???????

    Please read!!!!!

    Govnah has had sticky profiles since 0.4.0 ...

    Bye!!!!

    -- Rod
    Does it Automatically stick because i dont see the option or button to make it stick??????
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can't change the memlimit while compcache is enabled. You need to disable and apply settings first.

    -- Rod
    Still doesn't work. I disabled Compcache. I apply memlimit settings of 32 and it turns right back to 16.
  3. #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Still doesn't work. I disabled Compcache. I apply memlimit settings of 32 and it turns right back to 16.
    Did you disable, then hit apply settings, then change the memlimit, enable and hit apply settings?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Try this, Set compcacahe to false then set memlimit to what you want and tap apply settings > turn compcache back to true and tap apply settings again > then name profile and close Govnah. When you open it again it will have the profile name and proper settings.
    Tried it buddy. Still doesn't work. As soon as i select 32MB and apply settings, it reverts back to 16. Thanks.
  5. #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can only change the memlimit when compcache is disabled.

    -- Rod
    Oh! Thanks!

    ...and now that you say that, it sounds familiar; I've read that before...

    OK, so for others who've run with Compcache on their Sprint Pres...what have you found to be memlimit values?

    ...naturally, the bigger it's set to, the sooner you'll hit the compressed-RAM area which'll be slightly slower due to the compression/decompression overhead, but if it's set too low, then you potentially don't gain enough in actual overall memory to do enough good...

    So far, I've noted that, even on bootup with nothing running, Govnah reports over 200 MB of memory used...which, given the 256 MB RAM in Sprint Pres, seems crazy!

    UPDATE: Found some context on memlimit settings that seems to provide a sense of what size memlimits might be good for various kinds of users (those who usually run lots o big apps/games vs. those who run a few light apps, etc) http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2529170
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 06/28/2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: found some related info...
  6. #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you disable, then hit apply settings, then change the memlimit, enable and hit apply settings?

    -- Rod
    Rod, this worked. I was changing memlimit --> then apply settings and then enable ---> apply settings. That didn't work.

    Your steps worked. Thanks a lot
  7. indyjoe's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #447  
    I noticed what appears to be a bug with profiles and compcache with today's Govnah and uber kernel. I created a new profile that mimicked the existing 500-800 screenstate profile except that it had compcache enabled. I called the profile screenstate compcache. After selecting that profile it switches back to the regular screenstate profile but with compcache enabled. I will play around with it some more, but this is what I noticed earlier today. I wanted to test with compcache enabled vs disabled with just a switch of profiles, all other settings were the same.

    Thanks
  8. crholt's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hi!!!!!!!! How are you???????

    Please read!!!!!

    Govnah has had sticky profiles since 0.4.0 ...

    Bye!!!!

    -- Rod
    lol - classic! (I should probably say classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  9. #449  
    Basically, from reading the specs for the new Govnah 5.0/Compcache Uber-Kernel, if you are not having an issue with TMC error, then one does not need to update from the previous Preware public release Govnah/Uber-Kernel?

    Due to the non response I must have answered my own question, lol. Just really happy with the current setup and don't want to upset the cart, thanks for all of the great work from everyone at webOS Internals.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 06/28/2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: update
  10. #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    I noticed what appears to be a bug with profiles and compcache with today's Govnah and uber kernel. I created a new profile that mimicked the existing 500-800 screenstate profile except that it had compcache enabled. I called the profile screenstate compcache. After selecting that profile it switches back to the regular screenstate profile but with compcache enabled. I will play around with it some more, but this is what I noticed earlier today. I wanted to test with compcache enabled vs disabled with just a switch of profiles, all other settings were the same.
    That is working as intended. If you turn the full detail on for the profiles screen, you will see that the predefined profiles have no compcache settings, so they will match whether compcache is enabled or not.

    So if you want a profile which specifically *disables* compcache, then delete the predefined one and save a new one in its place. Then you will see it listed with an explicit compcache disable value.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #451  
    I've a Sprint Pre as well, and I just today updated my UeberKernel/CPUScaler Ultimate 2.0 setup to the new UeberKernel/Govnah 0.5.0 pair.

    I'm trying to decide what a good memlimit setting might be for my usage, and errade's earlier post in this thread was great for giving me some context for that decision:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2529197

    My question now, after I've guessed at a memlimit setting for myself, is whether I can kinda get a sense of how it's working for me by watching the Memory/Swap metric on Govnah's main screen.

    Even right after bootup, that read-out is pretty close to 210/0 MB.

    I'm guessing that the "Swap" number is really for the "swap" area, that is, the super-slow (relatively speaking) flash memory (i.e., not-RAM)? So with that in mind, is it true that, with memlimit choice that's good for our usage, we'd rarely see much Swap space being used, so that the swap number would best be close to 0 MB? I've seen it at 71 MB at the highest observed number today.

    Do we not have a direct measurement number of how much of our Compcache is being used? That seems like it might be a good number to have to help us judge whether any particular Compcache/memlimit size was a good choice for each of us, no?
  12. #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I've a Sprint Pre as well, and I just today updated my UeberKernel/CPUScaler Ultimate 2.0 setup to the new UeberKernel/Govnah 0.5.0 pair.

    I'm trying to decide what a good memlimit setting might be for my usage, and errade's earlier post in this thread was great for giving me some context for that decision:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2529197

    My question now, after I've guessed at a memlimit setting for myself, is whether I can kinda get a sense of how it's working for me by watching the Memory/Swap metric on Govnah's main screen.

    Even right after bootup, that read-out is pretty close to 210/0 MB.

    I'm guessing that the "Swap" number is really for the "swap" area, that is, the super-slow (relatively speaking) flash memory (i.e., not-RAM)? So with that in mind, is it true that, with memlimit choice that's good for our usage, we'd rarely see much Swap space being used, so that the swap number would best be close to 0 MB? I've seen it at 71 MB at the highest observed number today.

    Do we not have a direct measurement number of how much of our Compcache is being used? That seems like it might be a good number to have to help us judge whether any particular Compcache/memlimit size was a good choice for each of us, no?
    Take a look in /proc/ramzswap

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #453  
    Moderators, can we please move this thread to become part of the official Govnah thread?

    Posters, please use this thread instead:

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2528310

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. #454  
    Rod,

    I have a sprint pre what would you recommend for compcache setting??

    also the update that effects the charging speed rate how does that work with touchstone charging will the rate be 500 or 600 or what exactly?
  15. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #455  
    Everything was right until I had to reset by pulling the battery this afternoon (not related to Govnah). After the reboot and selecting my Screenstate profile, Govnah looked like this:

    When I selected Governor, it looked like this:

    When I tapped "Apply", I saw this:

    Then this, after tapping OK:

    Which looks normal.

    But, when I go back to the main screen, I no longer have a profile listed:

    When I try to select one, it stays like this.
    But when I go back to the Governor settings, they are all correct for the profile that I selected.

    Using the -58 Warthog kernel.
    I just wanted to report.
    That is all, for now.
    [After a luna restart, everything looks great- profile shows correctly.]
    Last edited by Trident; 06/28/2010 at 08:55 PM.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  16. fbcregan's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    have been using screenstate 800/250 for months now.....downloaded update to both govnah and uberkernal and now phone freezes on wakeup from anything below 500.....have to pull battery and reboot, if i was fine at 250 before update why not now?
    Me too. Mine keeps freezing when I try to turn on the screen.
  17. #457  
    Rod, or anyone who know

    please let me know if when using the touchstone charger the rate will be @500 or 800 or what rate????????
  18. #458  
    Is anyone having problems with the profile not sticking?? I use the default screenstate profile and when I set it it reads 800mhz. But when I close Govnah and open it back up it is back at 500mhz. I thought the profiles were sticky now?? Is anyone else having this problem?

    btw, I using Govnah 0.5.0 and uberkernal 1.4.1

    Thanks in advance for any help
    Last edited by Beach447; 06/29/2010 at 04:23 AM.
  19. #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    Is anyone having problems with the profile not sticking?? I use the default screenstate profile and when I set it it reads 800mhz. But when I close Govnah and open it back up it is back at 500mhz. I thought the profiles were sticky now?? Is anyone else having this problem?

    btw, I using Govnah 0.5.0 and uberkernal 1.4.1

    Thanks in advance for any help
    I can confirm that with the latest stable versions of Govnah (0.5.0) and Uberkernel (1.4.1-58) the profiles I choose are "sticky" or preserved even after the reboot, let alone restarting only Govnah. It happens only sometimes (maybe under a heavy load) that the changes aren't reflected in the Govnah main screen, but that's remedied by restarting Govnah.

    Which one is the default screenstate anyway? After you choose that profile, can you confirm that the governor MIN FREQ and MAX FREQ settings are what you expect them to be? And after you reopen Govnah, what does it say under profile?
    Want to get the best Android Apps on your webOS device? Tell HP we need OpenMobile ACL!
    Sign the petition today at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...apps-on-webos/
  20. #460  
    <<threads merged>>

Posting Permissions