Page 20 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Yeah 0.4.11

when I open it up shows setspeed 500
    min is 125
    max 800

IIRC it was like that on the last 2 versions of Govnah in the test feed. Maybe not the last 2 versions (but I remember seeing it prior to updating to 0.4.11, just hadn't got around to looking into too much before today).

I haven't had the actual running frequency crack 500 all day though, but when I tap on governor and it loads the settings, that's what its showing. On the 500/600 userspace I setup today, it shows the correct 500/600 (min/max) w/ 500 setspeed.
    Just to confirm - are these the settings you are seeing after just booting your phone and loading Govnah, or are these the settings you are seeing after applying the Palm Default profile in Govnah?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just to confirm - are these the settings you are seeing after just booting your phone and loading Govnah, or are these the settings you are seeing after applying the Palm Default profile in Govnah?

-- Rod
    I switched profiles a few times today.... I also just switched my phone from my custom 500/600 userspace to palm default to double check (had been in my custom profile for at least 3 hours). As soon as I switched back the "Palm Default" shows the same info as I posted above.

Just switched from Palm Default to my custom 500/600 Screenstate profile, tapped governor, all settings match what they should be, and the interface is showing the proper 500/600 screenstate. Switched back to Palm Default, phone drops back to 500, tapping Governor still shows the 125/800 scaling setspeed at 500. Switched back to my 500/600 userspace, still showing 500 and checking the settings shows the 500/600 w/ 500 scaling setspeed.

I know I threw a lot of changes in there, just wanted to confirm I am only seeing this on Palm Default regardless of what profile I had on before or after. Also I do know what you are talking about, as far as after reboot the first opening of govnah setting to 125/800 until a profile is selected (or if a default profile is setup I believe, haven't setup a default yet until I know what I want it to be).
  3.    #383  
    I don't think userspace cares about the scaling min/max values (But I could be totally wrong.) And maybe "Palm Default" is a bit of a misnomer. What I've seen from working on govnah, is that the min/max on userspace defaults to the min/max frequencies the kernel supports. And we have the default profile with a max of 800 because we assume people are using govnah with uberkernel, which has the higher frequencies available, and we wan't the default profile to match it instead of the stock kernels default.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    I don't think userspace cares about the scaling min/max values (But I could be totally wrong.) And maybe "Palm Default" is a bit of a misnomer. What I've seen from working on govnah, is that the min/max on userspace defaults to the min/max frequencies the kernel supports. And we have the default profile with a max of 800 because we assume people are using govnah with uberkernel, which has the higher frequencies available, and we wan't the default profile to match it instead of the stock kernels default.
    Cool, was just curious....

Now still curious, not sure if anyone will have an actual factual answer. Does lunasysmgr have a cap of 600 mhz, or was it being capped by the factory Palm Kernel. Since userspace functions on the demand of lunasysmgr, just curious if there would/could be an instance where it would request a frequency above 600mhz.

One other question, for anyone who may know. What exactly causes lunasysmgr to request 600mhz (or possibly higher frequencies)?

Just my thoughts as I continue to tinker with all this stuff.

Thanks for the info, and all the hard work you folks are doing!
    This is correct.

And I think I'm going to change it back to 600MHz max for Palm Default now that I've fixed a couple of related bugs in Govnah.

-- Rod
    Cool, was just curious....

Now still curious, not sure if anyone will have an actual factual answer. Does lunasysmgr have a cap of 600 mhz, or was it being capped by the factory Palm Kernel. Since userspace functions on the demand of lunasysmgr, just curious if there would/could be an instance where it would request a frequency above 600mhz.

One other question, for anyone who may know. What exactly causes lunasysmgr to request 600mhz (or possibly higher frequencies)?

Just my thoughts as I continue to tinker with all this stuff.

Thanks for the info, and all the hard work you folks are doing!
    LunaSysMgr clocks up to 600 when running a type:game app, and clocks back down to 500 when the app is not active.

It can only do this if the userspace governor is selected.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    LunaSysMgr clocks up to 600 when running a type:game app, and clocks back down to 500 when the app is not active.

It can only do this if the userspace governor is selected.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod, that's what I thought.
    Thanks Rod, that's what I thought.
    Sorry ff topic but just wanted to say awesome name. fellow dub lover here.
    Govnah 0.4.16 (in the testing feed) now has both Palm Default and UberKernel Default profiles on the Palm Pre. On the Pixi, there's just a Palm Default (cause the UberKernel default is identical).

Govnah 0.4.16 also fixes an obscure bug which silently stopped profiles being applied in some circumstances (new min greater than current max, new max less than current min).

Compcache configuration is not yet part of the saved profile.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    @ Rod,Is there a tweak to make the cpu temp shows on the govnah app like it did before?

After closing the application)
    How come I can only download 0.4.2? The Govnah app in Preware is showing 0.4.5 as the latest, but when I download/update it, it only shows 0.4.2. I have restarted and even removed UberKernel and Govnah and still can't get anything but 0.4.2.
    I am also tring to get the latest version as I just installed f105 and the older govnah doesn't show this new kernals specs correctly. At least this is what I've read was my problem.
    Compcache configuration is now part of the saved profile in Govnah 0.4.17 in the testing feed now.

This is a release candidate, so please give it a good test on a wide range of kernels.

-- Rod
    If anyone is looking for a batch of settings to test out, I use:

Governor: Conservative
    500 MHz to 800 MHz
    Sampling Rate: .5
    Sampling Down Factor: 1
    Up Threshold?: 60%
    Down Threshold: 30%
    Ignore Nice load: False
    Freq Step: 10%

Compcache: Enabled (Original Pre) / Disabled (Pre Plus)
    Memlimit: 16MB

This adheres to the philosophy of http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/ap...ce-to-idle.php while also being less prone to glitches from governors like ondemand and video playback artifacts.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    The Govnah 0.5.0 final build is in the testing feed. Last chance to comment before it goes public.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod, is there a way to restore the default profiles of Govnah? thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiwaker View Post
    Hi Rod, is there a way to restore the default profiles of Govnah? thank you.
    Uninstall and reinstall.

-- Rod
    i'm using uberk 21 and gov 5, screenstate 500/720. I want to explore the compcache settings, but don't see how to enable it. lve searched, perhaps not enough.... On a sidenote, my pre + has heat issues. If I OC to 800 I regulary see the mid 40s and 50s if I push it. Over night, I see mid 20s, off charger. My wife's (identical setup) is usually 10-12 degrees cooler all the time. She also seems to get better battery life (not much, lol)
    Last edited by jhodnettejr; 06/28/2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: detail
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    i'm using uberk 21 and gov 5, screenstate 500/720. I want to explore the compcache settings, but don't see how to enable it. lve searched, perhaps not enough.... On a sidenote, my pre + has heat issues. If I OC to 800 I regulary see the mid 40s and 50s if I push it. Over night, I see mid 20s, off charger. My wife's (identical setup) is usually 10-12 degrees cooler all the time. She also seems to get better battery life (not much, lol)
    Compcache wasn't added until Uber-35 (in alpha testing).

Uber-58 should be released to the public feed in the next couple of days, if not sooner.

-- Rod
    I'm just coming from F102 and decided to install Uberkernel. I successfully uninstalled F102 and installed the latest Uberkernel (-58) along with Govnah (0.5.0). I have verified that Uberkernel successfully installed. I have both the icon in the launcher and it shows up as installed in Preware. The issue I'm having with Govnah is that it will not allow me to select any profiles other than Palm Default. Also, the temperature does not display. Do I need to reinstall the kernel? I've already tried reinstalling Govnah with no success.

I'm reading/writing this from my Pre, so I apologize in advance if this issue was already brought up.