Page 19 of 96 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The latest change Marco made to screenstate is intended to limit the frequency to 500MHz when the device is being charged at 1000mA. Seems to be working perfectly in your case (assuming your car charger is charging at 1000mA)

-- Rod
    i am using the 125/800 setting. but when i am charging my phone i am forced to run in 125. that's too slow. can we have a setting for charging to be fixed at 500? (and not lower?)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    i am using the 125/800 setting. but when i am charging my phone i am forced to run in 125. that's too slow. can we have a setting for charging to be fixed at 500? (and not lower?)
    We should be able to create a new charging-freq parameter I think ...

-- Rod
    Govnah 0.4.8 is released to the testing feed. It includes robustification of parameter and profile handling.

There is still a known issue where where it may fail the first time you try and change the minimum frequency to a value that is higher than the current maximum frequency, or if you try and change the maximum frequency to a value which is lower than the current minimum frequency. If you apply the setting a second time it should work.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    238/108 is my memory and swap and I only have messaging, email, bad kitty and facebook open. Is it normal for the memory to be that high?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    238/108 is my memory and swap and I only have messaging, email, bad kitty and facebook open. Is it normal for the memory to be that high?
    As an alpha tester, you should remove all custom kernels, reboot, and characterise the memory usage of your device with your usage patterns and then record that on the Govnah wiki page.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    As an alpha tester, you should remove all custom kernels, reboot, and characterise the memory usage of your device with your usage patterns and then record that on the Govnah wiki page.

-- Rod
    A good baseline is to see what the memory xxx / xxx is immediately upon boot complete. Then check the status periodically or methodically throughout usage and testing. Recoding the xxx / xxx during, for example playing a 3D game, and then after closing the game. This way you get an idea of what may be "normal". I'm currently playing several 3D games for testing to see if I can reproduce the situation I had the other day after 2.5 hours of assassin's creed where I got hit with TMC popup. I will be recording the xxx /xxx amounts before, during and after each game session.

My first test was to see if it was 3D gaming in general or assassin's creed specifically. So after a reboot I played monopoly for as long as a single game took (unfortunately not 2.5 hours). Nothing unusual occurred. My next tests will be with dungeon hunter and heroes of sparta for 2.5 hours with a fresh reboot prior to each gaming session. Then if all is normal I will test again with assassin's creed. I think that will be sufficient for me to determine if it is a memory leak. This will probably be a week or so of testing since I won't be doing all of the playing at once but probably one session per day. All this to basically say this is in part my way of seeing what is "normal" along with testing for a specific thing.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Govnah 0.4.9 released to alpha testing. Please recreate any custom profiles created during alpha testing. Includes sticky compcache.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    You do have to keep it open for it to continue to log statistics.

As far as poll speed. I'm the one that sets the default preferences, so what it defaults to is what I suggest
    out of curiosity, what does the Poll Speed do, and what are the drawbacks of setting it to something other than 1 second (the default)?

thanks!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    out of curiosity, what does the Poll Speed do, and what are the drawbacks of setting it to something other than 1 second (the default)?

thanks!
    It's purely a trade-off between measurement frequency and extra power used to measure more frequently.

I recommend leaving Govnah closed when you are not actively looking at it. Then the difference doesn't matter.

-- Rod
    Using Govnah 0.4.10. I deleted custom profile (as asked in the Changelog), created a new one. When I select that one, Govnah acts like I seleted it, but the display and settings do not change. I try selecting a different profile, then select my profile, still never shows nor applies my custom profile. Using F102a.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Using Govnah 0.4.10. I deleted custom profile (as asked in the Changelog), created a new one. When I select that one, Govnah acts like I seleted it, but the display and settings do not change. I try selecting a different profile, then select my profile, still never shows nor applies my custom profile. Using F102a.

M.
    F102A is designed to be a fixed configuration kernel.

If you want configurability, use F104A or UberKernel.

Alternatively, please see if the problem is reproducible on Govnah 0.4.11 which updates the settings screen with the current values immediately after the settings are applied and as such gives you a better idea if your desired settings have actually been applied or not.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/24/2010 at 05:13 AM.
    Govnah 0.4.11 is released - anyone alpha testing custom kernels should update immediately.

-- Rod
    Govnah 0.4.11 is released - anyone alpha testing custom kernels should update immediately.

-- Rod
    Damn. Sorry Rod. I meant to type that I'm using F104a. I switched right nefore I left for this camping trip to try and save some electrons. I'm used to typing 102... I am indeed running 104a.

M.

-- Rod
    OK running 0.4.11 now. When I click my custom profile the settings do change, but the profile title does not. I have clicked on one of your "stock" ones, and the title changes (as do the settings). I click back on my custom (recreated as the Changelog requested) and the settings changed, but the titke does not.

M.
    OK running 0.4.11 now. When I click my custom profile the settings do change, but the profile title does not. I have clicked on one of your "stock" ones, and the title changes (as do the settings). I click back on my custom (recreated as the Changelog requested) and the settings changed, but the titke does not.

M.
    Is it possible that both profiles match, and it's just choosing the first one?

Note the compcache settings are not part of the profile matching algorithm yet ...

-- Rod
    Is it possible that both profiles match, and it's just choosing the first one?

Note the compcache settings are not part of the profile matching algorithm yet ...

-- Rod
    Well, yes (and no). I'm using a modified "Fixed Speed 720" as the base profile. I changed the compcache to 64M and saved it as "720MHz / 64M". I guess the behavio(u)r is as you are saying. Since the compcache setting is not part of the profile, it sees the same settings as your stock 720 and displays that. I guess that kinda makes sense. I still would have to chalk this up as a bug since it shiuld be displaing the profile I selected regardless of what the settings are (??).

M.
    Well, yes (and no). I'm using a modified "Fixed Speed 720" as the base profile. I changed the compcache to 64M and saved it as "720MHz / 64M". I guess the behavio(u)r is as you are saying. Since the compcache setting is not part of the profile, it sees the same settings as your stock 720 and displays that. I guess that kinda makes sense. I still would have to chalk this up as a bug since it shiuld be displaing the profile I selected regardless of what the settings are (??).

M.
    It's working as designed, but the design is not yet complete.

You will find that you can even add multiple identical profiles at the moment, and it will only ever display the first one that matches.

Any Mojo developer is welcome to take a look at the code and contribute the code to make profiles work better. Until that happens, the design will continue to be fleshed out as the current developers (i.e. mainly myself) have spare time.

-- Rod
    Rod or Oil-

Messing around with settings in Govnah. I thought I remember reading somewhere (was in a thread but could have been bad info), that in factory form (factory kernel and no govnah, etc) Lunasysmgr can scale frequency up to 600 mhz. Is this correct?

I was curious because the "Palm Default" userspace profile in Govnah is set to max frequency of 800 mhz. Would lunasysmgr ever push the scaling that high? Just trying to clarify this as I set up some custom profiles to see what works best for me.

Compcache has solved most of the issues I needed solved as far as daily use, so now I am trying to get a handle on the various profile types and how they will act.

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Rod or Oil-

Messing around with settings in Govnah. I thought I remember reading somewhere (was in a thread but could have been bad info), that in factory form (factory kernel and no govnah, etc) Lunasysmgr can scale frequency up to 600 mhz. Is this correct?

I was curious because the "Palm Default" userspace profile in Govnah is set to max frequency of 800 mhz. Would lunasysmgr ever push the scaling that high? Just trying to clarify this as I set up some custom profiles to see what works best for me.

Compcache has solved most of the issues I needed solved as far as daily use, so now I am trying to get a handle on the various profile types and how they will act.

Thanks guys!
    Are you running Govnah 0.4.11 in the testing feed?

I thought Palm Default was 600 Max.

-- Rod
    Are you running Govnah 0.4.11 in the testing feed?

I thought Palm Default was 600 Max.

-- Rod
    Yeah 0.4.11

when I open it up shows setspeed 500
    min is 125
    max 800

IIRC it was like that on the last 2 versions of Govnah in the test feed. Maybe not the last 2 versions (but I remember seeing it prior to updating to 0.4.11, just hadn't got around to looking into too much before today).

I haven't had the actual running frequency crack 500 all day though, but when I tap on governor and it loads the settings, that's what its showing. On the 500/600 userspace I setup today, it shows the correct 500/600 (min/max) w/ 500 setspeed.