Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #301  
    it stopped working lol
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  2. #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    it stopped working lol
    No longer goes to 800mhz when screen is on?
  3. #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    No longer goes to 800mhz when screen is on?
    exactly. Don't know what's causing this at all.
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4. #304  
    Can you run the pre at Fixed speed 800mhz in govnah and test it via cat /proc/cpuinfo?
    How are you testing screen on speed? Can you do it through terminal if you have it installed?
  5. #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Can you run the pre at Fixed speed 800mhz in govnah and test it via cat /proc/cpuinfo?
    How are you testing screen on speed? Can you do it through terminal if you have it installed?
    I'm not at my pc so I'll have to install terminal
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  6. #306  
    by the time I was going to test, I switched to screenstate and it went back to 800. Don't know if I'm blind, I gotta check my eyes!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  7. stirling's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #307  
    I'm running UK and Govnah, and noticed that when I launch Tiger Woods PGA Tour using an on demand setting that scales to 720, I get some very weird video redraws. When I set to Screenstate 500/800 everything is perfect. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or can recreate it.
    Love the UK Govnah combo btw.
  8. #308  
    Its an issue with stock demand settings. Read the UK thread for the fix.
  9. #309  
    Maxima2k53: Make sure your screen brightness is set to at least 20...there has been an issue with screenstate thinking the screen is off if brightness is set lower. I don't know if this is your issue, but it's worth a try.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  10. #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Maxima2k53: Make sure your screen brightness is set to at least 20...there has been an issue with screenstate thinking the screen is off if brightness is set lower. I don't know if this is your issue, but it's worth a try.
    i used to have that issue a while back, but thats not my issue it was weird. I had UK -21 a while ago never had problems, i updated to the alpha -31 it was all good for 2 days straight. Till 2 days ago i started experiencing freezes and luna restarts and TMC errors were crazy yesterday and today. And then also today screenstate was acting ********, even though my screen was bright it would show 500 for off ans on. Randomly it would show 800 and then back to 500 minutes later; kept on experiencing freezing. So today i reverted back to the UK -21 and its been perfect ever since. Screen state working perfectly even if my screen display is at and no more freezes, no TMC errors(well some) but not as much as the other days.
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  11. #311  
    Glad to hear it. Guess that's why they call it alpha testing...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  12. #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i used to have that issue a while back, but thats not my issue it was weird. I had UK -21 a while ago never had problems, i updated to the alpha -31 it was all good for 2 days straight. Till 2 days ago i started experiencing freezes and luna restarts and TMC errors were crazy yesterday and today. And then also today screenstate was acting ********, even though my screen was bright it would show 500 for off ans on. Randomly it would show 800 and then back to 500 minutes later; kept on experiencing freezing. So today i reverted back to the UK -21 and its been perfect ever since. Screen state working perfectly even if my screen display is at and no more freezes, no TMC errors(well some) but not as much as the other days.
    Looks like -31 has some problems on your device. Can you reinstall -31 for another day, see if the problems return, and then reinstall -21 again and see if they go away again?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Looks like -31 has some problems on your device. Can you reinstall -31 for another day, see if the problems return, and then reinstall -21 again and see if they go away again?

    -- Rod
    I'll give it another try
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. #314  
    Hello, just installed Govnah. My drop down settings are limited to 600mhz, wasn't it supposed to be 800mhz?
  15. #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatstudio View Post
    Hello, just installed Govnah. My drop down settings are limited to 600mhz, wasn't it supposed to be 800mhz?
    Govnah lets you choose among different ways of scaling your CPU; that's 125 to 600MHz if you're using Palm stock kernel.

    Once you install the UberKernel, you've got 2 new available frequencies, 720 & 800MHz, to play with...
  16. #316  
    thanks a lot of
  17. #317  
    @rwhitby:

    maxima2k53's issue sounds a lot like the problem i'm seeing as well. I was using Govnah with Uberkernel, then a couple of days ago switched over to Compache F104.

    All the govnah profiles seems to work, EXCEPT for the Screenstate, which shows up as "unknown" when selected and seems to stays at 500 even when the screen is on. This problem was evident using both the Uberkernel and the Compache F104 kernel. I can also confirm that it used to work fine with Uberkernel, and then suddenly stopped working.

    I've tried uninstalling Govnah and reinstalling it based on the changenote saying something about the "unknown" issue. That didn't solve it.

    I'm in the process of installing the Compache F102 kernel now, which does not require the use of Govnah.

    From what I've observed so far, could it be that there's a bug in the Govnah settings for the "Screenstate 500/800" profile that is causing this issue? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you debug this.
  18. #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatstudio View Post
    Hello, just installed Govnah. My drop down settings are limited to 600mhz, wasn't it supposed to be 800mhz?
    If you already have the Uber-Kernel, you have to reboot your phone to have the 720 and 800Mhz options.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  19. #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    @rwhitby:

    maxima2k53's issue sounds a lot like the problem i'm seeing as well. I was using Govnah with Uberkernel, then a couple of days ago switched over to Compache F104.

    All the govnah profiles seems to work, EXCEPT for the Screenstate, which shows up as "unknown" when selected and seems to stays at 500 even when the screen is on. This problem was evident using both the Uberkernel and the Compache F104 kernel. I can also confirm that it used to work fine with Uberkernel, and then suddenly stopped working.

    I've tried uninstalling Govnah and reinstalling it based on the changenote saying something about the "unknown" issue. That didn't solve it.

    I'm in the process of installing the Compache F102 kernel now, which does not require the use of Govnah.

    From what I've observed so far, could it be that there's a bug in the Govnah settings for the "Screenstate 500/800" profile that is causing this issue? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you debug this.
    What's more likely is that F10x has added a new kernel parameter which is not supported by the default screenstate profile.

    Just swipe to delete the default screenstate profile, and add your own one.

    -- Rod
  20. #320  
    I noticed that in the preferences for the application i am unable to select run in dashboard. Even though its not running in the dashboard and the application is closed will the settings (aka screenstate) will still continue to function?

Posting Permissions