Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    rwhitby- Using Govnah 0.4.2 and UberKernel-31, could you give some details about the 'on ts charger' setting in the ScreenState Governor Settings?
    It should be noted that Govnah gets the governor list and each governors settings dynamically from the kernel.
    For some strange reason I don't show an update for uber kernel I have -21 and there is no update button. I have the kernel feed, pre testing feed, and all testing feed.

EDIT: Silly me the kernel testing feed isn't present, I didn't realize there was a kernel feed and kernel testing feed.
    Last edited by StoneRyno; 06/04/2010 at 04:22 PM.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I cant get the profile to stick. I am running govnah 0.4.2. It works but when i pull the battery out and put it back in, i need to turn the overclock back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingmongoose View Post
    I cant get the profile to stick. I am running govnah 0.4.2. It works but when i pull the battery out and put it back in, i need to turn the overclock back on.
    it works when a clean reboot occurs, not a battery pull
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Nice! No more resetting after a reboot
    how do you perform a clean reboot? is that a luna reboot or a java reboot?
    I restart my Pre in the "Device Info" app.
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingmongoose View Post
    Thanks for reporting that the safety feature that took us so long to get right is working perfectly for you.

You really don't want to make a habit of pulling the battery on a smartphone without doing a proper shutdown first. Sooner or later it will end up wiping all your data.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/07/2010 at 05:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I can understand NOT applying govnah settings on a straight battery pull (frozen device etc etc ) BUT what about a "proper" battery pull? ( power/shut down/swap battery ) I tend to need a second battery during some days.

Edit/Answer..Ok so i decided to spend some time doing a few reboots/battery pulls. The answer to my own question is YES govnah settings STICK after a proper shutdown/battery pull.
    Last edited by hofs1; 06/05/2010 at 11:23 AM.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I'm back in the game with Uberkernel and Govnah - thanks for the 'sticky' update, it's nice. And the failsafes are cleverly implemented.
    I'm having a problem with the latest govnah, I have it set to screen state but its showing running at 500 and when see the settings, it shows max 800 and min 500, I have no idea what's going on
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I'm having a problem with the latest govnah, I have it set to screen state but its showing running at 500 and when see the settings, it shows max 800 and min 500, I have no idea what's going on
    Remove everything uber kernel and govnah... Then do a webos repair utility it won't erase any patches/themes and all issues will be eradicated. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I'm back in the game with Uberkernel and Govnah - thanks for the 'sticky' update, it's nice. And the failsafes are cleverly implemented.
    I know that's right. was waiting for this moment.
    well I tried to remove UK and govnah and restarted and installed UK and govnah again and restarted and still screen state is not working anymore for me just stays at 500. Fixed speeds work, so I guess I'll have to do the repsir utility when I get home

update: I'm having problem with UK 31 not UK 21
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 06/07/2010 at 08:13 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

ok,try doing webos utility repair when you can. The latest govnah is out,once you download it through preware,that is the one you'll get. After doing webos utility go to preware,download uber kernel then govnah..restart phone then set screenststate 500-800,and make sure you set your profile to that also. Choosing any other settings will only give you that setting at the same min and max. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    ok,try doing webos utility repair when you can. The latest govnah is out,once you download it through preware,that is the one you'll get. After doing webos utility go to preware,download uber kernel then govnah..restart phone then set screenststate 500-800,and make sure you set your profile to that also. Choosing any other settings will only give you that setting at the same min and max. Good luck.
    well it didnt work, only the fixed speeds work
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

well it didnt work, only the fixed speeds work
    Go to the profile option in govnah and select the screenstate sticky. Test the speeds using cat /proc/cpuinfo, what value do you get when the screen is off?
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Go to the profile option in govnah and select the screenstate sticky. Test the speeds using cat /proc/cpuinfo, what value do you get when the screen is off?
    i dont know wut i did, but it started working, i dont get it. yesterday and last night even with the screen on it showed 500 no matter wut. when i woke up this morning it showed the same thing. just now that u replied i did that command, and now its working
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i dont know wut i did, but it started working, i dont get it. yesterday and last night even with the screen on it showed 500 no matter wut. when i woke up this morning it showed the same thing. just now that u replied i did that command, and now its working
    Well I don't know how to explain that but at least it working for you now.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Well I don't know how to explain that but at least it working for you now.
    yes sir, I have no idea what caused it to work so I guess its all good
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!