Page 14 of 96 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Not to be boring, but the sticky settings continue to be very stable for me and open the way they are supposed to every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Not to be boring, but the sticky settings continue to be very stable for me and open the way they are supposed to every time.
    Yeah, as soon as someone works out why the profile is coming up as Unknown when the app starts, we can do a public release of 0.4.x

Update: Oil figured it out, and 0.4.2 is now in the testing feed.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/02/2010 at 07:43 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Installed the new govnah and unknown profile was corrected immediately. great work.
    I updated Govnah and it fixed the "Unknown Profile" bug. I then updated to the latest Uber Kernel in the testing feeds, and the "Unknown Profile" bug is back.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I updated Govnah and it fixed the "Unknown Profile" bug. I then updated to the latest Uber Kernel in the testing feeds, and the "Unknown Profile" bug is back.
    yes i was about to post this right now
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I already had the latest UK. When I put the new Govnah on, i used Preset Reset to do a reboot. Started Govnah and it's on the Palm Default.

Update: I opened the new Govnah and changed it to my profile, rebooted and it stuck.
    Last edited by potatoboy; 06/02/2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Updated
    another where profile unknown after the new UK.
    I have Govnah 0.4.2 (alpha) installed and no problems to report.

Also installed Preware 1.1.2 (alpha) today and also nothing to report....

However I only mention this as I think I saw on Twitter that there is a new (Alpha / Testing) UberKernel as well, but it's not showing up in Preware. Is there a separate testing feed for UK? or am I mising something?

Edit: Nevermind. Figured it out by navigating through http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/ to see that yes, there is actually a separate testing feed for Kernels now. http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/

I must have missed this change while I was on vacation because I think the testing Kernel used to be in the other testing feed.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 06/03/2010 at 10:40 AM.
    Profile is still sticking after reboot and everything is working great with the new UK. But still govnah is showing unknown profile for screenstate 500/800.
    Can those people who are seeing unknown profile in Govnah 0.4.2 confirm whether they are running UberKernel -21 released or -31 alpha testing please ?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Can those people who are seeing unknown profile in Govnah 0.4.2 confirm whether they are running UberKernel -21 released or -31 alpha testing please ?

-- Rod
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Govnah 0.4.2 is released.

Added the startup splash screen and some initial default profiles.
    Select a profile to have it automatically reapplied on each clean reboot.

-- Rod
    I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    -21, I did not know there was an updated kernel, I have the testing feeds encabled and -21 is the most recent one I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    -21, I did not know there was an updated kernel, I have the testing feeds encabled and -21 is the most recent one I have.
    Please give a detailed step-by-step reproducible test case for Govnah 0.4.2 and UberKernel 1.4.x-21, because I cannot reproduce the problem using that combination.

Note that the alpha testing -31 version of UberKernel (which is in the kernel testing feed) has additional kernel configuration parameters which cause the built-in Screenstate 500/800 profile to no longer match the kernel configuration, so it is expected that you will get an unknown profile for screenstate on UberKernel -31 alpha.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/04/2010 at 01:49 AM.
    Sorry about that, I was just posting that I had v-21. I did have an issue last night for a while where the govnah would not let me choose a profile. Thsi morning, after the PresetReset launched Govnah, all is well, so maybe I just needed to restart, or at least Luna restart after I installed the new Govnah release.
    yes i am on 31 and it shows unknown. but at least we know why.
    thanks
    rwhitby- Using Govnah 0.4.2 and UberKernel-31, could you give some details about the 'on ts charger' setting in the ScreenState Governor Settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    rwhitby- Using Govnah 0.4.2 and UberKernel-31, could you give some details about the 'on ts charger' setting in the ScreenState Governor Settings?
    I'll let Marco answer that one.

Note that it's likely to change name or location before public release, so don't get too attached to it.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Dude Thank YOU!!! I love the new govnah and the sticky profile. i love that I will not have to open govnah and make changes every time i restart my phone, so sweet thank you keep up the great work!