Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by loftwyr View Post
    Conservative 250-800. A good powersaver with speed when needed.
    I need a full list of all the settings for "Conservative 250/800".

A list that has the consensus agreement.

And a list that does not hang devices - we can't put default profiles in that hang devices when selected (as the default conservative settings do for a significant number of people, including my development Pre)

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I'd like a 800 set speed sticky please, but its only a few buttons to create the profile myself so is not essential if nobody else wants it.
    That is what "Performance 500/800" is. It always runs at 800.

Maybe we need better "user-friendly" names for the profiles ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, before I release Govnah 0.4.x with sticky profiles, I want to add some more default profiles.

I currently have "Palm Default", "Screenstate 500/800" and "Performance 500/800".

What are the top 5 to 7 profiles that the community wants to be in Govnah by default?

-- Rod
    Hey Rod, first - Thank you for all the hard work, my family & I will always be grateful...
    2nd - The profile I use 90% of the time is 800/250 Screenstate... Seems very stable to me after a solid mnt of testing...

One thing that has been brought up is the posibility of Screenstate causing a TMC error?.. Which I do seem to get every so often without running more than 1 or 2 cards...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is what "Performance 500/800" is. It always runs at 800.

Maybe we need better "user-friendly" names for the profiles ...

-- Rod
    Thanks for clearing that up, I was not aware of that.
    Yes I would agree on a name change if possible as to me performance sounds potchy, I wouldn't(didn't) guess that it was a set speed.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    You could include a default onDemand 500/720 or 500/800, but to me at least, scaling isn't worth the overhead compared to something like the screenstate governor. I'd be okay if you didn't include many default profiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by loftwyr View Post
    Conservative 250-800. A good powersaver with speed when needed.
    +100! This is the one I use all the time and it is stable and seems to work well. I also have another profile with screene state 500/800 but I use Convervative 250/800 almost exclusively.

Edit:
    The settings I have for my 250/800 Conservative are this:
    Min freq-250
    Max freq-800
    samoling rate 0.5 seconds
    down factor -1
    up threshold-80%
    nice load false
    freq step 50%

This combo seems to allow it to ramp up quickly when it needs to, and drops down to 250 when idle. In watching the frequency graph it also seems to not bounce from 250 to 800 and back as readily, but actually stops at 600 and 720 ocasionaly as well. Inw atching the load average graph, it looks like this has a much smoother and gradual up and down but when it needs to it bumps right up.

Hope this info helps!
    Last edited by jakelaw; 05/30/2010 at 02:26 AM.
    My pre w/Govnah 0.4.0 loaded up my previous profile after a preset reset scheduled reboot. I haven't seen anyone report on this yet. So after 1 night, it worked as expected.

I use Performance 800/800. That would be my vote for a default profile. But I can see why it would probably not be selected.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    My pre w/Govnah 0.4.0 loaded up my previous profile after a preset reset scheduled reboot. I haven't seen anyone report on this yet. So after 1 night, it worked as expected.

I use Performance 800/800. That would be my vote for a default profile. But I can see why it would probably not be selected.
    The default profile in Govnah is, and will always be, the Palm Default profile.

We're discussing the 5 to 7 other profiles which will come pre-installed ready for selection by the user. Performance 500/800 (renamed to "Fixed Speed 800" at the moment in my working tree) has already been stated as one of them in my earlier post.

-- Rod
    I can also report that after a preset reset my 500/800 screenstate did stick and is working great. Awesome work!!!
    Ok, just a couple questions:

I thought I read a while ago that the screenstate governor doesn't support scaling to 250 MHz when idle? Has this been updated in UberKernal yet?

Also, what is the diference between setting the speed to 800 MHz in the Userspace governor and setting it to 800 MHz in the Performance governor?
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    I can report that in testing 0.4.0 my Performance 800/800 stuck after my Preset/Reset this morning. Also after Blob+Sym+R. Haven't had any unexpected shut-downs, so can't report on whether it is not sticking after those.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have been running the same profile for the last month or so.

conservative
    80%
    20%
    True
    10%

I found at 250 & 125 I had the potential of missing notifications for SMS.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    Ok, just a couple questions:

I thought I read a while ago that the screenstate governor doesn't support scaling to 250 MHz when idle? Has this been updated in UberKernal yet?

Also, what is the diference between setting the speed to 800 MHz in the Userspace governor and setting it to 800 MHz in the Performance governor?
    I was wondering this same thing... Looking forward to hearing the answer...
    Hi, this is my first post in this community. I use, in Italy, a Palm PrPrPr $and$ $I$'$m$ $testing$ $Govnah$ $and$ $until$ $now$ $I$ $see$ $2$ $big$ $problem$:
    1. In "Performance" mode, Palm work fix to 800 MHz;
    2. When I use the TouchStone for recharge, the internal temperature go up 45C

About first problem I read other post with similar problem, but for second problem have you a idea?
    Thanks for your help and answer
    Other problem: I use the "battery patch" and "Temperature with Battery in Device Menu"; I see the big different between temperature showed in menu (45) - right side of the battery rowe - and Govnah temperature (40). Why this difference? Which to choose?
    Quote Originally Posted by redwolf217 View Post
    Other problem: I use the "battery patch" and "Temperature with Battery in Device Menu"; I see the big different between temperature showed in menu (45) - right side of the battery rowe - and Govnah temperature (40). Why this difference? Which to choose?
    The device menu is the battery temperature and the govnah temp is the cpu temp. Generally, the cpu temp is more important to watch and should be kept under 45 degrees. The two temperatures you described is normal to me.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Hey guys... I was trying to figure out how to add the Webinternals Beta Feed to Preware... but does it make sense or should I just wait for the official drop??

PS I was checking Main Page - WebOS Internals
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The device menu is the battery temperature and the govnah temp is the cpu temp. Generally, the cpu temp is more important to watch and should be kept under 45 degrees. The two temperatures you described is normal to me.
    Thanks for you answer and explanation, now I tried TS and "Ondemand" profile on Govanh. This is my result:
    Govnah temperature: 35
    Battery temperature: 43

I think good
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Hey guys... I was trying to figure out how to add the Webinternals Beta Feed to Preware... but does it make sense or should I just wait for the official drop??

PS I was checking Main Page - WebOS Internals
    Completely depends on whether you want updates/additions of every Beta that Preware releases, or not.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I had the phone on the touchstone in the car, while running Google Maps following a route, and was going through some quite spotty coverage areas.... when I got where I was going and took the phone off, hoo boy, was it hot. Popped open Govnah and the CPU temp was at 47 and dropping. I may very well have been running over 50, but everything seems to still be working ok.

I asked this earlier in this thread... is there a way to see the max/min CPU temps?

EDIT: I was running screenstate 500/800... screen on the whole time.
    Last edited by DrHeathenScum; 05/30/2010 at 02:47 PM.