Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #201  
    Govnah and CPUScalerUBER BOTH FREEZE when I select ondemand and 250-800mhz respectively-

    I have tried them separately and they both freeze everytime- I have tried erasing all my patches and apps etc... still doesnt work.

    Is something wrong with my CPU/hardware? Whats going on?? LOL!
  2. #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre4Us View Post
    Govnah and CPUScalerUBER BOTH FREEZE when I select ondemand and 250-800mhz respectively-

    I have tried them separately and they both freeze everytime- I have tried erasing all my patches and apps etc... still doesnt work.

    Is something wrong with my CPU/hardware? Whats going on?? LOL!
    You probably have a CPU that doesn't like being over- or under-clocked.

    LOL! (I have no idea what you're laughing about, but I'll play along)

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre4Us View Post
    Govnah and CPUScalerUBER BOTH FREEZE when I select ondemand and 250-800mhz respectively-

    I have tried them separately and they both freeze everytime- I have tried erasing all my patches and apps etc... still doesnt work.

    Is something wrong with my CPU/hardware? Whats going on?? LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You probably have a CPU that doesn't like being over- or under-clocked.

    LOL! (I have no idea what you're laughing about, but I'll play along)

    -- Rod
    Yes unfortunately the nature of hardware means some hardware won't overclock. I built my current PC for overclocking and I got unlucky and my CPU, RAM, and graphics card; all of which are acclaimed as excellent overclock components; and none of them will overclock. I tried and my systems performance actually decreases overclocking the components the whole 5% they would accept stable. Slower CPUs tend to overclock a lot if they respond to overclocking so it is either complete success or complete fail unfortunately so some times luck is not on the side of the user and their CPU will be one that doesn't take to it. I feel for you here because I am bummed that I can't overclock my PC even after picking ideal components for doing so.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  4. #204  
    My Govnah is not showing temperature read out and it is not giving options to overclock past 600mhz..

    I have installed and reinstalled kernal and govnah and restarted after each and still I am limited..


    Please help.

    ps. where do u download cpuscaler? Can not find it on preware..
  5. #205  
    Govnah 0.4.0 is now in the testing feed. Please alpha test it and report your results.

    Select a profile to make it automatically reapply on each clean reboot. The settings are not made sticky unless you explicitly select a profile (so you will need to save that profile first, and then explicitly select it).

    After a Blob+Sym+R reboot, the settings will be restored.

    After typing "reboot" on the command line, the settings will be restored.

    After a "power-wiggle-wiggle" kernel restart, the settings will not be restored.

    After a "tellbootie" boot-loader restart, the settings will not be restored.

    If you pull the battery while the device is running, the settings will not be restored.

    If you have a kernel crash, the settings will not be restored.

    If your filesystems are not cleanly unmounted on reboot, the settings will not be restored.

    An alpha tester will tell us what happens with apps like Preset Reset ...

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/29/2010 at 10:59 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #206  
    Nice work guys love it... mine over clocks to 800 just fine and under clocks to 125 just fine i would suggest adding a patch that will put the CPU temp up top by the battery that way you can see that at all times...
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Govnah 0.4.0 is now in the testing feed. Please alpha test it and report your results.

    Select a profile to make it automatically reapply on each clean reboot. The settings are not made sticky unless you explicitly select a profile (so you will need to save that profile first, and then explicitly select it).

    After a Blob+Sym+R reboot, the settings will be restored.

    After typing "reboot" on the command line, the settings will be restored.

    After a "power-wiggle-wiggle" kernel restart, the settings will not be restored.

    After a "tellbootie" boot-loader restart, the settings will not be restored.

    If you pull the battery while the device is running, the settings will not be restored.

    If you have a kernel crash, the settings will not be restored.

    If your filesystems are not cleanly unmounted on reboot, the settings will not be restored.

    An alpha tester will tell us what happens with apps like Preset Reset ...

    -- Rod
    Sorry for the stupid question but what is a Blob or the blob key? Are you referring to the Orange or all White function key?
  8. #208  
    One of the changelogs mentioned something about launch parameters. Are these active?

    Is it possible to use Mode Switcher to launch Govnah with certain settings yet?
  9. #209  
    I think my original install of uberkernel failed and i can not uninstall it in preware, i hit remove and i get "error"

    Also, the recovery kernel does not work either..

    did reboot, but uberkernel is still there and unable to uninstall

    please help!


    IPK log:
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Fatal error occurred, unable to locate tarball
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Fatal error occurred, unable to locate tarball
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Fatal error occurred, unable to locate tarball
    Last edited by toofast4yourazz; 05/29/2010 at 02:22 PM.
  10. #210  
    So...

    Did you install UberKernel?

    Did you make sure you fully rebooted the phone?



    M.
  11. #211  
    Great update! Brilliant solution by the way, making it only stick for "normal" reboot requests and unstick for "alternative" reboot requests.
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    One of the changelogs mentioned something about launch parameters. Are these active?

    Is it possible to use Mode Switcher to launch Govnah with certain settings yet?
    That is the plan. But it will take some new code on Mode Switchers side.

    Any app can use the relaunch commands. I've explained them on the wiki: Application:Govnah - WebOS Internals.
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    I think my original install of uberkernel failed and i can not uninstall it in preware, i hit remove and i get "error"

    Also, the recovery kernel does not work either..

    did reboot, but uberkernel is still there and unable to uninstall

    please help!


    IPK log:
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Fatal error occurred, unable to locate tarball
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Fatal error occurred, unable to locate tarball
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Fatal error occurred, unable to locate tarball
    same thing happened to me a call stopped the install process mid way you need to doctor your phone that's the only way i could get it to work plus its prob a good idea any ways gives you a clean slate that way
  14. #214  
    Ok i was able to delete it off my app list then remove via preware then i did palm kernel install (recovery) and then reinstalled uberkernel and it worked.

    thanks for the help all.
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Nice work guys love it... mine over clocks to 800 just fine and under clocks to 125 just fine i would suggest adding a patch that will put the CPU temp up top by the battery that way you can see that at all times...
    I believe Jason R is working on that ...

    -- Rod
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I believe Jason R is working on that ...

    -- Rod
    Nice i just got a worm and fuzzy feeling all over... like i use to get when i was a kid night before xmas lol



    But its no were close to Dec 25th Thanks i like this thread i almost always get an answer with in a couple hours over here you guys rock thanks...
  17. #217  
    OK, before I release Govnah 0.4.x with sticky profiles, I want to add some more default profiles.

    I currently have "Palm Default", "Screenstate 500/800" and "Performance 500/800".

    What are the top 5 to 7 profiles that the community wants to be in Govnah by default?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #218  
    I imagine Screenstate 250/800 would be popular, even though it interferes with my data connection. It worked great on my first Pre though.
  19. loftwyr's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #219  
    Conservative 250-800. A good powersaver with speed when needed.
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
  20. #220  
    I'd like a 800 set speed sticky please, but its only a few buttons to create the profile myself so is not essential if nobody else wants it.

Posting Permissions