Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I have just doctored my phone. Have only Preware, uberkernal and govnah on the pre, along with some paid apps that automatically install when doctoring.....

OnDemand setting locks up the phone completely and can not do a thing until pulling the battery.

Phone doesn't run as well as when I had the old 800 patch on there. Also, the damn thing goes back to 500 without me wanting it to. Seems to run warmer than with just the patch on it....
    I have done a bit of testing in a heavy bandwidth environment on the Pre and found that with Govnah set at

Powersave
    min freq - 125MHz
    max freq - 125MHz

You will have the best MiFi experience as the Pre will not "IN MY EXPERIENCE" overheat and the bandwidth is not noticeably affected. Plus I was still able to get all other notifications.

~~~~~
    There is no particular thread for this information in my reply but I figure this would be good for everyone to know...
    ~~~~~

I was also wondering if the Op of Govnah could incorporate a Governor state that is "Speed by Temp"?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    I have just doctored my phone. Have only Preware, uberkernal and govnah on the pre, along with some paid apps that automatically install when doctoring.....

OnDemand setting locks up the phone completely and can not do a thing until pulling the battery.

Phone doesn't run as well as when I had the old 800 patch on there. Also, the damn thing goes back to 500 without me wanting it to. Seems to run warmer than with just the patch on it....
    Yay. Someone else with the exact same situation as me.

I'm a few days away from doctoring my phone anyway... I tried switching themes and am now stuck in the middle with half of each theme installed.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I've just reloaded the UberKernel and Govnah. Every time I try to use Govnah my Pre gets extremely laggy. This last try, it locked up completely and I had to pull the battery. Any suggestions?
    What exactly do you mean by every time you use Govnah? Are you leaving it open? If so do you have the most recent version? If not what settings and governor are you using? It may be that a different governor or settings would be better suited for you.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    What exactly do you mean by every time you use Govnah? Are you leaving it open? If so do you have the most recent version? If not what settings and governor are you using? It may be that a different governor or settings would be better suited for you.
    I'm running the newest version of Govnah and I'm not leaving it open. I'm currently using the Conservative setting with a min of 500 and a max of 720. I may have not given my Pre enough time after it's initial reboot before I tried to pick settings in Govnah. It seems to have balanced out and is running okay now. Just a little sluggish sometimes and I think that had to do with my min being set to 250.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I'm running the newest version of Govnah and I'm not leaving it open. I'm currently using the Conservative setting with a min of 500 and a max of 720. I may have not given my Pre enough time after it's initial reboot before I tried to pick settings in Govnah. It seems to have balanced out and is running okay now. Just a little sluggish sometimes and I think that had to do with my min being set to 250.
    My guess would be that it was staying at 250 longer than desired and is why there was some sluggishness. I still haven't found a configuration I'm happy with for scaling so I have been running at performance 800 (probably no different than userspace 800).
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    250 doesn't work, even if it's set to 250 you're running at 500.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    What governor are you using and are you using the min freq as 250 or set speed as 250?
    I just set my userspace to 250 and checked it with terminal and it came back as 249mhz.
    Are you remembering to apply settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    I have noticed after I swipe govnah up away, and press launcher - there will be temperature in govnah icon, but then disappears few seconds later.. Is there any way I could change that, and keep temperature on the icon permanently?
    anyone?
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    anyone?
    We were hoping you might find this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2421252
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I just installed UK and Govnah. I may be using Govnah incorrectly, but first I set up an "800 MHz" profile that uses the userspace governor and settings of 500 min/800 max/800 set. That worked fine. Then I set up a Mobile Hotspot profile using powersave / 125 / 125. That dropped the CPU speed as expected ... but then it wouldn't ramp up again, whether I selected the "800 MHz" profile or the Palm Default one.

And now the phone is not responding to input or powering down. I'll pull the battery (which I don't much like when the screen is on) and reboot. But is there anything in particular I should try?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I just installed UK and Govnah. I may be using Govnah incorrectly, but first I set up an "800 MHz" profile that uses the userspace governor and settings of 500 min/800 max/800 set. That worked fine. Then I set up a Mobile Hotspot profile using powersave / 125 / 125. That dropped the CPU speed as expected ... but then it wouldn't ramp up again, whether I selected the "800 MHz" profile or the Palm Default one.

And now the phone is not responding to input or powering down. I'll pull the battery (which I don't much like when the screen is on) and reboot. But is there anything in particular I should try?

Thanks!
    As of right now, the Kernel isn't happy going below 500 (unless something has changed that I have forgotten about) on many people's Pre's. A lot of folks have encountered the same lock-up you did dropping below 500. Maybe someone else here has a good work-around for you, though.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    AT&T Palm Pre Plus overclocking (UberKernel & Govnah) is now available in Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I just got a new refurb pre and re-installed both, but the 800 mhz and 720 mhz options aren't showing up! can anyone help? It worked great before.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Have you done a full restart yet?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Have you done a full restart yet?
    Yeah, but I just uninstalled and reinstalled both and it worked...

Thanks anyway!
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    In Govnah, my frequency never goes below 500MHZ even if I manually set it to 250MHZ in userstate. Is this normal? Or should it show below 500MHZ? It's an AT&T Pre Plus and everything seems to be working fine besides this.
    Quote Originally Posted by djdalaney View Post
    In Govnah, my frequency never goes below 500MHZ even if I manually set it to 250MHZ in userstate. Is this normal? Or should it show below 500MHZ? It's an AT&T Pre Plus and everything seems to be working fine besides this.
    As of right now, the Kernel isn't happy going below 500 (unless something has changed that I have forgotten about) on many people's Pre's.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    As of right now, the Kernel isn't happy going below 500 (unless something has changed that I have forgotten about) on many people's Pre's.
    I see. Thanks for the quick answer, I didn't want to dig through every page to see if that was the case.
    How do I, or is there a way to see the max and min temps my CPU has been running at? Also, I would assume that I would need to leave Govnah running for a while to get these.