1.    #1  
    I installed the Webos Internals Uber-Kernel several days ago. Everything was working fine. Tried running Emergency File Verification and got the following:

Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /var/lib/software/tmp/flashing-progress.tga
    File: /boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    File: /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    File: /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    File: /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko

I uninstalled the Uber-Kernel, but get the same result. What can be causing this? Should I be concerned?
  2.    #2  
    Further information:

I had previously installed and uninstalled caj2008 800 mhz kernel successfully. Now, Uber-kernel will not install due to not pristine. Am I going to have to Dr?
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Further information:

I had previously installed and uninstalled caj2008 800 mhz kernel successfully. Now, Uber-kernel will not install due to not pristine. Am I going to have to Dr?
    You should install the webos internals stock kernel from Preware. It should restore all those files.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by linwiz311 View Post
    You should install the webos internals stock kernel from Preware. It should restore all those files.
    Thank you. That would have been easier, but didn't realize it was there. I restored the files manually from extracted webos dr. I am back to pristine as determined by EFV. I am curious as to what I did wrong. As best as I can recall, this is what I did.

1. Installed 800mhz kernel from caj2008. This ran fine.
    2 Uninstalled 800 mhz kernel.
    3. Installed Uber-kernel.
    4. Installed CPUScalerUber and service.
    5. Installed govnah.
    6. Ran at various speeds with scaling and not.
    7. Deinstalled CPUScalerUber and service and Uber-kernel.
    8. Tried running govnah and it made my device act screwy.
    9. Uninstalled govnah
    10. EFV gave results above.

I think that is the sequence. Now that I know about the stock kernel, I may play around some more. Could CPUScalerUber have caused this?
  5.    #5  
    Through some trial end error testing, I have narrowed it down. Read in the Uber-kernel thread for orange+tap to work kernel must be installed with Preware Alpha. Installed that and then Uber-kernel. Orange+tap got same EFV results. Haven't tried uninstalling with Preware yet.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Through some trial end error testing, I have narrowed it down. Read in the Uber-kernel thread for orange+tap to work kernel must be installed with Preware Alpha. Installed that and then Uber-kernel. Orange+tap got same EFV results. Haven't tried uninstalling with Preware yet.
    Uninstalling within Preware Alpha worked.
    Orange+Tap requires the Uber-Kernel was installed using Preware Alpha or WOSQI 3.1 or palm-install. Once Preware Alpha becomes Preware 1.0, that will work too.

At the moment, the guaranteed way to remove Uber-Kernel is to uninstall it with Preware (or Preware Alpha) or WOSQI. Orange+Tap support for removing advanced homebrew packages is a recent addition, and at the moment is only in Preware Alpha, not in Preware Classic.

At any time, installing the Palm Kernel will restore all the files that Uber-Kernel modifies to a factory pristine condition.

BTW, please report issues with Uber-Kernel in the existing Uber-Kernel alpha testing thread, rather than creating a new thread. I only saw this thread by chance because someone else pointed it out.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals