Page 99 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #1961  
    This patch is truly amazing! My Pre is so much faster with an overclocked processor. Plus that stupid Too Many Card error is reduced with this patch. I loaded 3 Gameloft games at the same time and didn't get a card error. I'm running at 1GHz and my phone is barely even warm. And the games are loading mega fast. Thanks Rod for offering us this patch! It's like I own a new phone! I don't know why I didn't try this patch sooner.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 02/19/2011 at 11:53 PM.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  2. #1962  
    Will there be a UberKernel for Pre-/+ webOS 2.1? Or do you have to wait for some open source packages?
  3.    #1963  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Will there be a UberKernel for Pre-/+ webOS 2.1? Or do you have to wait for some open source packages?
    Yes and yes.

    -- Rod
  4. #1964  
    hello buddies... i have a Pre with Telcel GSM , and i need a kernel to overclock my pre, but i already have a webOS 2.0.1, that compiled @miltonmiguel , he already compile a version 1.4.5 to all people who have a pre with telcel..


    what kernel can i install to upgrade my pre, to overclock my pre to 800 mhz, im on 600mhz
  5.    #1965  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbermudez View Post
    hello buddies... i have a Pre with Telcel GSM , and i need a kernel to overclock my pre, but i already have a webOS 2.0.1, that compiled @miltonmiguel , he already compile a version 1.4.5 to all people who have a pre with telcel..


    what kernel can i install to upgrade my pre, to overclock my pre to 800 mhz, im on 600mhz
    He did so illegally. You should not use the output.

    Use WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals instead to get webOS 2.1.0

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #1966  
    I have doctored twice, and installed the Pre Kernel twice, but I still cannot get uber kernel to install on my webos1.4.5 sprint pre. Now preware is giving repeated crc-errors. I just installed Preware by webosquickinstall 4.03 last night, after the second doctor.

    If I disable all feeds except webos-kernels, I can select install for uber-kernel. Now I get the IPKG Log:

    Postinst -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifcations to target files...
    find: lib/modules: No such file or directory
    grep: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre/additional_files/md5sums: No such file or directory
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement

    Thanks for any suggestions.

    -Update - when I go back to the Palm Kernel in Preware, I have the option to install, but not to remove. Does this mean that it was not installed? If so what would be preventing its installation? Preware tells me that my phone needs a restart after installing the Palm Kernel and now --- I am bricked again.
    Last edited by mdwy62; 02/24/2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: More Info
  7. #1967  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    "Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement"

    I am bricked again.
    Install the Palm Kernel. Reboot like it tells you to and when it tells you to. Then try installing UberKernel.


    M.

    P.S.
    I wish the term "bricked" would get bricked.
  8. #1968  
    This is what I did. When it says I need to "reboot" it presents an OK button. I selected that and then I got the spinning globe or whatever it is. Doesn't this indicate a reboot? Then I got www.palm.com/ROM with the triangle and the exclamation point. I am happy to call that something else - the ROM Triangle?
  9. #1969  
    Doesn't doctoring replace the kernel with the stock pre kernel? Now that I am back from the doctor and busily signing into all my accounts again, what should be the next step? Developer mode, reinstall the pre kernel using WOSQI? Or should I try installing (again) the uber-kernel using WOSQI? Thanks.
  10. #1970  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    Doesn't doctoring replace the kernel with the stock pre kernel? Now that I am back from the doctor and busily signing into all my accounts again, what should be the next step? Developer mode, reinstall the pre kernel using WOSQI? Or should I try installing (again) the uber-kernel using WOSQI? Thanks.

    Since you've already Doctored, which is what I was going to suggest since something was REALLY wrong with it, you should have no problem using Preware to install UberKernel.

    I have exactly zero experience installing these kernels with WOSQI, so I wouldn't really be able to help further much at all, should you go that route.


    M.
  11. #1971  
    I finished signing into my accounts after the doctor and the phone went to reboot. Now it is completely black. Have it plugged into a wall charger to see if it can be revived. Power switch seems to have no effect.
  12.    #1972  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    I finished signing into my accounts after the doctor and the phone went to reboot. Now it is completely black. Have it plugged into a wall charger to see if it can be revived. Power switch seems to have no effect.
    Follow the instructions at How To Recover - WebOS Internals to recover your phone.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13.    #1973  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Since you've already Doctored, which is what I was going to suggest since something was REALLY wrong with it, you should have no problem using Preware to install UberKernel.

    I have exactly zero experience installing these kernels with WOSQI, so I wouldn't really be able to help further much at all, should you go that route.
    Yeah, I always wonders why, when the official instructions say to use Preware to install kernels, people decide to use other tools.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. #1974  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, I always wonders why, when the official instructions say to use Preware to install kernels, people decide to use other tools.

    -- Rod

    Personally, I think too may people drink Microsoft's Kool-Aid and believe their FUD about Open Source being bad and evil and all that and that closed/proprietary software is, somehow, better.

    Just my personal opinion, of course (after living in the F/OSS world for over a decade and with near 15 years of MS Network Admin work experience...).


    M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 02/24/2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: typos
  15. #1975  
    Awesome - uberkernel is running. I think that my previous attempts may have omitted step 7 below - switching developer mode off - before installing the kernel. Could that cause problems?

    Successful uberkernel install

    1) doctored Pre
    2) reactivated profile and most accounts (gmail, etc.)
    3) battery died (probably adding apps back), phone was sitting for about 2 hours before I got back to it. plugged it in to wall charger
    4) after about 15 minutes, took out battery and put back in. got palm screen.
    5) upon recovery, switched to developer mode, rebooted Pre
    6) used WOSQI 4.04 to install Preware
    7) turned off developer mode, rebooted Pre
    8) started up preware
    9) installed uberkernel
    10) rebooted
    11) started up preware
    12 installed govnah
    ... and we are in business!!!

    Xanadu73 - thanks for your suggestions.
  16.    #1976  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    Awesome - uberkernel is running. I think that my previous attempts may have omitted step 7 below - switching developer mode off - before installing the kernel. Could that cause problems?
    No, that has no effect on kernel operation.

    The more likely reason why it worked is cause you used the recommended tool (Preware) to install the kernel.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #1977  
    The first 2 times I received the ROM Triangle after trying to install uberkernel was through Preware. It was based on that experience (and the frequent crc errors I have received) that I thought WOSQI might be the way to go. Should I need to reinstall, I appreciate the feedback to stick with Preware.

    By the way, so far I do not have the crc errors after this reinstall. Should they come up again, is it best to reinstall Preware?

    Thanks.
  18.    #1978  
    What CRC errors are you referring to?

    The file verification errors you posted in your previous post are because you did not remove previous kernel modifications before installing a new kernel.

    What written wiki instructions are you following for all this?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #1979  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    3) battery died (probably adding apps back), phone was sitting for about 2 hours before I got back to it. plugged it in to wall charger

    Xanadu73 - thanks for your suggestions.

    Two hours?!? How did you live without your Pre for two hours? I get anxious and start going crazy during a 2 minute reboot...

    Anyway, I'm glad to hear everything's working out well for you now!


    M.
  20. #1980  
    The CRC errors occurred when Preware started up and downloaded/updated feeds. Others have reported this as well. Right now I am not having this problem, but in my original post, I turned off all sources except the kernel source. It was a recurring problem, affecting Preware about 50 percent of the time I opened up the app.

    "Now preware is giving repeated crc-errors. I just installed Preware by webosquickinstall 4.03 last night, after the second doctor. If I disable all feeds except webos-kernels, I can select install for uber-kernel."

    I haven't found a good solution to (or discussion of) this problem with crc-errors reported as feeds are downloaded in Preware. When it happens the resulting package lists are all distorted and many packages - like UberKernel can't be found.

    Since I am not having this problem right now, I can't be more specific. If you know of a thread that deals with that issue, I'd like it as a reference.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions