Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Bricked device... recovered.

I updated today my Pre-Plus running webos-1.4.5 to latest UberKernel + Govnah from Preware feeds. Shortly after (a few tens of minutes playing Reversi), the device screen has become garbled & the phone unusable.

I have gone through the WebOS doctor procedure (a couple of time before it actually worked) & now my device is back in service.

I do not know whether the update is the cause of my issues, but just in case I wanted to give a quick head-up here, & provide information (logs, procedure, ...tec) so that as few people as possible get into that same situation.

My profile was a personal one: screenstate 1GHz (agressive, I know) - 125 MHz. Compcache enabled, anticipatory scheduler (instead of CFQ). Non standard at all, as you can see. However, I have been using it[1] for 2 months before today's crash.

[1] ~2 days of battery life. 1 GHz speed gave me a really "snappy" device (much faster/nicer than my Nexus One BTW).
    Quote Originally Posted by fix.kowalski View Post
    My profile was a personal one: screenstate 1GHz (agressive, I know) - 125 MHz. Compcache enabled, anticipatory scheduler (instead of CFQ).

THAT's your problem. Don't go below 500MHz and you'll be fine.

M.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    i just installed uberkernal and now everytime i lock my phone it doesnt allow me to unlock it and the whole screen just freezes up... anyone have this problem before?
  4.    #1844  
    Quote Originally Posted by KestoD View Post
    i just installed uberkernal and now everytime i lock my phone it doesnt allow me to unlock it and the whole screen just freezes up... anyone have this problem before?
    Don't use frequencies less than 500MHz.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Don't use frequencies less than 500MHz.

-- Rod
    that did the trick thank you!!! i used to be able to go at 800mhz with a 250mhz screenstate b4 i replaced my phone... but im just happy that it can still be oc
    Hello,

I have looked around to try to find an answer to my problem, but all I can find is the instructions on how it is supposed to be done and I am pretty sure that I have followed all the instructions.

1) Installed Webos Quick Install
    2) Installed Preware 1.3.8
    3) Searched for Uber - but it isn't on my Pre. Everywhere I have read says it comes with Preware, so I am lost as to what to do
    4) I have installed Govnah from the Webos Install, but of course it doesn't work without Uber-Kernel being installed.

I'm really hoping there is some simple step I have missed and could really use some help to trouble shoot this issue.

Thanks
    ^ sounds like you didn't update your Preware feeds. Start preware and update feeds (drop down app menu).
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Thanks for the quick response. I knew I left out some details about what I have done. I'm pretty sure I have done what you suggested. Let me know if I am missing something:
    1) I go to preferences, I click feeds and i have selected all feeds but palm catalog. I've even tried it choosing palm catalog.
    2) I have it set so that it updates the feeds as the application loads, and i have tried to update them using the menu item you mentioned.

I have noticed that whenever the feeds update, there is a very long error message that shows up and I have to click "OK" before i get to the list. It looks like a large list of URLs. Sprinkled between the urls are the words "Inflating", "Downloading". The very last part of it says "Invalid gzip magic"

not sure what to do. . . Help!!
    OK - Sorry for the posts. I was using Wifi where i work and it appears that maybe it wasn't allowing some of the catalog sites. Once I switched to the normal data download, things seem to be fine.
  10.    #1850  
    UberKernel/Pixi 1.4.5-122 with 768MHz overclocking is now available IN THE KERNEL TESTING FEED. It is finally compliant with http://bit.ly/next-gen-kernels

Read Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals before installing it by following the instructions at the end of that page. Make sure you read the page completely 3 times before doing anything to your device.

Do not install it directly from an ipkg file. Use Preware to install it from the kernel testing feed only. All other installation methods are strictly not supported.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  11.    #1851  
    UberKernel/Pre 1.4.5-123 has no user-visible changes from UberKernel/Pre 1.4.5-121 (both in the kernel testing feed).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel/Pre 1.4.5-123 has no user-visible changes from UberKernel/Pre 1.4.5-121 (both in the kernel testing feed).

-- Rod

Flawless. Just thought I'd let you know there were no hiccups.

M.
    I have just installed the new uber kernels on my sprint pixi device. Running stable at 768 mhz. Compressed swap is not enabled. running at about 45 C
    Can I ask some of u who are running the pixi at 768mhz what your exact advanced settings are? Like Min and Max freq, compressed swap etc..?
  15.    #1855  
    Quote Originally Posted by InSaNeO14 View Post
    Can I ask some of u who are running the pixi at 768mhz what your exact advanced settings are? Like Min and Max freq, compressed swap etc..?
    Perhaps you should use the Help -> Generate Email option and attach that to the posts.

-- Rod
    when i use preware to try to install uber kernel it says its going to take almost 45 minutes to download and i have full 3g signal on a feshly doctored pre. Then the phone reset it self, is there anywhere to just download it on my pc then use wosqi??? this would be much more convenient.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Hey, this is probably out of topic... but if you use uberkernel with my tether, you get great connection speeds. Double that of just my tether alone.
    I, as well as other developers over at xda, have decided to take up the challenge of creating a new kernel for the Htc Hero to enable it to be able to run WebOS, i know this an amazing feet, but we need your amazing brain knowledge over here at PreCentral, if anyone is willing to put some of their knowledge and be apart of this great feet, please feel free to email me, Yesman538@gmail.com or look over at xda and comment on the threat, PalmOS development under the Htc Hero Android Development.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabby538 View Post
    I, as well as other developers over at xda, have decided to take up the challenge of creating a new kernel for the Htc Hero to enable it to be able to run WebOS, i know this an amazing feet, but we need your amazing brain knowledge over here at PreCentral, if anyone is willing to put some of their knowledge and be apart of this great feet, please feel free to email me, Yesman538@gmail.com or look over at xda and comment on the threat, PalmOS development under the Htc Hero Android Development.
    I kinda already attempted that... but to convert the drivers of the Hero's hardware into webOS kernel or vice versa was daunting... among having to embed the virtual keyboard as well.
    Live free or DIE!
    2 questions...

what will be the next public release of uber? version number?

will uber be ready for webos 2.0 when it launches?