Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Good points.

So out of curiosity, if you don't use Govnah selection 'screenstate', which do you currently use?
    performance, 1ghz compcahe 16mb, 1ghz voltage 1462.5, low battery 0% 1ghz, override charger: true. i do manual email and facebook, but have it set to check every 12 hours, in case i forget to check them. i've done the logging mods. i keep wifi on at home and gps off. i also keep my screen "darkish" unless i'm in the sun. my battery lost only 20% overnight last night (9hours) i'll take a little over 2% per hour over having to charge overnight....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    I've seen far less battery loss overnight with 'screenstate' setting. At the moment, I am giving the 'performance' setting a go. So I'll see how the battery is effected overnight tonight.

I noticed also that when I plugged my phone in to charge in the 'performance' setting, it didn't idle to 500mhz, so I didn't see the need to override the charger.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  3.    #1823  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I've seen far less battery loss overnight with 'screenstate' setting. At the moment, I am giving the 'performance' setting a go. So I'll see how the battery is effected overnight tonight.

I noticed also that when I plugged my phone in to charge in the 'performance' setting, it didn't idle to 500mhz, so I didn't see the need to override the charger.
    The clamping to 500MHz when charging only occurs when the screenstate governor is active.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anand_74 View Post
    IonZephyr - I am like you - long time lurker but new to overclocking. But no h/w issues so far.
    just an update, that new pre arrived to me around 3 weeks ago and ive overclocked it to the same setting (500/1ghz screenstate) with no problems whatsoever on this pre. i am one happy owner now.

im not so sure why that previous pre crapped out on me. that ish was so random but im happy i have not experienced any problems at all.
    Tried to update directly to -119 which failed. Had to downgrade to the standard kernel first then the upgrade to -119 went fine.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    update to -119 went smoothly as expected. No issues so far. Thank you again webOS Internals!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Love the update you guys and gals. Smooth update as usual. Never had a problem with any kernel I have either installed, removed, or updated.
    Another donation headed your way webos-internals
    Keep up the great work.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I have an interest in trying this kernel but no matter what I've tried, i keep getting this error:

Code:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    98 3441k 98 3406k 0 0 480k 0 0:00:07 0:00:07 --:--:-- 568k
    100 3441k 100 3441k 0 0 484k 0 0:00:07 0:00:07 --:--:-- 568k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Creating backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying ability to write to target directories ...
    Verifying ability to write to target files ...
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Fatal error occurred, restoring original files
    Original files restored, we have normality, I repeat we have normality
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    any help? it doesn't say its installed after this so it's not installing at all.

i have 6.9 GB free as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by re11ding View Post
    I have an interest in trying this kernel but no matter what I've tried, i keep getting this error:

i have 6.9 GB free as well.
    Um, you have no space free.

Code:
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    Live free or DIE!
    but it says in the device info that i have 6.9 GB free. how could i have filled 8 GB anyway?
    but it says in the device info that i have 6.9 GB free. how could i have filled 8 GB anyway?
    The OS partition is not part of the 6.9GB free.

Not sure how you did it, but you'll have to clean up via command line or Doctor.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    The OS partition is not part of the 6.9GB free.

Not sure how you did it, but you'll have to clean up via command line or Doctor.
    dang. What does Doctor remove? Does it remove contacts do you know?
    dang. What does Doctor remove? Does it remove contacts do you know?
    It erases your device and makes it factory install. Your contacts should be stored in your Palm profile or Google profile. Make sure you move local contacts to Palm or Google 1st.
    Live free or DIE!
    It erases your device and makes it factory install. Your contacts should be stored in your Palm profile or Google profile. Make sure you move local contacts to Palm or Google 1st.
    K. Should i use and follow the directions on this link? (i wanna be as sure as possible that i won't screw anything up)
    K. Should i use and follow the directions on this link? (i wanna be as sure as possible that i won't screw anything up)
    What link?
    Live free or DIE!
    What link?
    Oops! XD sorry. i forgot to post it lol. this link: http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm
    Oops! XD sorry. i forgot to post it lol. this link: http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm
    That will work, you can get the Doctor from there.

Make sure you backup any files and contacts you have on the device. It will erase everything.
    Live free or DIE!
    That will work, you can get the Doctor from there.

Make sure you backup any files and contacts you have on the device. It will erase everything.
    how do i backup my apps? is there a way or no?
    I thank you unixpsycho! i used the doctor and was able to install the kernel! thanks again for your assistance!
    I thank you unixpsycho! i used the doctor and was able to install the kernel! thanks again for your assistance!
    Glad you got it to work.

welcome to the world of OC
    Pre|central Peacekeepers