Page 90 of 145 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    It seems as though my VDD1 VSEL override perameters were reset back to default after a Preset Reset.

I'm going to adjust them back to how I had them, and run a Preset Reset again. See if they stick this time around.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I am confused. They are simply not sticking.

Are these numbers too low?

60 57 56 51 39 27 21

They wont stick after I click Apply Settings
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

3.    #1783  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I am confused. They are simply not sticking.

Are these numbers too low?

60 57 56 51 39 27 21

They wont stick after I click Apply Settings
    Did you put them in a profile, and then select the profile?

It is intentional that settings that are not saved in a profile are reverted on the next boot - that allows you to safely try things out, and then only put them in a profile when you know they work reliably.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you put them in a profile, and then select the profile?

It is intentional that settings that are not saved in a profile are reverted on the next boot - that allows you to safely try things out, and then only put them in a profile when you know they work reliably.

-- Rod
    Thank you for that reply Rod.

Yes, i put them in a profile I had already saved. Edited the numbers, and upon hitting Apply Settings, I went back to check that they were stickied, but they were reset back to default.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I just discovered that if I attempted to edit more than just one vdd1 VSEL at a time, after clicking Apply Settings, the numbers would all reset.

So I attempted to edit one at a time and see what would happen, without editing them all, only to lose them upon clicking Apply Settings.
    I'm happy to report back that upon clicking Apply Settings after editing each VDD1 VSEL at a time, the numbers stuck. I did it for each one and now I have my settings saved for a whole new profile.
    The lowest setting for 125mhz does not go below 25.
    So my VDD1 VSEL settings are as follows.

60 57 56 51 39 27 25

* This was all done on an existing profile that I customized *
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

After device restart, my VDD1 VSEL parameters were still stickied to my custom profile.

*the remedy was to edit each voltage parameter one by one*

Fix perhaps in the future, so that all may be edited in one step?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hello, new user here. actually long time lurker, new time poster

anyways i wanted to see if anyone has encountered any hardware issues after overclocking their pre??

Ive had a pre since probably march and it has ran smooth up until now. I just barely found out about overclocking with govnah almost 2 weeks ago.

I love the speed after overclocking to 1ghz but i have encountered a problem ever since i started using govnah... at random times, my screen/display garbles (messes up) for a split second. this happens very often and alot when bring up the app launcher, going into card view, closing and moving cards and other random moments. Sorry for the crappy explanation, it would be much easier to catch this on video or something.

Besides these random spurts, the Pre has ran perfect.

I'm not quite sure what has caused this problem but I have already filed for a replacement with Asurion and am expecting a replacement Pre to come in the mail tomorrow.

My main point/question is: I want to know if anyone else has experienced this problem or something similar due to overclocking??

I want to overclock this new Pre but i want some input on this first just to be safe. Thank you precentral. i love these forums as it has provided me with ALOT of information and apps for my phone.
    ^^^^

Have you ever dropped your Pre?

I have never heard of anyone experiencing the screen issues that you speak of with overclocking.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

After device restart, my VDD1 VSEL parameters were still stickied to my custom profile.

*the remedy was to edit each voltage parameter one by one*

Fix perhaps in the future, so that all may be edited in one step?
    I edit them in one step frequently. In fact, I type them out in a memo, copy / paste into Govnah, apply, then save as my new profile. Never had an issue.

I will try to recreate your problem and let you know.
    I cannot recreate the issue. I have changed multiple voltages for multiple frequencies, applied them, not saved as a new profile, exited govnah...surfed, sent an email...reopened govnah and the voltages stick. When I select one of my preset profiles, the voltages go back to those saved settings too.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ^^^^

Have you ever dropped your Pre?

I have never heard of anyone experiencing the screen issues that you speak of with overclocking.
    I have dropped it on occasion. maybe that could be it. the phone runs perfectly fine besides the split second garbage that appears on the screen.

anyways my new pre arrived a lil while ago so im letting it charge before i use it. I am going to take more care of this one for sure, lol. im also going to look into overclocking again as that probably wasnt the cause for my display problem. thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I cannot recreate the issue. I have changed multiple voltages for multiple frequencies, applied them, not saved as a new profile, exited govnah...surfed, sent an email...reopened govnah and the voltages stick. When I select one of my preset profiles, the voltages go back to those saved settings too.
    Don't know what it could be that caused that with me. I am going to toy sound a bit,with the parameters again. I just selected the default screenstate 500/1000,went into advanced configuration and came to find that the VDD1 VSEL settings were the same as the ones that I had edited for a custom profile. I find that weird because I never once tampered with any settings in the default screenstate 500/1000 profile.

Saving parameter settings in the memo app for storage, and easy copy paste function is a good idea. Why didn't I think of that?

I'm going to start doing that. Thanks for the tip. Thanks tab clicked
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

13.    #1793  
    Don't know what it could be that caused that with me. I am going to toy sound a bit,with the parameters again. I just selected the default screenstate 500/1000,went into advanced configuration and came to find that the VDD1 VSEL settings were the same as the ones that I had edited for a custom profile. I find that weird because I never once tampered with any settings in the default screenstate 500/1000 profile.

Saving parameter settings in the memo app for storage, and easy copy paste function is a good idea. Why didn't I think of that?

I'm going to start doing that. Thanks for the tip. Thanks tab clicked
    The default profiles don't have any custom voltage settings, so they don't change anything you have set. You would need to reboot for the default settings to be restored.

Change the preference to show all info about profiles and you will see exactly which settings each profile changes.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The default profiles don't have any custom voltage settings, so they don't change anything you have set. You would need to reboot for the default settings to be restored.

Change the preference to show all info about profiles and you will see exactly which settings each profile changes.

-- Rod
    Funny because, I just opened up all the default profiles, screenstate profiles, and fixed speed profiles, and they all have voltage settings to edit.

I also did a reboot this morning, and the voltage settings did not revert back to default from the screenstate 500/1000 profile. It is still set as the voltage settings, same as my custom profile.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

15.    #1795  
    Funny because, I just opened up all the default profiles, screenstate profiles, and fixed speed profiles, and they all have voltage settings to edit.

I also did a reboot this morning, and the voltage settings did not revert back to default from the screenstate 500/1000 profile. It is still set as the voltage settings, same as my custom profile.
    When you open the advanced settings screen, you are not editing a default profile, you are editing all available settings, all of which are available irrespective of what contents your profiles have.

Instead of arguing with the author of the code about how the code works, choose the preference setting which shows all profile data and look at that.

-- Rod
    I think we had a little misunderstanding. No arguing here Rod , I'm just reportng back what I see in my advanced settings. I just applied the 'All Data'. I see what you mean. But I'm referring to the VDD1 VSEL settings. No big deal, snce I can always edit them. I was just merely curious. I'm learning here, no arguing, no bashing.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Hey everybody,
    I got a new problem with my Pre, occuring since the UberKernel 1.4.5-112 on my German O2 Pre.
    Last night, I did a complete restart and set the alarm clock afterwards.
    When I woke up this morning, the pre was shut down.
    These shutdowns were happening many times in the past.

I have the Pre running at Screenstate 720 / 500 with CC 48MB and Low Clock of 500 MHz, no Voltage/...-Settings changed.

Is there anything known about that problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by majesty9917 View Post
    Hi, just wondering what exactly the xbox 360 usb compatability patch does. I would greatly appreciate an info. I thought it meant that my 360 would FINALLY recognize my pre...but that is unfortunately not the case. Thanks in advance.
    This is exactly what the patch does. Put the Pre in mass storage mode and the xbox 360 can now see it. I have been using my Pre to save games and share video with my 360 and it works flawlessly.

*EDIT* Let's take this discussion to the USB Mass Storage topic. For whatever reason, the redirector prevents me from linking to the topic. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...s-storage.html

Let me know what you are attempting to do on the 360 (music, photos, video, memory card, etc) along with which Uberkernel release you are running.
    Last edited by Error 454; 09/24/2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: suggestion to move discussion to new topic
    Xanadu -- just help from here at precentral. next plan is to get my pre to tether ... the best help I have is from a post on dslreports.com site.
    IonZephyr - I am like you - long time lurker but new to overclocking. But no h/w issues so far.