Page 89 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    [url= Git - kernels/patches.git/blob - usb/f_mass_storage.patch[/url]

-- Rod
    Thx for the response Rod. According to the info in the link you posted it would appear I was correct about the purpose of the patch. My 360 still won't recognize my pre. Perhaps I am missing part of the implementation process. Also, would this patch also help with the ps3?
    I can confirm the UberKernal was the culprit. He has the exact same patches and programs installed as when I had it and it never over heated until the update of the kernal. As soon as I took it off all the issues stopped. Threw it back on and 2 hours later had to pull it due to massive battery drain and over heating...

I'll try it again after the next update, but for now, no UberKernal.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Some things most commonly causing heat up of a device and rapidly drain the battery are: constant CPU activity, battery charging, carrier radio use (data or talk time), and signal quality can effect carrier radio heat as well. From what I have gathered over time is that sometimes something will get stuck so to speak and cause one or both the CPU and radio to remain in use. For example a failed attempt to retrieve something over data can result in continual reattempts until such time as a reboot occurs to snap it out of the loop. Think of this like a infinite loop logic bug. So even in airplane mode the infinite loop can persist. Anything that causes and infinite loop like this will eat the battery up because all sorts of hardware can be in use that otherwise would be sleeping or even off. If it continues to happen and isn't just a fluke once in awhile then a process of elimination is needed to identify the source cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I can confirm the UberKernal was the culprit. He has the exact same patches and programs installed as when I had it and it never over heated until the update of the kernal. As soon as I took it off all the issues stopped. Threw it back on and 2 hours later had to pull it due to massive battery drain and over heating...

I'll try it again after the next update, but for now, no UberKernal.
    ok...

What version are you running? There are numerous versions available and I dont want to assume when anyone says "latest".
    Live free or DIE!
    By the way, I've never used IRC before, so how do I get onto the Warthog channel so I can ask some questions about it?
    Hi:

Does any of this kernel stuff work on a Pixi? Why can't I find any information on it in the forums?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by This2ShallPass View Post
    Hi:

Does any of this kernel stuff work on a Pixi? Why can't I find any information on it in the forums?

Thanks!
    Yes. It does work for Pixi's as well. The kernal is called Uberkernal, which you would find in preware under kernels.

cheers.~
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    ok...

What version are you running? There are numerous versions available and i dont want to assume when anyone says "latest".
    1.4.5-92
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Hi I just installed the 1Ghz UberKernal on my Palm Pre (sprint) and also installed Govanah.. but when I go to put screen state 500/1000 on the Govanah main screen profile still says Palm Default and the temp reads N/A.. Is there something that im doing wrong b/c when I had the 800Mhz UberKernal I had no issues whats so ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    Hi I just installed the 1Ghz UberKernal on my Palm Pre (sprint) and also installed Govanah.. but when I go to put screen state 500/1000 on the Govanah main screen profile still says Palm Default and the temp reads N/A.. Is there something that im doing wrong b/c when I had the 800Mhz UberKernal I had no issues whats so ever?
    You need to reboot your device after installing a new kernel; otherwise you're still running the old kernel.

Have you already rebooted your Pre? Note that a luna restart is not the same as a system reboot...

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    1.4.5-92
    Hmm. Not much changed except the temp limiter. So it shouldnt overheat.

I would try a battery pull and try again. If it still happens then I cant explain it as that's the 1st time I heard of overheating with a temp limiter in place.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    You need to reboot your device after installing a new kernel; otherwise you're still running the old kernel.

Have you already rebooted your Pre? Note that a luna restart is not the same as a system reboot...

Hope that helps
    thanx alot Quini... It was exactly that.. Didnt know that luna restart was not the same as system reboot.. But makes sense.. thanx again..
    Yippee I did it finally! After several weeks of pouring through this great thread, decided to finally install uberkernel/govnah. Was waiting for 1.4.5 actually. Now I have a custom screenstate of 250/1G. Pre is running like a charm and I even got a few patches installed. I am trying to get my friend who still has a stock Pre from last June to do the same!
    Quote Originally Posted by anand_74 View Post
    Yippee I did it finally! After several weeks of pouring through this great thread, decided to finally install uberkernel/govnah. Was waiting for 1.4.5 actually. Now I have a custom screenstate of 250/1G. Pre is running like a charm and I even got a few patches installed. I am trying to get my friend who still has a stock Pre from last June to do the same!

Out of curiosity, did you only use help from here in the forums, or did you also hit install.preware.org and the other wiki pages as well?

Just wondering how the instructions are holding up.

M.
    I just upgraded from a Sprint Palm Pre to a Verizon Palm Pre Plus for free today. Is it me or does running at 1GHz seem faster on a Palm Pre Plus? I thought my Sprint Pre was great, but my Palm Pre Plus is *fantastic*!
  15.    #1775  
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    I just upgraded from a Sprint Palm Pre to a Verizon Palm Pre Plus for free today. Is it me or does running at 1GHz seem faster on a Palm Pre Plus? I thought my Sprint Pre was great, but my Palm Pre Plus is *fantastic*!
    What you are experiencing is the increased available RAM, meaning that the processor does not need to swap data to slow flash memory.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm hoping the uber geniuses here could answer one of the questions posed in the following thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-1-minute.html

Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    - Screenstate won't work if your brightness is less than 10%.....
    I want to say that I've seen many times in the threads that the screenstate gov doesn't register or change speeds when the brightness is < 5%.

Is there a certain brightness level that doesn't allow the screenstate gov to switch speeds?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I'm hoping the uber geniuses here could answer one of the questions posed in the following thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-1-minute.html

I want to say that I've seen many times in the threads that the screenstate gov doesn't register or change speeds when the brightness is < 5%.

Is there a certain brightness level that doesn't allow the screenstate gov to switch speeds?
    That isn't true anymore. Brightness levels wont effect screenstate in all current kernel builds.
    Live free or DIE!
    That isn't true anymore. Brightness levels wont effect screenstate in all current kernel builds.

I *JUST* posted that, not two minutes ago, in another thread:

git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/commitdiff

July 5th you made the commit, to be exact.

M.
    Awesome! Thank you!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I *JUST* posted that, not two minutes ago, in another thread:

git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/commitdiff

July 5th you made the commit, to be exact.

M.
    hehe. takes me a while to make my run through all the threads.
    Live free or DIE!