Page 87 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    <snip>When I tried to reinstall Uberkernel it said that it was not compatible with my current OS version or something like that.
    That sounds like the kernel feed is not pulling the 1.4.5 UK.
    Can you list the version of UK you tried to install?
    It should be 1.4.5-92
    No. I have never installed any kernel except Uberkernel. I have restarted, I have run EPR (to get rid of another patch I was having trouble with) and have tried reinstalling it again. Still no luck at all. Here's the IPK Log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    97 3440k 97 3358k 0 0 323k 0 0:00:10 0:00:10 --:--:-- 291k
    100 3440k 100 3440k 0 0 322k 0 0:00:10 0:00:10 --:--:-- 295k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    This is all greek to me, but hopefully someone can help me get Uberkernel reinstalled. My Pre+ is a snail with out it.
    No. I have never installed any kernel except Uberkernel. I have restarted, I have run EPR (to get rid of another patch I was having trouble with) and have tried reinstalling it again. Still no luck at all. Here's the IPK Log:

This is all greek to me, but hopefully someone can help me get Uberkernel reinstalled. My Pre+ is a snail with out it.
    That log basically says that the kernel you have installed isn't stock, don't know why that is. Could you confirm the version of uber kernel that appears in your Preware, it will be underneath the app description.
    You might try running the Palm recovery kernel first in order to get the kernel back to stock.

Pip
    1.4.5-92
    1.4.5-92
    Ok then if you will:

1) Run the Palm Recovery Kernel
    2) Restart Pre
    3) Install Uber kernel
    4) Let us know how it goes

Pip
    1.4.5-92
    What the Pipster said.

Usually when an error like yours comes along, its:
    (a) Wrong feed / version
    (b) A result of other prior kernel installations

Hope resetting to stock first will let you install.
    I asked somewhere else. What is the Palm Recovery Kernel? I do not see it in preware at all. All I see is Emergency Patch Recovery. Which I have already run and it did not help at all (except to remove a stuck patch I had earlier).
    But what I don't understand is I have never installed any other kernels EXCEPT Uberkernel, and I updated my Preware feeds. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $1$.$4$.$5$-$92$ $is$ $the$ $latest$ $iteration$ $of$ $the$ $kernel$, $is$ $it$ $not$? $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $what$ $else$ $to$ $do$.
    I asked somewhere else. What is the Palm Recovery Kernel? I do not see it in preware at all. All I see is Emergency Patch Recovery. Which I have already run and it did not help at all (except to remove a stuck patch I had earlier).
    Under available packages in the Preware Webos Kernels feed; there are three categories: experimental, recovery, and stable. If you do not see these three categories, then something else is amiss.

Under recovery, you should see a kernel called Palm Kernel v1.4.5-9.
    This will install the official 1.4.5 kernel from Palm and nothing else.
    Under Preware's list of everything type ' Palm Kernel ', it should show up, click to install it. It is just a package that will install the stock kernel for recovery purposes.
    If you have never used another kernel, then from my limited experience (very limited) I could only assume that something didn't go right with the update or verizon are using a slightly different kernel.

Pip
    Thanks guys! Finally got it working!
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Ok then if you will:

2) Restart Pre
    3) Install Uber kernel
    4) Let us know how it goes
    In order to install UK faster, you can change #2 for:

2) When you're offered to reboot your Pre, answer NO
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, couldn't get uberkernel to work after the 1.4.5 update on the Verizon Pre Plus.

I followed the advise above by doing the following:

2) Restart Pre
    3) Install Uber kernel

This time working well when I ran Govnah, Profile running is Screenstate 500/1000, pre is humming again.

Thank you
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    After updating my Pre Plus to 1.4.5, I could not install Preware. It kept saying error 1, "could not find device". Could it be that WebOS Doctor is at 1.4.1.1 and should be at 1.4.5?
    Got mine working too... not sure how... just kept trying and it finally installed and my Pre is now fast again and running 1.4.5 Thanks!!!
  16.    #1736  
    UberKernel 1.4.x-112 for the Palm Pre and Pre+ is now in the kernel testing feed ( Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ).

It includes all the lastest features that have graduated from experimental testing in the F10x and SR71 series of kernels, plus a new patch for XBox360 usb mass storage compatibility.

Ability to control core voltages at each frequency
    Ability to override screenstate charger frequency limiter
    New configurable frequency limiter based on percentage battery remaining
    Reduced default 1GHz voltage to save power, based on F105 testing results
    USB mass storage patch for XBox360 compatibility

User-friendly Govnah support for the new features will be released over the next several days.

Unfortunately, none of the new features (except perhaps the USB mass storage patch) can be implemented on the Palm Pixi or Pixi+ due to the proprietary undocumented clocking architecture used on those devices.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel 1.4.x-112 for the Palm Pre and Pre+ is now in the kernel testing feed ( [url= Feeds - WebOS Internals[/url] ).

It includes all the lastest features that have graduated from experimental testing in the F10x and SR71 series of kernels, plus a new patch for XBox360 usb mass storage compatibility.

Ability to control core voltages at each frequency
    Ability to override screenstate charger frequency limiter
    New configurable frequency limiter based on percentage battery remaining
    Reduced default 1GHz voltage to save power, based on F105 testing results
    USB mass storage patch for XBox360 compatibility

User-friendly Govnah support for the new features will be released over the next several days.

Unfortunately, none of the new features (except perhaps the USB mass storage patch) can be implemented on the Palm Pixi or Pixi+ due to the proprietary undocumented clocking architecture used on those devices.

-- Rod
    Where oh where did my little 250 go?

I was just getting it to work well with screenstate. Is it officially gone forever?
  18.    #1738  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Where oh where did my little 250 go?

I was just getting it to work well with screenstate. Is it officially gone forever?
    Since it's really that important to you, I've reinstated it in 1.4.x-113 ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/17/2010 at 01:02 AM.
    Is it possible if you or someone, anyone, perhaps included a brief tutorial or some sort of write up about the last three features to tweak under the CPU override parameters in this latest version? I understand what they are, but the numbers game is where I am a bit lost.

I remember them when I had f105, but never delve into any of them. Learning more about it will optimize my/others experience and power of the kernel and govnah.

Thank you.

EDIT: Is there perhaps a thread about it, that I have not discovered? If not, perhaps one should be put in the works?
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/17/2010 at 02:47 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  20.    #1740  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Is it possible if you or someone, anyone, perhaps included a brief tutorial or some sort of write up about the last three features to tweak under the CPU override parameters in this latest version? I understand what they are, but the numbers game is where I am a bit lost.

I remember them when I had f105, but never delve into any of them. Learning more about it will optimize my/others experience and power of the kernel and govnah.

Thank you.

EDIT: Is there perhaps a thread about it, that I have not discovered? If not, perhaps one should be put in the works?
    Battery scaledown percent is the threshold at which the frequency is clamped to battery scaledown speed. There is no hysteresis avoidance setting like for the overtemp limit.

Override charger stops screenstate clamping the freq to 500MHz when charging.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals