Page 86 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    I just setup the overclock on my sprint Palm Pre, running Profile 500/800 but this is in reply to the 20% battery issue. I've had this issue ever since I got the phone. Once the battery reaches 20%, within a few minutes it'll beep and say the phone will shut down. I have been using a few homebews since I got the phone a year ago but they are minor things like showing battery % and character count in txt'ing. Setting up this overclock is the 1st time I've installed Preware or done anything major like overclocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    So I have seen the random battery drops from around 20% to 0% as others have mentioned. I have done some testing over the last week and believe it to be related to running the Phone Over Clocked. I am using the most recent stable release of UberKernal. When using screenstate governor at 500-800Mhz and 16MB Compcache I was able to get this occur frequently. With the same Kernal and the default Palm Clocks I never saw this issue running it for an entire week. Could the OC of the CPU cause incorrect battery percentage numbers? When it is at 20% could it really be lower than that? How can I assist with providing additional details?
    Like I mentioned above, the GUI is reporting a MUCH higher percentage than what the battery actually has. This is also with a stock kernel.

I have never had my phone shut off at 20%...15%...etc. And I run ridiculous kernels with odd frequencies. Maybe I have a stronger battery...
    Live free or DIE!
    Threads that should help itentify for those who are getting low battery warning and/or abrupt shutdown for low battery.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ll-1350-a.html

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-battery.html

It seems to me with my limited understanding from discussion in these two threads that this is a symptom of either a battery that needs calibration because something has gone wrong in the battery, bad battery, or a battery that is of a capacity that is not the advertised capacity such as the first threads topic which has to do with the app the second thread is about.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Thats OK about Smartflex..sucks though...

I have a suggestion or request (and again I hope I dont come off as pushy because really you guys who are behind UberKernel have already done an AMAZING job.

I would love it if there was a way in Govnah to request Screenstate to NOT work when certain apps are running.

So for example: I love the 125mhz screenstate, but both Pandora and using my Bluetooth stereo headphones cause the music to skip.

So I have to manually go to Govnah and change it to Stock settings to listen to music.

So, it would be cool for a setting in Govnah to say "If (Insert App) is open, then let screen turn off, but do not scale down processor"

Maybe this can be done with Mode Switcher though?

Thanks
  5.    #1705  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Thats OK about Smartflex..sucks though...

I have a suggestion or request (and again I hope I dont come off as pushy because really you guys who are behind UberKernel have already done an AMAZING job.

I would love it if there was a way in Govnah to request Screenstate to NOT work when certain apps are running.

So for example: I love the 125mhz screenstate, but both Pandora and using my Bluetooth stereo headphones cause the music to skip.

So I have to manually go to Govnah and change it to Stock settings to listen to music.

So, it would be cool for a setting in Govnah to say "If (Insert App) is open, then let screen turn off, but do not scale down processor"

Maybe this can be done with Mode Switcher though?

Thanks
    Rather than turn Govnah into Microsoft Office, we have made it interoperate with other apps like Mode Switcher, and we expect people to use Profile apps like Mode Switcher to enact Govnah profile changes in response to environmental triggers.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I cant seem to get it to 1ghz, when I click the profile nothing happens. It stays on palm default
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Try a restart. Worked for me
  8.    #1708  
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    I cant seem to get it to 1ghz, when I click the profile nothing happens. It stays on palm default
    Your signature says "800MHz patch". That is the source of your problems.

Anyone who is still using the flawed overclocking solutions that were around before WebOS Internals released F10x and UberKernel usually needs to doctor their phone to get rid of the detritus those things left on your device, and then use Preware to install a correctly packaged kernel.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I am seeing a bad issue...I no longer use the Pre, my fiance is (his Berry died, I had a HUP so I went Android Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant. He is using my Pre. I had it updated to 1.4.5 and I reinstalled everything exactly the same as what I had on the phone, all patches etc. I had good battery life with the phone, and ran it at screenstate 125/600 with 16 MB cache. If anything he has less apps than I did.

Since the update to the new stable Uber Kernal, and running at the same screenstate as always, he is experiencing severe drops in battery. Yesterday alone, he had it in his work locker in airplane mode for 2 hours and it dropped 20% in 2 hours in AIRPLANE. Today, he had a 40% drop in 12 minutes and the phone over heated. I told him to open the slider, take off the back and turn off the over clock then the phone immediately. The only thing I can think of is it's the kernal. It didn't behave like this until the update.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Are you using the original battery? Could just be poor battery. Try running Dr. Battery (7 posts prior). Calibrate and after it's done see what the Health is. Not sure about the overheating...can only say we have been warned about overclocking....but you deserve a smarter answer.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  11.    #1711  
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I am seeing a bad issue...I no longer use the Pre, my fiance is (his Berry died, I had a HUP so I went Android Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant. He is using my Pre. I had it updated to 1.4.5 and I reinstalled everything exactly the same as what I had on the phone, all patches etc. I had good battery life with the phone, and ran it at screenstate 125/600 with 16 MB cache. If anything he has less apps than I did.

Since the update to the new stable Uber Kernal, and running at the same screenstate as always, he is experiencing severe drops in battery. Yesterday alone, he had it in his work locker in airplane mode for 2 hours and it dropped 20% in 2 hours in AIRPLANE. Today, he had a 40% drop in 12 minutes and the phone over heated. I told him to open the slider, take off the back and turn off the over clock then the phone immediately. The only thing I can think of is it's the kernal. It didn't behave like this until the update.

Any thoughts?
    Take the custom kernel off, run for a day, put it back on, run for a day. Repeat twice. That will tell you what the cause is.

This procedure should be done in every case where you're just about to write "I think it is caused by ...", so that you can instead write "I have proved causality due to ...".

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    Are you using the original battery? Could just be poor battery. Try running Dr. Battery (7 posts prior). Calibrate and after it's done see what the Health is. Not sure about the overheating...can only say we have been warned about overclocking....but you deserve a smarter answer.
    It's the original battery, but the phone is only 3 months old.

Thanks Rod! Will do that tonight.
    Some things most commonly causing heat up of a device and rapidly drain the battery are: constant CPU activity, battery charging, carrier radio use (data or talk time), and signal quality can effect carrier radio heat as well. From what I have gathered over time is that sometimes something will get stuck so to speak and cause one or both the CPU and radio to remain in use. For example a failed attempt to retrieve something over data can result in continual reattempts until such time as a reboot occurs to snap it out of the loop. Think of this like a infinite loop logic bug. So even in airplane mode the infinite loop can persist. Anything that causes and infinite loop like this will eat the battery up because all sorts of hardware can be in use that otherwise would be sleeping or even off. If it continues to happen and isn't just a fluke once in awhile then a process of elimination is needed to identify the source cause.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I can report that my VZ Pre Plus has been running FANTASTIC at 1GHz!

Battery life seems normal, temps are cooler than when running at 800MHz or even at 500MHz. Stays around 30-32 degrees running at 1GHz in screenstate and about 27 degrees when the screen is off. I love it.

I will report back if I see a change when I get the 1.4.5 update that Verizon might release one of these days.
    Anybody besides me having trouble installing uber kernal after upgrading to 1.4.5 (verizon)?
    Quote Originally Posted by tpwilson61 View Post
    Anybody besides me having trouble installing uber kernal after upgrading to 1.4.5 (verizon)?
    Mind describing your trouble? Have you ever used the Preware testing feeds?

Pip
    I cannot get Uberkernel to load either after updating VZW Pre+ to 1.4.5.? Someone mentioned a recov ery kernel but I don't know what that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I cannot get Uberkernel to load either after updating VZW Pre+ to 1.4.5.? Someone mentioned a recov ery kernel but I don't know what that is.
    More details on what you are trying to do is needed.
    Did you have Uberkernel before (update) or is this a first time install?
    Are the kernel feeds 'turned on'?
    Did you check here? Application:UberKernel - WebOS Internals

Peeps here will help; but without a sufficient idea of what you have or have not done; there are too many potential options to list.
    I had Govnah and Uberkernel installed prior to 1.4.5. update. I updated, and tried to update all my patches. Seemed to work fine. Went into Govnah and it was set at Palm Default. Tried to change it to 500/800 screenstate. Wouldn't work. Went into Preware. Uninstalled Govnah, uninstalled Uberkernel. When I tried to reinstall Uberkernel it said that it was not compatible with my current OS version or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I had Govnah and Uberkernel installed prior to 1.4.5. update. I updated, and tried to update all my patches. Seemed to work fine. Went into Govnah and it was set at Palm Default. Tried to change it to 500/800 screenstate. Wouldn't work. Went into Preware. Uninstalled Govnah, uninstalled Uberkernel. When I tried to reinstall Uberkernel it said that it was not compatible with my current OS version or something like that.
    Have you ever used any of the Preware testing feeds for the other alpha kernels?

Pip