Page 83 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    I had something like a ''half reboot''.
    The profile was screenstate 500/1000 and i just scrolled through the launcher without any app open in the background and suddenly the boot screen from my theme came up and I had to unlock the screen, but no PIN or something like that and I had connectivity and so on.

A known issue?

I know for the next time put perfomance profile on 125/720, at the moment I don't see any difference between 720 and 1000 Mhz.

Mahir
    so I overclocked my pre and all of a sudden when I try to download apps from the app catalog, they fail... When I try to update an app, it fails. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
    when I try to download apps from the app catalog, they fail... When I try to update an app, it fails.

The reason it gives you for the failure would be a nice place to start.

M.
    it says 'the action could not be completed,please try again later'
    I tried with wifi and with 3g,no change.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
    it says 'the action could not be completed,please try again later'
    I tried with wifi and with 3g,no change.
    Do you have this problem?

If so then the solution is in about the 5th post of that thread

Pip
    yes that seems to be my issue. Now to figure out how to get into a terminal window. LoL looks like I'll be doing some reading. Thanks guys you rock!
    ah I found it. Thanks again guys. This solved my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    at the moment I don't see any difference between 720 and 1000 Mhz.

Mahir
    NO DIFFERENCE!!!! ARE YOU MAD!!!! J/K

MAN, AT 1G I DON'T EVEN SEE THE CARD ANIMATION WHEN OPENING A NEW BROWSER, NO HESITATION SCROLLING THROUGH MY 9-PAGE 200+ ICON LAUNCHER, AND NO AUDIO LAG PLAYING MARIO WORLD 3 IN VBA! THIS WAS NOT THE CASE WITH 800MHZ. I LOVE IT.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    NO DIFFERENCE!!!! ARE YOU MAD!!!! J/K

MAN, AT 1G I DON'T EVEN SEE THE CARD ANIMATION WHEN OPENING A NEW BROWSER, NO HESITATION SCROLLING THROUGH MY 9-PAGE 200+ ICON LAUNCHER, AND NO AUDIO LAG PLAYING MARIO WORLD 3 IN VBA! THIS WAS NOT THE CASE WITH 800MHZ. I LOVE IT.
    Well, but I can say the same... I had my Pre clocked to 1GHz for some time now and it's notably faster in Games, but the overall feel is not THAT faster... mayber not every pre is capable of clocking up to 1GHz?
    I'm loving the uberkernals and really like the new 1ghz overclock. But (theres always a but) I've noticed after updating Govnah for the new clock that my Touchstone gets way too hot. So I opened Govnah, phone still on touchstone, to check temps while on charger. It read about 47c, but I noticed it @ 1ghz. I thought while on touchstone it was suppose to be @ 500mhz to slow or stop the heating issue.

One more thing I did. I took the phone off the charger and replaced it. Govnah said the phone went to 500mhz, temp 45, battery 98%. Ok heres where it gets interesting...when battery reached 100% and battery current (in Govnah) went to zero then showed battery drain (battery shows 100%) the uberkernal went to 1ghz. I watched it for another 10 minutes and the it went back to 500mhz after the phone started charging again. In that time my phone went from 35 to 47. I can't remember if this is how it did with the 800nhz kernal but I think maybe a threshold needs to be applied while on touchstone or something. The reason why is that I loaded the phone up while on charger (Pandora, 4 internet cards, mafia wars, and Govnah) and went cycled through all of them for a while going back to govnah and saw it switching back and fowards fro 500mhz to 1ghz while on Touchstone. I noticed it corrosponed with the battery charging in govnah also. When the current went from zero current 1ghz kicked in and because I was putting a serious drain to it 2-3min later it started charger and back to 500mhz. It took it about 1-2min to recharge and 1ghz....and so on. Issue or should I just live with it. I'm gonna check the 800mhz to see if it does it but for now I'm kinda not liking it because I don't even remember or like my phone being that hot.

note: I posted this in another topic and no help. I'm just wondering if this could be an issue.
  11.    #1651  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    I'm loving the uberkernals and really like the new 1ghz overclock. But (theres always a but) I've noticed after updating Govnah for the new clock that my Touchstone gets way too hot. So I opened Govnah, phone still on touchstone, to check temps while on charger. It read about 47c, but I noticed it @ 1ghz. I thought while on touchstone it was suppose to be @ 500mhz to slow or stop the heating issue.

One more thing I did. I took the phone off the charger and replaced it. Govnah said the phone went to 500mhz, temp 45, battery 98%. Ok heres where it gets interesting...when battery reached 100% and battery current (in Govnah) went to zero then showed battery drain (battery shows 100%) the uberkernal went to 1ghz. I watched it for another 10 minutes and the it went back to 500mhz after the phone started charging again. In that time my phone went from 35 to 47. I can't remember if this is how it did with the 800nhz kernal but I think maybe a threshold needs to be applied while on touchstone or something. The reason why is that I loaded the phone up while on charger (Pandora, 4 internet cards, mafia wars, and Govnah) and went cycled through all of them for a while going back to govnah and saw it switching back and fowards fro 500mhz to 1ghz while on Touchstone. I noticed it corrosponed with the battery charging in govnah also. When the current went from zero current 1ghz kicked in and because I was putting a serious drain to it 2-3min later it started charger and back to 500mhz. It took it about 1-2min to recharge and 1ghz....and so on. Issue or should I just live with it. I'm gonna check the 800mhz to see if it does it but for now I'm kinda not liking it because I don't even remember or like my phone being that hot.

note: I posted this in another topic and no help. I'm just wondering if this could be an issue.
    If you're not comfortable with 47C, just set the temperature limiter to a lower value and save that as a sticky profile (swipe to delete the current matching profile first).

-- Rod
    does anyone have any idea what preware app deletes everything preware and homebrew installs in case you have a software update?
  13.    #1653  
    Quote Originally Posted by lvly5t View Post
    does anyone have any idea what preware app deletes everything preware and homebrew installs in case you have a software update?
    The only things you need to remove is your theme and a few specific patches.

-- Rod
    yeah well preware has an app that will remove everything that will get in the way but i dont know the name of it
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    This will take a while to go through...draining battery and such.

If you dont mind testing out booting standalone kernel images that I build on the fly this will help out testing if it is something interfering with the custom kernel.
    I've had that "battery dies @ 20% problems" ever since i installed uberkernel 1.4.5.87 (and up)

if i revert back to stock kernel, my battery goes back to normal - whenever i install uberkernel again, my battery dies @ 20% (sometimes even 25 or 30)

i am also using a german pre 1.4.5. with only a few patches (nothing fancy, mostly cosmetical stuff like "dont send on enter button" etc)

i would be happy to help you find the problem
    After a few problems, I deleted the UberKernel.

First, I opened Preware and installed the recovery kernel. Than I pressed ''Later'', went to my installed pakets and deleted UberKernel and restarted the phone. After the restart Govnah showed me the Palm Default profile. Is now everything okay?

And just a question btw, when I doctor the phone, would I have warranty at all? Because no one would see, that I overclocked the phone, right?
    After a few problems, I deleted the UberKernel.

First, I opened Preware and installed the recovery kernel. Than I pressed ''Later'', went to my installed pakets and deleted UberKernel and restarted the phone. After the restart Govnah showed me the Palm Default profile. Is now everything okay?

What were the problems? Good bug reports (and "It's broke" isn't a good bug report) foster improvements...

Why in the world did you try and remove it that way??? You're kinda lucky your phone even booted after that.

M.
    The problems were lags(yes, really), less battery life, short freezers, less reactions of the accelerometer.

What was wrong in my way of uninstalling the kernel? What could happen after the turn off?

And my last question: is the kernel now the same as at launch?
    The problems were lags(yes, really), less battery life, short freezers, less reactions of the accelerometer.

What was wrong in my way of uninstalling the kernel? What could happen after the turn off?

And my last question: is the kernel now the same as at launch?

UberKernel will cause none of things. It seems your phone might be in need of doctoring. Or you just really didn't know what you were doing with Govnah. Never use the OnDemand governor. It will cause some of the lags (and maybe even the exssesive battery drain you saw.

You threw two kernels at the phone "at the same time". You're lucky that the "boot info" from one didn't remain (because you didn't reboot...) and make the other not know what to look for. Aside, to remove somethin6, you just remove it and do what the prompt tells you (REBOOT!).

It should be the Palm default kernel now. Govnah can tell you. If you can't go above 600MHz, then yes.

M.
    Thanks.

I read that the specification of the processor says, the highest frequens the processor can take is reached with 800 Mhz. Nothing official, but from a really serious user from another forum.

Maybe I will doctor my phone and than just install the most important things(for my usage) from Preware.

Thanks to everyone here in Forum, I will stay here.