Page 82 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    This Kernel is AWSOME its like have a new phone im on Sprint and no more to many card erros )) GOOD WORK!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    Ok so this will be long^^

WebOS 1.4.5 (german)

Kernel: Uber1G (1.4.5-92)

Govnah: 0.6.7 (ScreenState: 600/250)

<...snip...>

I'm using the stock battery
    This will take a while to go through...draining battery and such.

If you dont mind testing out booting standalone kernel images that I build on the fly this will help out testing if it is something interfering with the custom kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Hello,

first impressions with 1Ghz?

Actually my Pre is running at screenstate 500/800 with UK.

One technical question:
    How it is possible to overclock these mobile platform processors and use them for long time and more Mhz than they are made for without having issues with reboots or broken processors? how it works that you can overclock the processors in a so big range without the processor getting overworked and broken? Are they so much customizable in both ranges - less and more Mhz?
    just wandering why i cant use the 500/1000 screenstate it keeps defaulting back to 500/800 . just wandering is all
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just wandering why i cant use the 500/1000 screenstate it keeps defaulting back to 500/800 . just wandering is all
    anyone know why this is happening ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    What about Battery life and heating in 500/1000?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    anyone know why this is happening ?
    Sounds like you have the latest Govnah, but not Uber1G... check your UberKernel app to see if you're really at 1.4.X-92 and it says "Removed 550MHz, added 1GHz" in the changelog. If so, then I'd say try reinstalling Uber1G.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Is it possible, that the danger of overheating the phone with running 1 Ghz all the time, for example just when writing a message, is higher, than with lower freqs?
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    What about Battery life and heating in 500/1000?
    I personally ran Fixed 1000 on the touchstone for a few hours and it stayed around 44-46C as I tried to pull up NFL.com's mobile site, checked email, weather and endgadget mobile app.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  10.    #1630  
    Is it possible, that the danger of overheating the phone with running 1 Ghz all the time, for example just when writing a message, is higher, than with lower freqs?
    UberKernel contains an automatic temperature limiter which down-clocks to 500MHz if the temperature exceeds the configured limit (which defaults to 55C). You can change that limit in Govnah if you are concerned and want to set it lower. We don't recommend trying to set it higher.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Does Govnah have to be open, to clock the processor down to 500 Mhz?
    Because in the first post you wrote, Govnah only can control the temperature, when it's open.
  12.    #1632  
    Does Govnah have to be open, to clock the processor down to 500 Mhz?
    Because in the first post you wrote, Govnah only can control the temperature, when it's open.
    You do not need to leave Govnah running. Set and forget.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Okay, thanks.

But i set on a new profile with screenstate 500/1000 the Temp limit at 50 and the Temp reset at 47 and saved it. When I want to activate it, it just activates the normal 500/1000 profile from out-of-the-box.
    Okay, thanks.

But i set on a new profile with screenstate 500/1000 the Temp limit at 50 and the Temp reset at 47 and saved it. When I want to activate it, it just activates the normal 500/1000 profile from out-of-the-box.
    Did you hit Apply or just back swipe?
  15.    #1635  
    Okay, thanks.

Check back in Advanced Settings to see what it actually saved and activated. The default profiles will match a whole lot of different settings, since they leave a lot of things intentionally undefined (which will therefore match anything).

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Anyone comment on compcache? In this update, the compcache was disabled when it was enabled before.
  17.    #1637  
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Anyone comment on compcache? In this update, the compcache was disabled when it was enabled before.
    The status of compcache has not changed at all. It is disabled by default, and you enable it as you please using Govnah. That is always the case for all UberKernel features.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Okay, I enabled it.

Palm Pre locked up. Uh oh.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    This will take a while to go through...draining battery and such.

If you dont mind testing out booting standalone kernel images that I build on the fly this will help out testing if it is something interfering with the custom kernel.
    If it helps (and is not directly killing my Pre^^) i will help, sure.
    Maybe this could be a solution?:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-battery.html
    (2nd paragraph)

But, in my opinion, it can't be the fault of the battery chip, because it's working fine when using the stock kernel. Also I think the problem (at least for me) just appears since using 1.4.5-87
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    Ok have to correct my post from above,
    I just had the same effect. Battery was at about 23% and jumps immediately to 0%, but it really seems to be empty then (had to charge it about 15min before i was able to boot it up again).

I'm running 1.4.5-92 at ScreenState 500/600 (was testing 250/1GHz for about 6 hours in between)
    Exact same thing is happening to me, 3 days in a row. I have had UK installed without issue since the weekend, but I have been turning wifi and radio data off to save power but also prevent a "forced" upgrade overnight to 1.4.5 (A coworker cannot use UK because this happened, I am skittish). I am using ondemand.
    [yadda yadda]

Each morning I turn it all back on, and if the power is anything less than 25% (today was 11%) it drops to 0% immediately and starts to shut down. The difference for me is that it does admittedly restart rather quickly (no button needed), as if it's really only java restarting?, though the phone does appear to power off. I just don't know.

I hope this helps...

*shrug*
    Last edited by copasetic; 08/27/2010 at 05:56 AM. Reason: It's too early to think! :)