Page 81 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    I can't re-install uber kernel I keep getting an verification failed on /boot and I'm getting device kernel is not in factory condition. It was working fine last week.
    Omg!! Love it love it love! Will donate

you rock!

I love my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    Hi,

I played a bit with the screenstate profiles. But I don't want to send my o2 Germany Pre to the overclocking graveyard, so I deleted UberKernel via Preware. Before I deleted it, I set the govnah profile on ''Palm default''. Is that enough action to set my Pre on the default 500 Mhz?
    ..."overclocking graveyard"??? i think you'd be the only one buried there...despite the warnings, i don't think anyone has actually bricked their pre by over-clocking...i maybe wrong tho...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I just updated the Govnah and Uber Kernel today. I typically charge from my laptop via USB. After upgrading I've notice that my charging is going REALLY slowly (it only charge 3% in an hour).

I've now rebooted and started battery monitor to see what the exact percent is, but I used to get just shy of 50% per hour charging (or should I say -50% drain).

Anyone else experience this with the new versions?
    Running UK at 1GHz seems to be too powerful for my laptop as my pre is still draining even though it is connected to my laptop's USB port. What's up with that?
    nope, my battery performance has increased using uk @ 1g...i've been using it a few weeks now.
    Question for the experts: I'm on F105 right now. Should I move to this UK version or are there reasons to stick with F105?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    That's a new one.. Remove the kernal and see if the problem solve. Which I doubt. Your issue is cause by something else. I take it that you're referring to uber kernal. Right? I'll have to check into this one, and get back to you. In the meantime remove the battery for 10secs, and see if that fixes the problem.

Ps. Where are you getting your wallpapers from?
    Best of luck.
    I have it figured out. Something inside me said to try setting the wallpaper from the ''Screen & Lock" instead of setting by going to "Photos" and doing it that way. Sure as heck, the same images that look like crap through Photos look exactly how they should when set through Screen & Lock. Who would have thought? Now I'm off to upgrade to 1GHz! Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    nope, my battery performance has increased using uk @ 1g...i've been using it a few weeks now.
    Wow! How is that possible? Doesn't UK@1g run at higher voltages and pull more current?
    This question has most likely been asked before in this thread, but I can't quite find where:

I am a Verizon user on 1.4.1 and want to install UK. The version available in preware for me is 1.4.1-92. Once 1.4.5 is released for us big red subscribers, will UK update itself to 1.4.5-92 as well? Should this even be a concern?

Thanks for the info!
    yes !!! Thanks for this.
    Hello All,

Some a questions if I may...

1). I created a profile in Govnah while playing around and saved it. How do I delete it now?

2). I've seen posts of users setting their screenstate to 250MHz/1000MHz. What does one gain from doing so over the stock 500MHz/1000MHz?

I thought the first number had to do with the speed the phone runs at when the screen is off? But if the screen is off then what does it matter what speed is selected as nothing is running.

3). What exactly is compcache and should I enable it? If so what should the compcache memlimit be set at?

Thanks in advance for any help and great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Running UK at 1GHz seems to be too powerful for my laptop as my pre is still draining even though it is connected to my laptop's USB port. What's up with that?
    Nevermind. A battery pull seems to have fixed the problem. My pre is charging from my laptop via USB again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Hello All,

Some a questions if I may...

1). I created a profile in Govnah while playing around and saved it. How do I delete it now?
    Just swipe it to delete. I love this phone!

2). I've seen posts of users setting their screenstate to 250MHz/1000MHz. What does one gain from doing so over the stock 500MHz/1000MHz?

I thought the first number had to do with the speed the phone runs at when the screen is off? But if the screen is off then what does it matter what speed is selected as nothing is running.
    Running the phone at the lower speed while the screen is off should save some battery power.

3). What exactly is compcache and should I enable it? If so what should the compcache memlimit be set at?
    Checkout the wiki to learn about all of Govnah's settings.
    Last edited by sjamie; 08/26/2010 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I can't re-install uber kernel I keep getting an verification failed on /boot and I'm getting device kernel is not in factory condition. It was working fine last week.
    Install "Stock Kernel" under the Recovery Kernels area, then retry

Question for the experts: I'm on F105 right now. Should I move to this UK version or are there reasons to stick with F105?
    Yes, move to UK as it allows you to do the same screenstate as the F105 kernel. It has all the features from F105, like compcache, plus temperature throttling. UK is the highly tested code that incorporates code from F105.
    Thx....got my pixi plus today ...try if it helps.

But a clean pixi doesn't feel slow....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Is it a problem to have F102A on my Pre when I download Uberkernel?

Edit: Fixed. I uninstalled the F102A kernel and installed the UK. Worked like a charm. Buzzing along a 1GHZ.
    Last edited by theattack; 08/26/2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Fixed mistake
    Thanks for the info sjamie!
    when charging on screenstate 500/1000, even when in use my pre defaults to 500. Is this supposed to happen? When I unplug and use it goes back to 1g

after playing visualboy at 1g its so hard to go back to 800 and play it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gotword View Post
    when charging on screenstate 500/1000, even when in use my pre defaults to 500. Is this supposed to happen? When I unplug and use it goes back to 1g

after playing visualboy at 1g its so hard to go back to 800 and play it lol
    By design, when charging, your Pre will default to 500 and then revert to your settings when its not charging
    Quote Originally Posted by gotword View Post
    I believe this is normal behavior while charging to prevent the phone from overheating.

My Pre does the same thing...