Page 79 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Thanks for the reply, mate. I was just wondering since I saw it in the launcher before the reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotmaKer View Post
    Thanks for the reply, mate. I was just wondering since I saw it in the launcher before the reboot.
    Hi, ShotmaKer.
    I take it that you're talking about the recovery/stock 1.4.5 palm kernal. After installing this kernal it won't show up as an app/icon on your launcher page. It remove itself once the installation is complete, putting back the device to Hpalm's original stock 500mhz.

Take care.
    Had the same problem of shutdown at 20% with the uberkernel after 1.4.5 update, doesn┤t happen with stock Kernel. Also noticed faster battery drain than the stock kernel, using a Seido 1350mAh battery. Installed F102A kernel and same happens at 20%, immediatly drops to 0% and turns off.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Interesting statement. I too have been overclocking my home-built PC's for years and can confirm what you say... overclocking can result in loss of data or an inability of the system's components to keep up with an overclocked processor. I'm curious to know if anyone who has overclocked their Pre has NEVER had an unexpected restart. Of course it can be pretty near impossible to diagnose unexpected restarts so proving it is the overclocking that is to blame is pretty tough. thorne
    Apart from shutting down at 20% battery, with uberkernel NEVER had any problems, running normally screensate 500/800 but also using different governors at different speeds etc, obviously there were performance decreases in some cases and fairly rapid battery depletion but never an unexpected restart or data loss (as far as I┤m aware). The only unusual behaviour was using powersave setting at 125 min, no incoming calls of emails received until the pre was being used and increased cpu frequency.
    <---- UK noob w/ VZW Pre+

With F102A (1.4.1-100) being stable does it become the new stable UK (currently 1.4.1-87)? I read in the stable F102A notes that it's stable at 800MHz. Does that mean 1GHz operation is still in testing? (Wondering if this is why UK with 1GHz operation is currently in testing)
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by NMawer42 View Post
    Had the same problem of shutdown at 20% with the uberkernel after 1.4.5 update, doesn┤t happen with stock Kernel. Also noticed faster battery drain than the stock kernel, using a Seido 1350mAh battery. Installed F102A kernel and same happens at 20%, immediatly drops to 0% and turns off.
    Update:

Updated preware to latest version, reinstalled latest uberkernel fro 1.4.5 and now running Fixed Speed 800, battery depletion at the moment appears to be less and down to 16% without shutdown. Noticed that with screen off battery current goes down to -9mA, using screenstate 500/800 or even 250/800 the current never seemed to go under -200mA. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that battery life seemed better with fixed 800Mhz and from these results it appears they┤re right.
    Uber kernal 1gz rock. It's in the testing feeds.
    I've tried looking for an answer to this in other forums and such but I can't find it and it dawned on me that I only started seeing this issue after I installed the new kernel. The issue I am having is that whenever I change my wallpaper, the quality of the one that is shown is noticebly worse than the one that I am selecting. Is anyone else having this issue or can confirm/deny that this is not due to the new kernel? Again, this wasn't happening before the new kernel, but it could just be me.
    That's a new one.. Remove the kernal and see if the problem solve. Which I doubt. Your issue is cause by something else. I take it that you're referring to uber kernal. Right? I'll have to check into this one, and get back to you. In the meantime remove the battery for 10secs, and see if that fixes the problem.

Ps. Where are you getting your wallpapers from?
    Best of luck.
    Have been experimenting with the various experimental kernels available through the experimental kernel feed in preware. Unfortunately I've experienced awful battery drain with all the ones I've tried so far (Thunderchief F105, SR71 Blackbird, etc); so now I'm trying the latest UberKernel. My experience with the previous incarnation of the UberKernel was good, but it capped at only 800 Mhz. I'm just too inexperience to experiment with adjusting the voltage to try and improve battery performance. What's your opinion for the best battery friendly super kernel?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    <---- UK noob w/ VZW Pre+

With F102A (1.4.1-100) being stable does it become the new stable UK (currently 1.4.1-87)? I read in the stable F102A notes that it's stable at 800MHz. Does that mean 1GHz operation is still in testing? (Wondering if this is why UK with 1GHz operation is currently in testing)
    Yes and No. Some elements from the 102 kernel will be used in UK. 102 is a fixed speed kernel and UK gives you the option of several different frequencies. Using anything beyond those two may give your device problems. Since you are a 'noob w/ VZW Pre+', I would stick with those for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NMawer42 View Post
    Update:

Updated preware to latest version, reinstalled latest uberkernel fro 1.4.5 and now running Fixed Speed 800, battery depletion at the moment appears to be less and down to 16% without shutdown. Noticed that with screen off battery current goes down to -9mA, using screenstate 500/800 or even 250/800 the current never seemed to go under -200mA. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that battery life seemed better with fixed 800Mhz and from these results it appears they┤re right.
    thank you for your testing - i'Ve been running uberkernel for ~2 weeks now and my phone always shuts down at ~2▀% (sometimes more, sometimes less) - i've even had it run at 1% for about 10hours

i'll try locking it at 800mhz..we'll see
  13.    #1573  
    UberKernel/Pre 1.4.x-92 (Uber1G) now available in Preware. Govnah 0.6.7 has new 1GHz Screenstate profile.

We can neither confirm nor deny that Uber1G makes yellow angry birds go straight through boulders ...

Donations for UberKernel and Govnah are appreciated. The server infrastructure that builds and distributes these packages costs real money to maintain and run, and your donations are the sole source of those funds.

Please use PayPal to send them to donations @ webos-internals.org or clicking on http://bit.ly/webos-internals-donations and use the PayPal button there ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 08/26/2010 at 01:24 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    have you tried a different battery? i have read something about some of the chip in the siedio batteries needing a 'fix'
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel/Pre 1.4.x-92 (Uber1G) now available in Preware. Govnah 0.6.7 has new 1GHz Screenstate profile.

We can neither confirm nor deny that Uber1G makes yellow angry birds go straight through boulders ...

-- Rod
    1. rod, you rock.
    2. ha! it is seriously addictive
    Palm prē-ist.
    I'm not seeing uberkernel in preware. I have uberkernel 1.4.-87 and I got the govnah update?
    testings feed
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    testings feed
    ah, I see I thought it was in the stable feeds. Nevermind.
    i just wanted to throw this out here since i recently created an issue about it with my pre. just goes to show no matter how "experienced" a computer user you feel you are, mistakes happen.

if your preware uberK update gets interrupted midway, you won't be able to adjust settings in govnah anymore or remove/update your uberK. what you need to do is go into preware, find and install the stock palm kernel so you can start over with the stock kernel, and go from there back to uberK.

thank you goes to rwhitby.

20.    #1580  
    Quote Originally Posted by bry4n View Post
    i just wanted to throw this out here since i recently created an issue about it with my pre. just goes to show no matter how "experienced" a computer user you feel you are, mistakes happen.

if your preware uberK update gets interrupted midway, you won't be able to adjust settings in govnah anymore or remove/update your uberK. what you need to do is go into preware, find and install the stock palm kernel so you can start over with the stock kernel, and go from there back to uberK.

thank you goes to rwhitby.

Yeah, the recovery kernel is an important part of the extensive safety measures we embed into the whole homebrew ecosystem for dealing with custom kernels. It has a hand-crafted installation script which enables you to recover from any situation that we have encountered so far related to installation of kernels from our public feeds.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals