Page 78 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #1541  
    The there are more messages on a next page thing is all across the forums and doesn't appear to be consistently everywhere on it. Basically for some reason at certain times some threads indicated there is another page of posts but there isn't one. After some more posts it will no longer indicate this. And then later on it may happen again. Seems to me that the really big threads are most effected by this.

    On topic uber kernel 1.4.5-92 an my sprint pre webOS 1.4.5 and govnah 0.6.6. It appears I have managed to override the 500mhz when on wall or car charger to side port and it either never or very rarely changes to 500mhz when connected. However I only have one use case where I would need it to: while in the car charging on car charger and using sprint navigation, listening to pandora or slacker, and optionally using trapster. The combination of charging, GPS and data heats things up fast. The temp limit and temp reset appear to work fine in this situation.

    With that in mind I'm looking at optimizing temperature control. In my limited testing the battery temperature seems to remain about 5C lower than the CPU temperature. Some intensive games will hit 55C (the current set temp limit) especially running at 1ghz. I'm inclined to go back to 800mhz for those apps. I'm curious what others have done to balance performance and temperature. I'm also considering DIY cooling buying some chipset coolers (no fans) and modding the battery cover to heat sink the battery and radio board below the battery. I'm not sure how that will effect the CPU temp indirectly since the CPU is roughly between the battery and screen.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  2. #1542  
    It's because of deleted posts, it's a forum bug that's been unfixed for as long as I can remember, on any forum that uses Vbulletin.
  3. #1543  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    It's because of deleted posts, it's a forum bug that's been unfixed for as long as I can remember, on any forum that uses Vbulletin.
    Interesting. I guess the other forums I'm on don't see many deleted posts since I don't recall ever seeing it elsewhere. I've gotten used to it now and just look at the tool tip to determine if the page is false.

    I'm jotting down temperatures during various states like idle, idle while charging, etc to get an idea of normal ranges for my device and increases in temperature due to various things. Might be something of interest to those using uber kernel and other kernels to overclock. I'll be comparing the temperatures for 800mhz and 1ghz since they are the speeds I'm using/testing right now.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  4. #1544  
    So Ive been thinking bout overclocking for quite sometime. The video on todays frontpage convinced me to go ahead with it. Downloading uberkernal from preware now as I type this. I was just wondering how do I uninstall it and go back to the stock kernal if I dont like it?
  5.    #1545  
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    So Ive been thinking bout overclocking for quite sometime. The video on todays frontpage convinced me to go ahead with it. Downloading uberkernal from preware now as I type this. I was just wondering how do I uninstall it and go back to the stock kernal if I dont like it?
    The same as any other package you install with Preware. Go the the Installed Packages list and hit "Remove".

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #1546  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The same as any other package you install with Preware. Go the the Installed Packages list and hit "Remove".

    -- Rod
    Just hit remove and it goes back to the stock kernel? Wow, you guys make it too easy Thanx! Im playin around with the settings and it looks good. I noticed some of my games loading alot quicker! Hope it doesnt cause too much of a battery drain.
  7.    #1547  
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    Just hit remove and it goes back to the stock kernel? Wow, you guys make it too easy
    Correct on both counts

    BTW, we have donation links for those who wish to show there appreciation for such. It costs money to keep our servers running, and we rely on donations from users for that.

    Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org or click on http://bit.ly/webos-internals-donations

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #1548  
    More kernels on preware please
  9.    #1549  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmansuarez View Post
    More kernels on preware please
    Such as?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. Lkr
    Lkr is offline
    Lkr's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #1550  
    Which UK should I install for the Pixi? Is overclocking available on the testing feed at all, or is that still not possible? thanks
  11. #1551  
    lol I am proud of you!
  12. #1552  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Such as?

    -- Rod
    I want one that does my laundry, cooks breakfast, and goes to work for me...

    I still want to see a "Gamer Edition" one that's pre-optimized for webOS gaming.
  13.    #1553  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I want one that does my laundry, cooks breakfast, and goes to work for me...
    If I had one of those, I'd be selling it

    I still want to see a "Gamer Edition" one that's pre-optimized for webOS gaming.
    What settings would it have, and how would that differ from a predefined Govnah profile with those settings?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. #1554  
    I imagine it as an "easy go to" for people who don't want to be bothered with Govnah, or cubic interpolations, or voltage settings, etc. Just tell them, if you want to optimize for gaming, you download this kernel, optimization for web surfing/email download this one. Basically a one stop shop for the technically impaired (not me!).
  15.    #1555  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I imagine it as an "easy go to" for people who don't want to be bothered with Govnah, or cubic interpolations, or voltage settings, etc. Just tell them, if you want to optimize for gaming, you download this kernel, optimization for web surfing/email download this one. Basically a one stop shop for the technically impaired (not me!).
    I can tell you now that we're not going to be pumping out multiple kernels when a predefined profile in Govnah will do the job.

    1) Install Govnah
    2) Install UberKernel
    3) Run Govnah, select Gaming Profile

    We're not going to maintain multiple kernel packages for people who are not able to do a three step process.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #1556  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I can tell you now that we're not going to be pumping out multiple kernels when a predefined profile in Govnah will do the job.

    1) Install Govnah
    2) Install UberKernel
    3) Run Govnah, select Gaming Profile

    We're not going to maintain multiple kernel packages for people who are not able to do a three step process.

    -- Rod
    lol thanks for your work!
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  17. #1557  
    In preware.. I've just notice that Uber kernal isn't under stable.(I know it is) Is there any reason why? Sorry if this question has been asked before.
  18.    #1558  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    In preware.. I've just notice that Uber kernal isn't under stable.(I know it is) Is there any reason why? Sorry if this question has been asked before.
    If you have the kernel testing feed enabled, you will see an experimental 1GHz UberKernel. If not, you will see the stable 800MHz version.

    -- Rod
  19. #1559  
    Hey there guys,

    First, much thanks for sharing your work with us. I've been trying to install the uberkernel on my pixi plus (running on 1.4.5), but unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting through the process.

    The uberkernel would install just fine. My problem is with the stock Kernel (Palm Kernel Pixi/Pixi+ v1.4.5-9). Whenever i try to install it, it will show up in the launcher, but then when i reboot the device, it will simply disappear from both the launcher and the app list (on the phone and on preware). I've tried to install it from preware, then from WOSQI but to no avail. I also tried to install it, then install the uberkernel before rebooting and only the uberkernel will show up in the launcher and the app list afterwards. You guys have any idea what i might be doing wrong ?

    cheers.
  20. #1560  
    The stock kernel will never show as an app or in the launcher.
    Once its set, its just like your Pixi ever was (ie: you did not see it before UK)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions