Page 77 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    A friend of mine is running the latest Uberkernel (800 MHz) on his Palm Pre. He reported that his device suddenly dropped from 50% (battery) to 0% and turned off.
    This happend two times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
    A friend of mine is running the latest Uberkernel (800 MHz) on his Palm Pre. He reported that his device suddenly dropped from 50% (battery) to 0% and turned off.
    This happend two times.
    Your friend needs to give a detailed bug report in this thread and to make sure this is a reproducable occurrence.

Pip
    This happend two times.
    this is somewhat of a "known problem" occuring for some ppl

we have discussed the reasons for that some pages earlier on this thread - my pre, for example, usually shuts down at 30% with uberkernel installed - sometimes its 20%, sometimes 35%

other ppl have reported similar issues and we were not able to find the real reason for this issue

after i uninstalled uberkernel everything went back to normal
    i have recently re-installed uberkernel and the problem came back - my pre usually shuts down at about 25% or something

i just gotta live with it, the speed boost is just to good to miss
    This happend two times.

Is your friend using the Seidio 1350mAh battery? If so, tell him/her/it to see this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-battery.html

And/or this one:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ll-1350-a.html

But please, report back here on what battery is acting this way. We really need to know.

M.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Did the latest update of the kernel remove the 125 and 250 clocks? I use to have a 250/800 screenstate that worked very well for me, but it was only working to 500/800.

I also had a Fixed 250 profile that no longer works

Edit: I reinstalled both Govnah and UberKernel and have no more issues.

note: screenstate 125/1005 is serious
    Last edited by schlk21; 08/15/2010 at 02:38 PM.
  6.    #1526  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Did the latest update of the kernel remove the 125 and 250 clocks? I use to have a 250/800 screenstate that worked very well for me, but it was only working to 500/800.

I also had a Fixed 250 profile that no longer works

Edit: I reinstalled both Govnah and UberKernel and have no more issues.

note: screenstate 125/1005 is serious
    UberKernel does not run at 1005MHz. I suspect you have been referring to one of the other kernels, not UberKernel.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Is your friend using the Seidio 1350mAh battery? If so, tell him/her/it to see this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-battery.html

And/or this one:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ll-1350-a.html

But please, report back here on what battery is acting this way. We really need to know.

M.
    It's the original batterie. But he cannot remember the exact circumstances (using, opened apps etc.). He is not that kind of user who pays attention on that.
    Hi,

I posted this question in a different part of the forum,...

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2610900

...and was advised to try here; so I do, hoping I'm not in serious breach of forum etiquette.

I've run my Pre Minus at 800 MHz since I found out about Uberkernel (not very long ago - May?).

Now my Pre has decided to do a really great impersonation of a brick - even though all the USB memory is still there and accessible from a PC [I used my PC to delete everything from the USB drive, as neither of the two Reset options on the bottom of the device menu worked], my Pre can't find any memory at all.
    I managed (after several dozen failed attempts) to doctor the phone (before, progress always stopped at 8%; once I let the doctor run all night, and in the morning my netbook had gone into sleep mode, and the doctor displayed a message "device could not be reset".
    Now I have all the built-in apps, and icons of all the ones I installed (all with a black "hole" in them), but the attempt to re-install any of them just leads to "this app needs xxx kB; free some memory...".

So, to cut a long story short: Does overclocking only affect the CPU, or is the memory run at higher speeds as well, leading to additional strain?

...or is my Pre just an example of inferior build quality?
    Last edited by Jochen K.; 08/16/2010 at 03:12 PM.
    If you are unable to reboot it via normal methods: hold power button for pop up, flip ringer switch back and forth three times or from device info app reset options pulling the battery is the only option left. However because the previous doctor attempt failed you will need to follow these instructions before putting the battery back in or rebooting.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    i just tried to install the uberkernal via preware on the pre, and my phone went for the reboot..and when it rebooted it just..got stuck on some bootup screen with a little icon? thats where its at now and i cant turn it off or anything. is this normal for the system to adjust to the new kernal or what? im on the normal sprint pre
  11.    #1531  
    Quote Originally Posted by xyther4523 View Post
    i just tried to install the uberkernal via preware on the pre, and my phone went for the reboot..and when it rebooted it just..got stuck on some bootup screen with a little icon? thats where its at now and i cant turn it off or anything. is this normal for the system to adjust to the new kernal or what? im on the normal sprint pre
    No, that is not normal.

Exactly what steps did you take (tools and versions please) to install UberKernel, and what previous overclocking scripts, patches or kernels have you installed in the past?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Please forgive me if this has been asked a 1000 times. I am working overtime and do not have much time to browse through 75 pages like I usually do. I waited until the last minute to update to 1.4.5 and now govnah will only let me run at 500. Also it will not show the battery temp. I uninstalled both and then reinstalled, but now uberkernal gives me an ipk error when trying to install from preware. Did I miss something these last several weeks by not paying attention to me favorite forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, that is not normal.

Exactly what steps did you take (tools and versions please) to install UberKernel, and what previous overclocking scripts, patches or kernels have you installed in the past?

-- Rod
    well i just got out of prison thursday, so im not sure what i did a year ago to the phone. i know it was rooted. when i got out, i installed the newest update for the phone, then i just did the webosquickinstall tonite and installed Preware. i have installed various txt msging patches (timestamp) and one camera patch. I then installed the uberkernal thru Preware and rebooted and thats when i got this problem

edit: all latest versions of everything. no previous overclocking scripts or kernals
    Last edited by xyther4523; 08/16/2010 at 10:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Please forgive me if this has been asked a 1000 times. I am working overtime and do not have much time to browse through 75 pages like I usually do. I waited until the last minute to update to 1.4.5 and now govnah will only let me run at 500. Also it will not show the battery temp. I uninstalled both and then reinstalled, but now uberkernal gives me an ipk error when trying to install from preware. Did I miss something these last several weeks by not paying attention to me favorite forum?
    You need to install the updated kernel. Make sure it is the 1.4.5 version- if you didn't use the feed addition method that automatically updated your feed URL, then you'll need to update it manually. You're probably trying to install the 1.4.1 kernel.
    I only know this from experience.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Wow, thanks for bringing that to my attention! Worked like a charm. When I get some time off I am gonna catch up on all these pages.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Wow so I decided to take the plunge and install Uberkernel about 10 minutes ago on my Sprint Pre. I set the screenstate 500/800 and can immeadiately tell a difference just messing around with a few apps!!! Thanks for all the hard work everyone put into making this!
    OK I have gone looking in all the places listed, even on PreWare, and can't find the kernel at all. Has it been pulled pending 1.4.5. or do I just need to learn to read? Thanks.
  18.    #1538  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    OK I have gone looking in all the places listed, even on PreWare, and can't find the kernel at all. Has it been pulled pending 1.4.5. or do I just need to learn to read? Thanks.
    There are two stable kernels in the normal feed, and a number of other alpha testing kernels in the kernel testing feed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi,

there seems to be a bug in this thread - at least two persons (myself included) can't get beyond page 77; a click on the "78" as well as a click on the "next" symbol ends back at page 77.

Regards,

Jochen (posting this from page 77, hoping it will appear in page 78)

Edit: >I now see this as the first message of page 78.

Was the 78 I saw before just a mirage, or are there now two 78s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Hi,

there seems to be a bug in this thread - at least two persons (myself included) can't get beyond page 77; a click on the "78" as well as a click on the "next" symbol ends back at page 77.

Regards,

Jochen (posting this from page 77, hoping it will appear in page 78)

Edit: >I now see this as the first message of page 78.

Was the 78 I saw before just a mirage, or are there now two 78s?
    Yeah. It happened to me on a couple of big threads. Thought it was just me.
    Live free or DIE!