Page 75 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Those running UK on sprint Pre webOS 1.4.5, can someone please let me know the version of UK?
    is it 1.4.5-x or still 1.4.1.1.-x?

TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Those running UK on sprint Pre webOS 1.4.5, can someone please let me know the version of UK?
    is it 1.4.5-x or still 1.4.1.1.-x?

TIA.
    v1.45-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Any kernel changes require a reboot. Period.
    yes,it took me a very short period of time to figure out what was going on. 2 in the morning,half asleep.
    Rod or anyone else knowledgeable,

Forgive me if it has been mentioned before, I haven't had time to read the forums since it was implemented, but is there any way to override the "default to 500 mHz" action while charging, especially on TouchStone? I haven't really had a problem with overheating (the few times were when I was in low signal strength areas), but I do sit at a desk most of the work day. The TouchStone is great for getting my battery through the day, as well as giving me a good viewing angle of my Pre. But now I'm stuck with slowness whenever I'm at work. If there is no current way to change this behavior, could that be a future iteration? Thanks for all the hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    Rod or anyone else knowledgeable,

Forgive me if it has been mentioned before, I haven't had time to read the forums since it was implemented, but is there any way to override the "default to 500 mHz" action while charging, especially on TouchStone? I haven't really had a problem with overheating (the few times were when I was in low signal strength areas), but I do sit at a desk most of the work day. The TouchStone is great for getting my battery through the day, as well as giving me a good viewing angle of my Pre. But now I'm stuck with slowness whenever I'm at work. If there is no current way to change this behavior, could that be a future iteration? Thanks for all the hard work.
    Actually, I would think that with the temperature limiter in place, throttling the clockspeed down while charging would be unnecessary since the main factor of overheating is what's being avoided when performing the throttle down. Since the temperature can designate when a throttle down should occur I would think that this would not be necessary to use this feature in future builds.
    Forgive me if aforementioned: Govnah is not showing me the Profile that I pick. It shows UNKNOWN no matter the profile picked. I updated everything else using a connection to the computer and WOSQI and do have the latest Uber Kernel but Govnah, for some reason, is not yet applying my settings (even though my saved profiles show up).
    ok ive restarted my phone several times and now im getting the phone up to 800 mhz but that is as high as it goes, should i uninstall and re install? or am i doing something wrong?
    that is as high as the public feed UK can go. if you had 1ghz support before and dont now then you need to add the testing feed and get the testing UK 1.4.5-92
    Last edited by graffix31; 08/11/2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    ahhh ok thank you
    I had the F 105 Thunderchief but it wasnt compatable with my pre after the update. So i wanted to put a kernel on. i went for uber kernel i did the luna restart and my phone keeps looping on the boot screen. I need help w/ out having to doctor because i have some work things i need to take off my pre that are very imp all i have is my car my desktop my usb and touchstone.
    a FULL restart is required not Luna. there is no reason why it should go into a boot loop with uber kernel as it is set to default to palm stock settings in the event of a unclean restart. but im sure f105 has a compatible version for 1.4.5 you prob need to update your preware feeds.
    i just did whatever reset preware said it said do u want to reset later or ok for now and i hit ok
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post
    I had the F 105 Thunderchief but it wasnt compatable with my pre after the update. So i wanted to put a kernel on. i went for uber kernel i did the luna restart and my phone keeps looping on the boot screen. I need help w/ out having to doctor because i have some work things i need to take off my pre that are very imp all i have is my car my desktop my usb and touchstone.
    I assume you've pulled your battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post
    i just did whatever reset preware said it said do u want to reset later or ok for now and i hit ok

OH NO! Someone actually read the screen AND did what it said to do!

The world is going to end! Fire and brimstone falling from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes! Volcanos! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

M.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Pull your battery. I think that always causes Uberkernel to default to 500MHz. Did you remove F105 before the update? After? Sounds like you may have managed to install Uberkernel over F105, but I'm not sure that is possible with the way Uber is designed.
    This has made my sprint Pre Stable so i can use it now. I don't see TMC! finally!
    No problems with the update just had to reboot.

Thanks Rod and WebOS-Internals!
    After the update which was last night i did , i tried to check my govnah and it sets up to 600 mot the 1 ghz as before so i removed f 105 and i wanted a kernel , went into preware downloaded uberkernel and it said restart now or later i hit now and its been like that sunce this morning
    p.s. been pulling the battery out and putting it back starting it while connected via usb and than not connected no luck
    I had a nearly Flawless update today. Thanks to WebOS Internals!!! (Another round of Fiscal Thank$ on the way at the end of the week)

One lesson I thought I'd share was that I had created my ALPHA Kernels Testing feed in Preware as: .../feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1/

I don't know if that's how I should have done it, or if I should have stopped at /testing/ and let Preware choose the sub-feed directory based on WebOS version....

Anyway, a quick edit of the feed file from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.5 fixed things so I could get the glorious 1Gz action back. I realize this will leave me in the same boat next time, but I'll play with that later to see if /testing/ is sufficient. Alternatively, I could have deleted the 1.4.1.1 kernels testing feed and added 1.4.5 as a new feed.

Just FYI in case any of you are wondering where your ALPHA Uber-Kernel went.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    OH NO! Someone actually read the screen AND did what it said to do!

The world is going to end! Fire and brimstone falling from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes! Volcanos! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

M.
    ltm ltm !!!!