Page 74 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    You're welcome!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I love 1g fixed!
    I was updating some apps in preware but I got a DNS error so I tried again and it worked fine. I noticed that preware and uber-kernel both had updates. Then I tried to update preware and that worked fine it restarted and I was going to update the uber-kernel but it disappeared. Its NOT in my app list and its not listed as installed by gonvah is able to work and function just like normal. :S I'm running the recovery kernel now and hopefully that will fix things. I just thought I should report this as a possible bug maybe?

Edit: After installing the recovery kernel everything seems back to normal I'll keep it this way as the new webOS version should be out soon hopefully.

-Toaster
    Last edited by toasterthegamer; 08/10/2010 at 08:47 PM.
    Here's a question. Palm says in the changelog that it's got some battery/power enhancements coming in this update...

What does UberKernel do in that regard? When we update, will we see any benefits from the Palm end of things? Or, Rod, do you guys do your own battery optimizations in this kernel?

If it's been posted, can someone show me where to find that information?
  5.    #1465  
    Quote Originally Posted by funktron2x View Post
    Here's a question. Palm says in the changelog that it's got some battery/power enhancements coming in this update...

What does UberKernel do in that regard? When we update, will we see any benefits from the Palm end of things? Or, Rod, do you guys do your own battery optimizations in this kernel?

If it's been posted, can someone show me where to find that information?
    The Palm stock kernel is unchanged from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.5, so the battery/power enhancements will be elsewhere, and will be orthogonal to whatever our custom kernels provide.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks Rod!

Not that I really have any complaints with UberKernel, just wasn't sure how all that stuff worked...
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Rod - After the 1.4.5 install is complete,
    Using Preware, install EFF
    Update patches, UK from preware

Are the above sequence of steps correct?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    It now happened 2 times for me, that my Pre suddenly was completely OFF. Either it shut itself down or it froze. I don't know, because I did not use it at that moment.
    I was browsing this thread tonight because I'm just now trying Uber-kernel for the first time, and wanted to mention that I've had my completely bone stock Sprint Pre (developer mode never even enabled) randomly turn itself off at all battery levels with webOS 1.4.1, so this behavior by itself is nothing new. Now, this is extremely rare (only happened 2 or 3 times in the past several months) but it usually happened when some application was locking up or becoming very unresponsive.
    after installing the update i cant get the phone higher than 600mhz is there something else i need to do to get the 1ghz working again, i cant stand the 500 mhz
    same here. i was dr. to 1.4.5 and running no problem. after the update it doesnt see the kernel. it is still installed but even after full reboots will not work as i cant change in govnah and no temp in govnah either.
  11.    #1471  
    No temperature means you do not have a correctly installed UberKernel.

Update your Preware feeds, and only ever use Preware to install, uninstall or update kernels.

-- Rod
    after I updated all my patches and my uber kernel,i could not change my profile from default. So after waiting about 30 mins to see if it would start working,,i did a reboot. It worked fine after the reboot.
  13.    #1473  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    after I updated all my patches and my uber kernel,i could not change my profile from default. So after waiting about 30 mins to see if it would start working,,i did a reboot. It worked fine after the reboot.
    Didn't Preware ask permission to reboot your phone when it updated the kernel?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Didn't Preware ask permission to reboot your phone when it updated the kernel?

-- Rod
    yes rod it did,,i pressed later. Then I updated all my patches.when that was done I did a luna restart. Did not realize at that point that that did not do it for uber.figured out 30 mins later that it needed the full restart and not just a luna restart. Thanks.
    No temperature means you do not have a correctly installed UberKernel.

Update your Preware feeds, and only ever use Preware to install, uninstall or update kernels.

-- Rod
    of course i always use preware for everything i have 1.4.5-92 installed. is there a new version for the sprint 1.4.5.1? i did restart and then updated the feeds and there was no update or anything. i thought i would be ok. do i need to uninstall it and then reinstall. i dont get the best data hear at work so i am just trying to do anything i can before having to redownload it.
    thanks.
    Since the 1.4.5 update, which went very smoothly for all my patches (thank you Preware!), UberKernel is giving me a problem. Prior to the update, I was running the latest UberKernel (at screenstate 500/1G) and all was great. Now, the "Installed Packages" list in Preware says that kernel is still installed (the description say 1G is available). However, when I tap the icon for UberKernel on the device, the description for the prior update is there, listing the max frequency as 800. In Govnah, the max frequency available is 800. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the kernel trough Preware with the same issue still there. After re installation, I was sure to restart my device. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  17.    #1477  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    of course i always use preware for everything i have 1.4.5-92 installed. is there a new version for the sprint 1.4.5.1? i did restart and then updated the feeds and there was no update or anything. i thought i would be ok. do i need to uninstall it and then reinstall. i dont get the best data hear at work so i am just trying to do anything i can before having to redownload it.
    thanks.
    I assume you have rebooted the device completely (not just restarted Luna).

If so, make sure you are using the latest Preware (1.2.7) and then uninstall UberKernel and reinstall it. I don't know it is not working for you.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  18.    #1478  
    Quote Originally Posted by My3boys1217 View Post
    Since the 1.4.5 update, which went very smoothly for all my patches (thank you Preware!), UberKernel is giving me a problem. Prior to the update, I was running the latest UberKernel (at screenstate 500/1G) and all was great. Now, the "Installed Packages" list in Preware says that kernel is still installed (the description say 1G is available). However, when I tap the icon for UberKernel on the device, the description for the prior update is there, listing the max frequency as 800. In Govnah, the max frequency available is 800. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the kernel trough Preware with the same issue still there. After re installation, I was sure to restart my device. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    I suspect you had the kernel testing feeds enabled before the update (and installed Uber1G) but for some reason do not have the testing feeds enabled after the update (so you're seeing the saved package list 1GHz testing version in Preware, but have installed the public 800MHz version).

-- Rod
    I suspect you had the kernel testing feeds enabled before the update (and installed Uber1G) but for some reason do not have the testing feeds enabled after the update (so you're seeing the saved package list 1GHz testing version in Preware, but have installed the public 800MHz version).

-- Rod
    Thanks. I checked and the testing feeds are enabled. Should I try something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    yes rod it did,,i pressed later. (...) I did a luna restart. Did not realize
    Any kernel changes require a reboot. Period.