Page 70 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1381  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzien View Post
    just installed uberkernel and govnah and now i'm looking for the donate button. ironically, that's the one thing that's hard to find in this community.
    Hmm, I guess you're right. There is no donate link in the info that comes up when you click on the UberKernel icon.

Maybe we need to add a Donate link to the menu of Govnah and our other apps ... what do people think?

The donate button is in my signature and also on Main Page - WebOS Internals ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hmm, I guess you're right. There is no donate link in the info that comes up when you click on the UberKernel icon.

Maybe we need to add a Donate link to the menu of Govnah and our other apps ... what do people think?

The donate button is in my signature and also on Main Page - WebOS Internals ...

-- Rod
    I found the donate page on your wiki. I'm not sure if it's too excessive to have it in every main thread on the front post, but that's where I first looked. I'd probably not donate through preware though... just because it seems like such a hassle to engage in precision clicking-typing for something like a financial transaction. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzien View Post
    it seems like such a hassle to engage in precision clicking-typing for something like a financial transaction.
    You could send yourself the page's link:

App Menu --> Page --> Share

:-)

M.
    a donate button in govnah is a good idea =]

im having a problem with screenstate and touchstone. after i charge on a touchstone, the minimum frequency doesnt go below 500. i have to perform a restart in order to get it working properly. btw i was using screen state 250/720
    Can anyone answer my previous question?:

I have Preware 1.2.6 and I uninstalled Uberkernel and Govnah and restarted. I opened Preware and updated the feeds (even though just launching Preware updates everything, right?). However, I still only have old versions of UberKernel (v1.4.1-87) and Govnah (v0.6.1) available.

How do I get the latest versions to show up for download?

Thanks!
    Happy to donate as soon as I can use the apps!
    I have Preware 1.2.6 and I uninstalled Uberkernel and Govnah and restarted. I opened Preware and updated the feeds (even though just launching Preware updates everything, right?). However, I still only have old versions of UberKernel (v1.4.1-87) and Govnah (v0.6.1) available.

How do I get the latest versions to show up for download?

Thanks!
    Uberkernel 1.4.1-87 as well as govnah 0.6.1 are the latest STABLE versions - it is safe to install them and you wont have problems with their funtionality

if you, for whatever reasons, really (really!) want to try out the newer (unstable, alpha) versions of the kernel (not recommended) or govnah (not that problematic), you have to add the testing feed as well as the testing kernel feed to your preware as shown here
    Oops! Didn't know that!

Thanks for the heads up, funoxeyh!
    downloaded new uberkernel with support for 1 ghz. But I can't set it in govnah. Any help
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    downloaded new uberkernel with support for 1 ghz. But I can't set it in govnah. Any help
    Reboot your phone, just like when you originally installed the UK. If you updated Govnah to v0.6.6 you'll be able to set it to 1G.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    You'll have to tap Profile, Advanced Settings, CPU frequency, and select the max frequency from there. I'm using Govnah 0.6.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by osmanmia View Post
    You'll have to tap Profile, Advanced Settings, CPU frequency, and select the max frequency from there. I'm using Govnah 0.6.1.
    You should update to v0.6.6, it now include a temperature limit setting.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I didn't have the govnah test feed. Got it now and am up and running. Thanks for help, will thank properly when at a computer
    1ghz uberkernel is rocking.. So smooth. Thanks rod and marco and all others involved, your work is much appreciated
    Dumb and quick question:

Is UberKernel available for the Pixi? I'm touching up the wiki page for UberKernel and I'm seeing if the part about it being unavailable for Pixi is still true.

Thanx!

M.
  16.    #1396  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Dumb and quick question:

Is UberKernel available for the Pixi? I'm touching up the wiki page for UberKernel and I'm seeing if the part about it being unavailable for Pixi is still true.

Thanx!

M.
    UberKernel is available for the Pixi. There is no overclocking available for the Pixi, although you can choose different governors for the original frequency ranges. Other kernel features like compcache and fixing TMC errors and temperature measurement are available. Temperature limiting is not included, cause there is no overclocking.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    UberKernel is available for the Pixi. There is no overclocking available for the Pixi, although you can choose different governors for the original frequency ranges. Other kernel features like compcache and fixing TMC errors and temperature measurement are available. Temperature limiting is not included, cause there is no overclocking.

-- Rod

By "No Over Clocking", does that include 600MHz?

M.
  18.    #1398  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    By "No Over Clocking", does that include 600MHz?

M.
    600MHz is a stock frequency for the Pixi.

-- Rod
    600MHz is a stock frequency for the Pixi.

-- Rod

Oh...

OK. Thank you Rod.

I'll mail you another shrimp for your barbie!

M.
    I seem to be experiencing some sort of excessive battery drain with the latest version of both Uber and Warthog (though this is probably just me) I seem to to have about a 400mah draw, twice what it should normally be. At one point my phone was drawing 45% battery per hour playing VBA, when historically it's been about 30%. Lastly, it's my screen that's been warming up, not the back cover where the battery and all those things covered in black tape are which has been the norm in the past, except when I'm surfing the internet using WiFi, then it warms up, which is strange as it normally didn't in the past either.

So, is this a bug on your end, or did two weeks ago my Pre suddenly decide to quit on me?