Page 66 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1301  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I added the testing feed. I still had UberKernel "installed" on my 1.4.5 GSM Pre, meaning the placeholder for the update. Now it shows a new update available: UberKernel 1.4.5-74. Is this the Kernel talked about, a working 1.4.5 UberKernel build with 1.4.1 sources? And can I simply push update in Preware to have it installed? Or should I first go back to the stock kernel?
    Yes. Yes. No.

-- Rod
    Rod, is this the first Kernel Source request that you place since the HP buyout? Do you think that the delay may be related to HP (as in new legal department?)
  3.    #1303  
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    Rod, is this the first Kernel Source request that you place since the HP buyout? Do you think that the delay may be related to HP (as in new legal department?)
    I have noticed that there is a job posting for Manager of Open Source ...

-- Rod
    I don't know if the kernal update has occured here in the US, but this morning my Palm Pre Sprint version says I'm signed out of my Palm Profile and "Just Restart" or "erase all data". Using Just Restart just brings me back to this screen again.

I updated Govnah 2 days ago, but I haven't updated the kernal since you changed the feed to it, maybe a month ago?

Any clues? Is there anyway to run the stock kernal using Putty, as I can ssh into the phone just fine.
    I suspect in general delays for 1.4.5 are due to a number of factors, if the buyout is a factor it is probably the least of them. Because 1.4.5 isn't out on all carriers yet is why I suspect the source isn't up. Are the remaining carrier users in danger of not getting 1.4.5 due to the error made with that one file?

I haven't updated to the newest uber kernel yet. I got a couple more tests on other stuff to perform before I update. Then hopefully soon I'll be looking into the new stuff that was added before. I'm also looking forward to seeing how my pre performs with 1.4.5 and uber kernel updated for it. I did toss a couple tweets to @palm when 1.4.5 first starting hitting carriers about posting the kernel source. So I guess like with 1.4.5 release we are just going to have to endure patience.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  6.    #1306  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    I don't know if the kernal update has occured here in the US, but this morning my Palm Pre Sprint version says I'm signed out of my Palm Profile and "Just Restart" or "erase all data". Using Just Restart just brings me back to this screen again.

I updated Govnah 2 days ago, but I haven't updated the kernal since you changed the feed to it, maybe a month ago?

Any clues? Is there anyway to run the stock kernal using Putty, as I can ssh into the phone just fine.
    That's the mysterious Palm Profile reset, which has even happened to people who don't run homebrew.

Whilst we have no evidence that it is kernel-related, you need to remember that overclocking any device can lead to random functionality errors ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I cannot make a screenstate kernel in govnah, I only get options for ondemand or userspace.

Am I missing something? os 1.4.1.1 and I have uberkernel 1.4.1-58 and govnah .5.0

Edit: I cannot actually change the profile in govnah, it stays at palm default.

Edit2: Fixed, unsure why but a restart of my pre fixed it. Nice development since my last use of UK and gov.
    Last edited by dunivan; 07/21/2010 at 09:15 AM.
    Hello Rod and all
    I am trying to uninstall UK 1.41-58 from my Sprint 1.41 Pre using Preware, but I get the following error:
    Unable to run command: IPKG....
    line23: can't cd to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre/additional_files
    Fatal error occurred, unable to locate tarball.

I'm tempted to run the recovery kernel, but I've read many of your posts advising against that until absolutely necessary.

I am trying to uninstall this to give F105 a test.
    Thanks
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 07/21/2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: DISREGARD.......I had moved that directory to an archive-type directory as suggested in another post.
    Currently, I'm running UberKernel 1.4.1-58 on my Sprint Palm Pre. It runs great in every sense of the word at 800 MHz. While at my office, my Pre is on its Touchstone pretty much all the time I'm at my desk. Even sitting there nearly 100% of the time, I have no CPU overheating problems.

I have not updated to UberKernel 1.4.1-74 because I see this in the release notes:

"1.4.1-74: Limited frequency to 500MHz when charging on Touchstone to prevent overheating."

As I have never, ever had any overheating problems, is there any way to override that and run at 800 MHz anyway even when on the Touchstone? Perhaps put an option in the advanced settings in Govnah, or a command line I can do in Term?
    I don't have a TS, But I believe in Govnah if you go into "profile" and change it 800 "performance" it will run at 800 all the time. I'm running os 1.4.5 with UK & Govnah.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    Quick note... opensource.palm.com now has the 1.4.5 sources:

Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post

And my damn Sprint Pre is still on 1.4.1.1?!? ***?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post

So I guess we will have the true 1.4.5 UberKernel soon (not the repackaged 1.4.1 kernel v1.4.5-74). When this is launched, will it just update the -74 ?
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
  14.    #1314  
    UberKernel 1.4.5-74 is in the Preware public webos-kernels feed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel 1.4.5-74 is in the Preware public webos-kernels feed.

-- Rod
    Thanks for putting this in the main feed so promptly.

I had 1.4.5-74 installed from the testing feed. Is this new recompiled one exactly the same or should I reinstall?

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    Currently, I'm running UberKernel 1.4.1-58 on my Sprint Palm Pre...

"1.4.1-74: Limited frequency to 500MHz when charging on Touchstone to prevent overheating."

As I have never, ever had any overheating problems, is there any way to override that and run at 800 MHz anyway even when on the Touchstone? Perhaps put an option in the advanced settings in Govnah, or a command line I can do in Term?
    I'd also prefer the previous behaviour of screenstate when on a touchstone (800MHz when on, 500MHz when idle), as I haven't got overheating problems either... O8-)
  17.    #1317  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Thanks for putting this in the main feed so promptly.

I had 1.4.5-74 installed from the testing feed. Is this new recompiled one exactly the same or should I reinstall?

Gx
    As it turns out, the kernel patch from Palm is identical for webOS 1.4.1 and webOS 1.4.5, so the only difference between what you have installed and the new package is the category change from Temporary to Stable.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  18.    #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    I'd also prefer the previous behaviour of screenstate when on a touchstone (800MHz when on, 500MHz when idle), as I haven't got overheating problems either... O8-)
    Index of /feeds/ and the Install Package feature of Preware 1.2.5 allows you to install any version of the kernel you choose.

-- Rod
    Woohoo, 800MHz again . Thanks!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    When I am at home, I have 2 radios on so 800Mhz is fine while I am on TS.

In the car, however, I have all the radios on, plus Sprint Nav system, plus music playing. Here is where I run into heating problems at 800 Mhz.

Ideally Mode Switcher would be able to switch Govnah profiles and set the CPU clock back to 500 Mhz in Car mode.

This might be a challenge due to the rapid development of Govnah and the kernels.

That's my wish list.

Thanks guys for all the super stuff you do making webOS fun while we wait for Palm to adopt some of your innovations.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē