Page 65 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1. pantiko's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #1281  
    Sorry to bother again, but I got one more question (hopefully thisll be the last)

    After loading the new feed, I get a few new Kernels and Im not to sure which one to pick... Theres the Warthog (77), the F105, the 102, Sbromwich and the Warthog (74)

    Im guessing none of these is the one Im looking for
  2. pantiko's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #1282  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I think he types better English than a lot of the native English speakers here...


    M.

    Thanks guys
  3. pantiko's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #1283  
    Im trying one more thing, Ill let you know if I got lucky this time
  4.    #1284  
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    Sorry to bother again, but I got one more question (hopefully thisll be the last)

    After loading the new feed, I get a few new Kernels and Im not to sure which one to pick... Theres the Warthog (77), the F105, the 102, Sbromwich and the Warthog (74)

    Im guessing none of these is the one Im looking for
    Pick the UberKernel. It'll either be there, or in your Updated Packages list, or in the List of Everything.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. pantiko's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #1285  
    No luck... Xanadu, I had those feeds previously loaded, I think the one I need is somewhere else, but its ok, Ill wait for Palm to release those source codes... Hope its not too long of a wait, my prprpr $was$ $a$ $Ferrari$ $and$ $now$ $it$ $feels$ $like$ $an$ $average$ $BMW$ $again$ ($which$ $is$ $a$ $car$ $I$ $love$ $too$)
  6. pantiko's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #1286  
    Rod, I see 2 UberKernel: v1.4.5-58 and v1.4.5-7... is any of these 2?
  7.    #1287  
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    No luck... Xanadu, I had those feeds previously loaded, I think the one I need is somewhere else, but its ok, Ill wait for Palm to release those source codes... Hope its not too long of a wait, my prprpr $was$ $a$ $Ferrari$ $and$ $now$ $it$ $feels$ $like$ $an$ $average$ $BMW$ $again$ ($which$ $is$ $a$ $car$ $I$ $love$ $too$)
    See the last section on http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/16/2010 at 07:52 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. pantiko's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #1288  
    Its ok Rod, I give up, Im wasting your time and that of some others, Ill check with my little brother tomorrow, hes the one that got the brains

    Still, you guys are awesome
  9. #1289  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    See the last section on [url]

    -- Rod

    That page you link to is hot stuff! I'll get it into the wiki page as soon as I can. I can't promise it'll be tonight, but I'll try.


    M.
  10. #1290  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Well, anyone using other than the predefined profiles in Govnah really needs to know what they are doing. In future versions these will be marked as Advanced Settings.

    -- Rod
    This is expected, however I was thinking about functionality. At what point does the kernel change to the new governor and settings for it? At the time it is selected from the governor list or only after the apply button is pressed? I was thinking the changes were live and because the power save bias default is zero that it would result in stability or crash issues as soon as ondemand was selected. This is the impression I get from the reports previously about ondemand. Or is this user error and the change of governor doesn't happen until the apply button is pressed? If the latter is the case then there is no need to default power save bias to one. But if the changes apply live as they are changed in govnah then powersave bias should default to one to avoid accidental arrival to the governor issue that causes it to ignore the minimum set. But this doesn't excuse the users responsibility to educate themselves for what they are doing.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  11. #1291  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Well, anyone using other than the predefined profiles in Govnah really needs to know what they are doing. In future versions these will be marked as Advanced Settings.

    -- Rod
    This is expected, however I was thinking about functionality. At what point does the kernel change to the new governor and settings for it? At the time it is selected from the governor list or only after the apply button is pressed? I was thinking the changes were live and because the power save bias default is zero that it would result in stability or crash issues as soon as ondemand was selected. This is the impression I get from the reports previously about ondemand. Or is this user error and the change of governor doesn't happen until the apply button is pressed? If the latter is the case then there is no need to default power save bias to one. But if the changes apply live as they are changed in govnah then powersave bias should default to one to avoid accidental arrival to the governor issue that causes it to ignore the minimum set. But this doesn't excuse the users responsibility to educate themselves for what they are doing.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  12.    #1292  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    This is expected, however I was thinking about functionality. At what point does the kernel change to the new governor and settings for it? At the time it is selected from the governor list or only after the apply button is pressed? I was thinking the changes were live and because the power save bias default is zero that it would result in stability or crash issues as soon as ondemand was selected. This is the impression I get from the reports previously about ondemand. Or is this user error and the change of governor doesn't happen until the apply button is pressed? If the latter is the case then there is no need to default power save bias to one. But if the changes apply live as they are changed in govnah then powersave bias should default to one to avoid accidental arrival to the governor issue that causes it to ignore the minimum set. But this doesn't excuse the users responsibility to educate themselves for what they are doing.
    Unfortunately, the only way for the settings screen to know what the settings are for each governor is to actually switch to that governor. So when you select a new governor, that particular setting (unlike all the others) is applied immediately.

    Before the ondemand governor is selected and applied, Govnah does not even know that a powersave bias setting exists, as Govnah is designed to get that information in real time from the kernel and not have any of it hard-coded in the Govnah application itself.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #1293  
    You wanted to know about issues with UberKernel in the pole mine for the most parts works just fine but when watching video with the 250/800 on demand i have since started using the 500/800 screen state and the prob went away. when i watch a video with the on demand gov. its shows lines when ever the speed changes i am sure you know about this but just wanted to bring it up
  14.    #1294  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    You wanted to know about issues with UberKernel in the pole mine for the most parts works just fine but when watching video with the 250/800 on demand i have since started using the 500/800 screen state and the prob went away. when i watch a video with the on demand gov. its shows lines when ever the speed changes i am sure you know about this but just wanted to bring it up
    We don't recommend the ondemand governor for this and other reasons.

    -- Rod
  15. #1295  
    I am running the SR-71 with no issues right now but am a little skeptical to keep it running. UK has not even added 1ghz yet. is there a time frame on adding it? Is there a reason why it is not added yet? I know there is this issue with the weak pres and i clearly have a Chuck Norris Pre which is awesome because he is my Hero, lol. But with the default to stock feature in UK on a unplanned reboot isnt it something we can allow as an option even if some cant run it? Just wondering.
    Thanks
  16.    #1296  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    I am running the SR-71 with no issues right now but am a little skeptical to keep it running. UK has not even added 1ghz yet. is there a time frame on adding it? Is there a reason why it is not added yet? I know there is this issue with the weak pres and i clearly have a Chuck Norris Pre which is awesome because he is my Hero, lol. But with the default to stock feature in UK on a unplanned reboot isnt it something we can allow as an option even if some cant run it? Just wondering.
    Thanks
    The voltages for higher frequencies have not stabilised yet (1GHz changed as recent as yesterday).

    Once they have been stable for a couple of weeks and there are lots and lots of success storeys from very effective alpha testers who follow all the alpha testing rules, then I might begin to consider it.

    -- Rod
  17. #1297  
    Makes perfect sense, thanks for the explanation Rod.
  18. #1298  
    Hi,

    Does anyone using a Bell Pre has trouble installing new kernel since the 1.4.5 update?

    I uninstalled my previous kernel (F105) using Preware before the OTA update. Now whenever I try to install a kernel from the testing feed in Preware, the following files fails the sanity check.

    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    remove
    I never had any problem installing kernel from Preware before. Does these files changes only in the Bell firmware?
  19. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #1299  
    I added the testing feed. I still had UberKernel "installed" on my 1.4.5 GSM Pre, meaning the placeholder for the update. Now it shows a new update available: UberKernel 1.4.5-74. Is this the Kernel talked about, a working 1.4.5 UberKernel build with 1.4.1 sources? And can I simply push update in Preware to have it installed? Or should I first go back to the stock kernel?
  20.    #1300  
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    Hi,

    Does anyone using a Bell Pre has trouble installing new kernel since the 1.4.5 update?

    I uninstalled my previous kernel (F105) using Preware before the OTA update. Now whenever I try to install a kernel from the testing feed in Preware, the following files fails the sanity check.



    I never had any problem installing kernel from Preware before. Does these files changes only in the Bell firmware?
    This problem should be fixed in the latest UberKernel in the testing feed.

    Otherwise, just instal the Palm recovery kernel first.

    -- Rod

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions