Page 59 of 145 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Perhaps I haven't been following as closely as I should be, but It appears that between the WarthogKernel 1.4.1-48 and -58 that (I'm currently running) the 800MHz step has gone missing? I've been working (though not enough) on http://forums.precentral.net/general...-snmp-ish.html and noticed today that the MHZ steps above 720 were no longer being graphed as of (I believe) the time I updated to from -48 to -58. The problem was that the 800MHz time in state step was missing, so I fixed up the script to fill in any holes.

But I'm curious if this was intentional and why?
    how can i overclock my palm?
  3.    #1163  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolio View Post
    Perhaps I haven't been following as closely as I should be, but It appears that between the WarthogKernel 1.4.1-48 and -58 that (I'm currently running) the 800MHz step has gone missing? I've been working (though not enough) on http://forums.precentral.net/general...-snmp-ish.html and noticed today that the MHZ steps above 720 were no longer being graphed as of (I believe) the time I updated to from -48 to -58. The problem was that the 800MHz time in state step was missing, so I fixed up the script to fill in any holes.

But I'm curious if this was intentional and why?
    As a kernel alpha tester, you have certain responsibilities.

Please read http://forums.precentral.net/2529248-post1132.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4.    #1164  
    Quote Originally Posted by marchelino View Post
    Reading the first post in any thread in which you are about to post a message is a good start ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    You might want to read this also. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...packaging.html
    Last edited by vza33; 06/29/2010 at 10:13 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Is there anyway for a mere mortal to determine what amperage your charger is sending to the device? I see that the current version drops back down to 500Mhz when it detects a 1A charger. But, here is my problem. I use an iGo charger in the car and it almost always overheats my Pre -- I am wondering if it is sending more than 1A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Is there anyway for a mere mortal to determine what amperage your charger is sending to the device? I see that the current version drops back down to 500Mhz when it detects a 1A charger. But, here is my problem. I use an iGo charger in the car and it almost always overheats my Pre -- I am wondering if it is sending more than 1A.
    According To this, it supplies 5W. I think most cigarette lighters are 5V, so, Watts / Volts = Amps: 5/5=1

(someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

M.
    In conjunction with Uber-Kernel and Govnah testing, I have virtually eliminated the "Too Many Cards" errors from my Sprint Palm Pre. However, an interesting side-effect is showing itself. Over time, my Pre does get more and more sluggish. The Govnah screen shows that the Swap value of the Memory / Swap line is continually increasing. I've never seen that drop - right now it's 218 / 99. Something is obviously leaking memory, but even using JsTop, nothing is proving to be the obvious culprit. Anyone else notice similar symptoms?
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    In conjunction with Uber-Kernel and Govnah testing, I have virtually eliminated the "Too Many Cards" errors from my Sprint Palm Pre. However, an interesting side-effect is showing itself. Over time, my Pre does get more and more sluggish. The Govnah screen shows that the Swap value of the Memory / Swap line is continually increasing. I've never seen that drop - right now it's 218 / 99. Something is obviously leaking memory, but even using JsTop, nothing is proving to be the obvious culprit. Anyone else notice similar symptoms?
    I also see the line continuously increasing. The only way I know to "revert" so far is to disable compcache, apply setting, enable compache, apply setting.
    Rod, first of all, thanks to you and the rest of the WebOS Internals team for the incredible work you've been doing. I discovered homebrew within days of getting my phone almost a year ago and I remain ever grateful for the work you all have done to make our phones better.

I'm experiencing an interesting issue with my phone's EVDO connection while running UberKernel. I saw in the version notes for the 1.4.1.1-58 that one of the previous iterations that got rolled into the latest public release included support for processor speeds lower than 500 MHz. In playing around with them, I've discovered that it seems that both the 125 MHz and 250 MHz speeds kill the EVDO connection on my device, and it can usually only be recovered by resetting the entire phone (Java Services restart doesn't do the trick). I have only used the Screenstate governor to alter the CPU clock speed, as the other governors don't interest me.

Do you have any thoughts on this? I am happy to do further testing if you would like me to. But if this is a problem isolated to my phone, I won't ask you to go out of your way to solve it. I've been very happy with Screenstate 800/500 so far, it would just be great to squeeze a little more power saving out of it.

Thanks again for the work you've been doing and the support you've given me and other Palm users.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    As a kernel alpha tester, you have certain responsibilities.
    Please read http://forums.precentral.net/2529248-post1132.html
    My apologies, for potentially confusing the other users. I followed your link and believe that is what you were trying to tell me. Unfortunately I've just spent a half hour looking for the correct thread in which to post my experience with a non-UberKernel kernel. The UberKernel appears to have an official Sticky thread. But I can not find the same for the other experimental kernels, such as Warthog and F10X. Perhaps they should be created and Stickied if they do not yet exist and it might be helpful to include links out of the first post in the UberKernel thread into these other kernels threads... It just doesn't seem appropriate to clutter up the http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/ board with countless individual threads regarding various experiences and issues with the other experimental kernel branches, perhaps I'm wrong and that is what I should have done.

Alas, Thanks you everyone for all your hard work. The ease with which homebrew on WebOS flows is what's keeping me from making my new EVO my main phone, instead the EVO remains a secondary toy for playing with.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    OK, now follow this closely.

Place your hand over a clock.

You have just over clocked your palm.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  13.    #1173  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolio View Post
    It just doesn't seem appropriate to clutter up the http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/ board with countless individual threads regarding various experiences and issues with the other experimental kernel branches, perhaps I'm wrong and that is what I should have done.
    We do prefer to keep the threads for the different alpha testing kernels separate, because they are all testing different avenues of exploration.

People keep trying to compare them, without realising that they are not actually in competition, but are all part of a wider spectrum of investigation, experimentation, stabilisation, and deployment to mainstream.

-- Rod
    "reading is fundamental"
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    I can report that one GOOD side effect of using the Uber-Kernel is that Classic from MotionApps runs MUCH better on my Pre. With far less crashes, too!

EDIT: I guess I just spoke too soon. Classic just bit the dust and crashed my entire Pre again. Luna restarted all by itself. Classic is the only program that's ever done this on my Pre. GGGRRRR!!!!
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 07/01/2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    One question,can I install UberKernel on WebOS 1.4.5?
    Anyone tried?
    Please results of temp & battery.
    Last edited by Nettwerk; 07/01/2010 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    I can report that one GOOD side effect of using the Uber-Kernel is that Classic from MotionApps runs MUCH better on my Pre. With far less crashes, too!

EDIT: I guess I just spoke too soon. Classic just bit the dust and crashed my entire Pre again. Luna restarted all by itself. Classic is the only program that's ever done this on my Pre. GGGRRRR!!!!
    What apps are you running on Classic? I run several on it, and dont have any problems with crashes, etc. The ONLY thing that really messed with Classic was Audible.. So I have pretty much given up on reading books with the Pre

Also, I stayed with SPK instead of Uber and Im wondering if that makes a difference. I have toyed with switching over, but keep hearing the voices in my head saying "If it aint broke dont fix it"
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I've definitely noticed fewer glitches in updating UK and test kernals when first removing the UK or Test kernel using Preware, Rebooting, Installing stock (recovery kernal) from Preware, Rebooting, and then using Preware to install the updated UK or Test Kernel in a fresh environment.

I recommend folks do this, if they are not going to doctor prior to changing kernels.
    I have installed Uber and Govnar and my Pre works great. I don't see a change in battery life and am very happy. Question...When the next webos upgrade is released, what is the proper procedure for installing when you have patches and uber installed???
  20.    #1180  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtrauma View Post
    I have installed Uber and Govnar and my Pre works great. I don't see a change in battery life and am very happy. Question...When the next webos upgrade is released, what is the proper procedure for installing when you have patches and uber installed???
    The last 24 hours of @webosinternals on Twitter has this information.

-- Rod