Page 57 of 145 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    awesome avatar
    a question, żAny Kernels applied through preware are OTA safe, the device will automatically go back to the default palm kernel?

this is because the new update 1.4.5....

tks
    I've been searching for awhile now.. but I can't seem to find the new UberKernel in the Preware feeds. I noticed I don't have a "webos internals kernels" feed. I have tried to add a custom feeds but get error message. Do I have to have a wi-fi connection to see feed updates? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jobito8 View Post
    a question, żAny Kernels applied through preware are OTA safe, the device will automatically go back to the default palm kernel?

this is because the new update 1.4.5....

tks
    If you are reffering to the UberKenel, it is designed to be OTA update safe. According to Rod the best strategy however would be to delay the update when it comes until we know how devices will actually respond to the update and if needed you may be instructed to remove the kernel at that time before updating.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    awesome avatar
    Thanks

About ready to switch to this updated kernel....I love how much faster it makes my phone even when I only scale up to 720 :-)
    I just updated the Govnah and Uber Kernel today. I typically charge from my laptop via USB. After upgrading I've notice that my charging is going REALLY slowly (it only charge 3% in an hour).

I've now rebooted and started battery monitor to see what the exact percent is, but I used to get just shy of 50% per hour charging (or should I say -50% drain).

Anyone else experience this with the new versions?
  8.    #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by tbetz View Post
    So it looks as though speeds above 800 mHz were rejected after testing on the F102 kernel? Govnah (today's release) only offers me 800, max now that I've installed the new UberKernel.
    Rejected is the wrong word to use here.

Kernels with frequencies over 800MHz are very recent, and have completely mixed results from alpha testers. We're yet to work out whether the kernel or the alpha testers are at fault. My money is on the latter

UberKernel is the stable mainstream release. Frequencies above 800MHz have not yet matured to the point where they are suitable for inclusion in such a release.

Please keep discussion of experimental kernels to the specific threads already available for the experimental kernels. Please keep this thread about UberKernel and the features and frequencies that it has.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/28/2010 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Rejected is the wrong word to use here.

Kernels with frequencies over 800MHz are very recent, and have completely mixed results from alpha testers. We're yet to work out whether the kernel or the alpha testers are at fault. My money is on the latter

UberKernel is the stable mainstream release. Frequencies above 800MHz have not yet matured to the point where they are suitable for inclusion in such a release.

-- Rod
    I've noticed no issues whatsoever with the newer frequencies. With the F105 w/ 24mb Compcache enabled on my Sprint Pre I noticed superior performance for unitasking (primarily with VBA, with emulation reaching 120% consistantly), and only occasional lag or stuttering when multitasking or traversing menus. Temperatures under normal performance would maintain safe tempes betwen 35C - 47C typically, with 2-3% battery drain per hour on a 2600 mAH battery and 5-8% drain per hour with heavy usage (Emulator, Ampache Mobile, sometimes both at once). I've experimented with Warthog Kernel running:

Conservative Profile:
    Min Freq: 250
    Max Freq: 1005
    Sampling Rate: 0.8
    Sampling Down Factor: 1
    Up Threshold: 65%
    Down Threshold: 15%
    Compcahe Enabled: 24MB
    Ignore Nice Load: False
    Freq Step: 35%

This has yeilded cooler temps of 23C-40C, with 1-2% dph idle/3-5% heavy usage. So for their is only mild delay when throttling up from idle to VBA, usually no more than 2-5 seconds when loading a ROM image. These kernels are yeilding superior performance and usability. I believe that these will surely be seen to outperform and over deliver over time, greater than the stock kernel hands down.
  10.    #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    I've noticed no issues whatsoever with the newer frequencies. With the F105 w/ 24mb Compcache enabled on my Sprint Pre I noticed superior performance for unitasking (primarily with VBA, with emulation reaching 120% consistantly), and only occasional lag or stuttering when multitasking or traversing menus. Temperatures under normal performance would maintain safe tempes betwen 35C - 47C typically, with 2-3% battery drain per hour on a 2600 mAH battery and 5-8% drain per hour with heavy usage (Emulator, Ampache Mobile, sometimes both at once). I've experimented with Warthog Kernel running:

Conservative Profile:
    Min Freq: 250
    Max Freq: 1005
    Sampling Rate: 0.8
    Sampling Down Factor: 1
    Up Threshold: 65%
    Down Threshold: 15%
    Compcahe Enabled: 24MB
    Ignore Nice Load: False
    Freq Step: 35%

This has yeilded cooler temps of 23C-40C, with 1-2% dph idle/3-5% heavy usage. So for their is only mild delay when throttling up from idle to VBA, usually no more than 2-5 seconds when loading a ROM image. These kernels are yeilding superior performance and usability. I believe that these will surely be seen to outperform and over deliver over time, greater than the stock kernel hands down.
    Please don't confuse new users (who don't know what all the different experimental kernels are) by posting features that are not available in UberKernel in this thread.

There are specific threads for the F105 and other experimental kernel streams which are available from the Preware kernel alpha testing feed.

Any experience reports for those kernels should be posted in those threads.

The kernels are all done by the same team, but are at very different places in the cycle of experimentation, stabilisation and deployment to mainstream, so we really prefer to keep discussion of them separate so that users who are simply looking for a mainstream overclocking solution are not confused by 10 different experimental kernels which are changing daily.

Thanks,
    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please don't confuse new users (who don't know what all the different experimental kernels are) by posting features that are not available in UberKernel in this thread.

There are specific threads for the F105 and other experimental kernel streams which are available from the Preware kernel alpha testing feed.

Any experience reports for those kernels should be posted in those threads.

The kernels are all done by the same team, but are at very different places in the cycle of experimentation, stabilisation and deployment to mainstream, so we really prefer to keep discussion of them separate so that users who are simply looking for a mainstream overclocking solution are not confused by 10 different experimental kernels which are changing daily.

Thanks,
    -- Rod
    Of course, my apologies, I will do this going forward.
    Hi, I'm new to the whole pre thing. I have had my Pre Plus for 4 days and have been diligent in my search for the programs that would make my Pre suitable for my work.

Have had a palm Treo 680 for 3 years and use it for work. No over clocking or anything of that nature on the 680.

With that in mind I want to thank all of you for all the wonderful work you have done with the installer, govnah and Uber. Has really made my transition from the Palm OS much more pleasant.

Thanks so much. Jennifer
    So I tried installing Uberkernel on my pixi but I ran into a problem. I have Govnah installed, but when I try to install I get an IPKG error.

Im clearly doing something wrong. Can anyone help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattflick819 View Post
    So I tried installing Uberkernel on my pixi but I ran into a problem. I have Govnah installed, but when I try to install I get an IPKG error.
    [IMG]

It would probably be best to post that Here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...er-kernel.html

16.    #1136  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattflick819 View Post

No, you're not doing anything wrong. Palm have released the same version number of webOS on two different carriers for the Pixi, and the kernel binaries have different checksums even though the source code is the same (probably just a recompile without changes).

Install the Palm Recovery Kernel from Preware (Pixi version), then try again.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    install the stock kernel for pixi then install uber. no need to luna restart after stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    How do you use the compcache? Should i put it on 16 or 128?
    +1
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    got a good quick question, what would the pixi be set on for the smoothest browsing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    +1
    I think this post http://bit.ly/bCd08E should answer you questions.

Good Luck