Page 55 of 145 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1081  
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    Can anyone help me? I am trying to install UberKernel (Pixi) 1.4.1-50 on my wife's freshly doctored Pixi and it is giving me this error:

Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files...
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-chuck
    Verification failed on /boot/ulmage-2.6.24-palm-chuck
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement

I am baffled because this Pixi is freshly erased and doctored. Any ideas?
    What carrier and webOS version was the doctor?

It seems that the Pixi builds for 1.4.x have slightly different kernel checksums for different carriers. We can't see any functional differences, and the kernel patches are identical, but it causes the md5sum verifications to fail.

Once we've determined what carrier and webOS version you used to make sure there isn't anything different going on there, you should be able to install the Palm recovery kernel and then install the UberKernel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sprint and it was 1.4.1.1, I believe 230.225? just downloaded this evening from palm.

Also thank you for the quick reply rwhitby!
  3.    #1083  
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    Sprint and it was 1.4.1.1, I believe 230.225? just downloaded this evening from palm.

Also thank you for the quick reply rwhitby!
    OK, you should be good to install the Palm Pixi recovery kernel from Preware, and then install UberKernel. But do a backup of your data beforehand, just in case.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    It worked, thank you Rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    I've been playing with testing feeds since kernel -31, and I've been always using ondemand 500-800 with no problems at all.

Today I've had to pull the battery out twice; first one was this morning, using -40 & Govnah 0.4.5, and the second one was 1 hour ago, using -43 & Govnah 0.4.7.

In both cases, I was running 4 to 6 programs (Preware, web browser -1 to 2-, Accuweather, messaging...) on a wifi connection and compcache was on (16MB).

After he second battery pull -the two advised ways of stopping it didn't work- I've lost some program configurations, but data is still there:
    -govnah: personal profile dissapeared, using default theme instead of the dark one, doesn't remember "update launcher icon" setting (it was off)
    -accuweather: it remembers the location, but it doesn't remember it was set to show celsius
    -mileage monitor: data is there, but it doesn't remember it was set to use liters & euros

It's a Pre.
    I've been using stock Palm kernel since the above post (8 days ago), with no hangs nor luna restarts, but some TMC errors.

Today I've installed latest UK & Govnah (-50 & 0.4.12); I've set it to ondemand 500-800MHz, 60% up_threshold, compcache enabled (default 16MB). It hanged after 3 hours of use.

It seems to work fine with compcache disabled... may this be caused because I was using SPK long time ago? If so, is next WebOS upgrade going to overwrite what's causing the problem -I'd prefer not to have to doctor it-?

TIA
  6.    #1086  
    I've been using stock Palm kernel since the above post (8 days ago), with no hangs nor luna restarts, but some TMC errors.

Today I've installed latest UK & Govnah (-50 & 0.4.12); I've set it to ondemand 500-800MHz, 60% up_threshold, compcache enabled (default 16MB). It hanged after 3 hours of use.

It seems to work fine with compcache disabled... may this be caused because I was using SPK long time ago? If so, is next WebOS upgrade going to overwrite what's causing the problem -I'd prefer not to have to doctor it-?

TIA
    If you previously used SPK, my advice is to doctor.

-- Rod
    Just wanted to post some issues i was having with the most recent UberKernel. Everytime i rebooted my phone, i would lose some of my app preferences. Not for all of them, but enough that i annoyed me, and made me uninstall.

Anyone else seen this happen before?
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  8.    #1088  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Just wanted to post some issues i was having with the most recent UberKernel. Everytime i rebooted my phone, i would lose some of my app preferences. Not for all of them, but enough that i annoyed me, and made me uninstall.

Anyone else seen this happen before?
    Is this repeatable? Can you make it happen on each and every reboot, where you don't run any other apps between the reboots?

-- Rod
    It was doing it on pretty much every reboot. I kept loosing app settings. aniWeather, drPodder, the stock Calendar app, the alarm clock, Preset Reset, and a few others i can quite think of.

I was using 500/800 screen state with 16 MB compcache, if that helps at all

11.    #1091  
    It was doing it on pretty much every reboot. I kept loosing app settings. aniWeather, drPodder, the stock Calendar app, the alarm clock, Preset Reset, and a few others i can quite think of.
    Excellent - anything that is repeatable can usually be fixed.

Please delete the /var/log/messages file, then reboot twice (making sure you can reproduce the problem on both reboots), then PM me for the email address to send that file.

-- Rod
    I actually uninstalled UberK. I may be able to get the file for you though. Would uninstalling it and re-installing mess anything up as far as logging goes?

13.    #1093  
    I actually uninstalled UberK. I may be able to get the file for you though. Would uninstalling it and re-installing mess anything up as far as logging goes?
    We want the logging of when you are able to reliably reproduce it on two boots without doing anything else (apart from verifying that it happened each time).

-- Rod

TIA
    Have you tried using a fixed speed profile 500, 600, 720 or 800 with compcache on set to 16MB? I would test each fixed speed that way and see if you are still crashing. My pre crashes if I use on demand but not with conservative or set to fixed speeds. I however decided that fixed speed 800 gave me the best results because I could detect the speed up and slow down when using scaling. If even at fixed speed of 500 with compcache on set to 16MB you experience crashing then I agree with rod:

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you previously used SPK, my advice is to doctor.

-- Rod
    Ultimately at some point even if some of us didn't use spk it probably will be a good idea to doctor just like reformat with a PC. I would assume eventually we will experience glitching due to, what's the term I'm looking for, where data migrates from files or something like that. I've had that happen to my mp3 collection on my PC. I have a md5 for the whole collection and eventually some of the files will turn up corrupt over time and I'll rip the ones that do from the CDs again. Then make a new md5 for them.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Have you tried using a fixed speed profile 500, 600, 720 or 800 with compcache on set to 16MB? I would test each fixed speed that way and see if you are still crashing.
    Thanks for the tip, but... you're late. I'm doctoring it right now (last time I did so we were still with 1.4.0) O8-)
    I posted this issue in the Internals forum, but haven't got a response - I recently had to erase all my apps and in doing so Preware (upon reinstalation) didnt recognize my installed patches. The fix for that problem was to install the patches again, "over top" of the already installed patches. However, this kernel is installed, but I have no way to get Preware (or WOSQI) to recognize it and therefore, I'm unable to remove it. can anyone tell me how to fix this? issue?
  17.    #1097  
    Quote Originally Posted by boxfier View Post
    I posted this issue in the Internals forum, but haven't got a response - I recently had to erase all my apps and in doing so Preware (upon reinstalation) didnt recognize my installed patches. The fix for that problem was to install the patches again, "over top" of the already installed patches. However, this kernel is installed, but I have no way to get Preware (or WOSQI) to recognize it and therefore, I'm unable to remove it. can anyone tell me how to fix this? issue?
    If the kernel you had installed was one that you installed from Preware, then you can simply install the Palm recovery kernel to overwrite and remove it. This only works with kernels from the WebOS Internals feeds that have been installed with Preware.

If the kernel you had installed was not one that you installed from Preware, then I would advise the doctor.

-- Rod
    If the kernel you had installed was one that you installed from Preware, then you can simply install the Palm recovery kernel to overwrite and remove it. This only works with kernels from the WebOS Internals feeds that have been installed with Preware.
    Perfect, thank you Rod.
    What carrier and webOS version was the doctor?

It seems that the Pixi builds for 1.4.x have slightly different kernel checksums for different carriers. We can't see any functional differences, and the kernel patches are identical, but it causes the md5sum verifications to fail.

Once we've determined what carrier and webOS version you used to make sure there isn't anything different going on there, you should be able to install the Palm recovery kernel and then install the UberKernel.

-- Rod
    I am having the same problem and can't install the pixi kernel.
    checksum problem.
    but i dn't install the palm recovery kernel too it says kernel not compatable with your device.
    my carrier is o2 and the version is 1.4.1.3

chris
    I've been trying for a while now to get the beta builds of the kernels, but for some reason I can never get the testing feed to show them. I've got the beta Govnah feed to show, but not the kernels. Could I get a hint as to what I'm doing wrong?