Page 54 of 145 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    I read that and it seemed too "simple", so I posed my question. Sorry and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    1) Read the first post of this thread.
    2) You should remove them via Preware's uninstall!
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I read that and it seemed too "simple", so I posed my question. Sorry and thanks.
    Sorry I just checked the first post and it doesnt seem to give a answer, I thought it did. But anyway here is the UberKernal wiki and gives a definitive answer
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:UberKernel
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Govnah 0.1.0 is released. Oil added pinch zoom the timescale on the graph, and I've fleshed out all the service methods, so he should be able to add the widgets to read and control things now

-- Rod
    +1
    +1
  5. sny
    Screenstate is a governor module which is available in 10 different kernels from WebOS Internals at the moment (1 in the public feed, 9 in the alpha testing feed).
    that might be a stupid question but how do i know which testing feed is the right one for me? (1.4.1 / 1.4.1.1 / 1.4.1.3) i'm on a o2 germany palm pre - web os 1.4.1 b202 - i suppose 1.4.1 is the right one for me?=)

i thought maybe i can't see the last number in the device info - used 1.4.1, now it works with 125mhz, nice. the behavior when i change the mhz value is a little bit changed though - the new value (max) shows up in the frequency graph only after turning the screen on and off one time.
    Last edited by sny; 06/22/2010 at 05:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sny View Post
    that might be a stupid question but how do i know which testing feed is the right one for me? (1.4.1 / 1.4.1.1 / 1.4.1.3) i'm on a o2 germany palm pre - web os 1.4.1 b202 - i suppose 1.4.1 is the right one for me?=)
    Correct. You should ONLY use a feed that is the exact same as your webOS version number.
    The good news is that Preware will check kernel you are trying to use against your version number before it installs it.
    The bad news is that if you download the ipk file and try to install it using WOSQI, you might be able to put the wrong one one. NOT RECOMMENDED!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    I only installed UberKernel and Govnah yesterday and I'm loving it. Thanks so much for all the hard work!

My only question, which I could not find an answer to in my quick search and browse session, is in regards to the screen lock page: It used to be that I had to drag the little ball to unlock the screen, before being able to use it. Now, when I push the power button that's no longer the case. I assume it has something to do with the screenstate? Is that strictly necessary or would I be able to turn the screen lock back on somehow? And if so, how? Sorry, if this has been answered elsewhere already, but 54 pages of hightech talk are quite a handful to read through.
  8.    #1068  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelas View Post
    I only installed UberKernel and Govnah yesterday and I'm loving it. Thanks so much for all the hard work!

My only question, which I could not find an answer to in my quick search and browse session, is in regards to the screen lock page: It used to be that I had to drag the little ball to unlock the screen, before being able to use it. Now, when I push the power button that's no longer the case. I assume it has something to do with the screenstate? Is that strictly necessary or would I be able to turn the screen lock back on somehow? And if so, how? Sorry, if this has been answered elsewhere already, but 54 pages of hightech talk are quite a handful to read through.
    Neither the UberKernel nor Govnah affect screen lock.

Have you ever had a previous overclocking solution of any kind installed on this device?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

So lucky... I wish I could turn that screenlock crap off and just push the power button to access my phone. Dude, I wish there was a patch for that...
    UberKernel 1.4.x-43 for Palm Pre, Pre+, Pixi and Pixi+ is now available in the kernel testing feed.

Yes, even the AT&T webOS 1.4.2 Pre+ and webOS 1.4.3 Pixi+ ...

See the descriptions in Preware for details.

Make sure you read and agree to http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2511506 before alpha testing kernels.

Apart from some possible compiler flag optimisation we're yet to add in (we're measuring +6% at 500MHz and +2% at 800MHz on the Pre with compiler flags tuned for Cortex-A8 and need to do a similar analysis for the Pixi's processor) this one is pretty close to what we would consider as an UberKernel version that is ready for the public feeds.

Govnah 0.4.7, however, still seems to have some issues with loading the right settings the first time you access the governors screen. The work-around seems to be to select another governor and then reselect the one you want. We'll want to fix that, and also clean up the settings screen with regard to compcache settings, and also enable sticky compcache settings, before we go to the public feeds with UberKernel 1.4.x-43+ or Govnah 0.4.7+ ...

Govnah also has a quirk where if you had it set at 800/800, then when it tries to lower the maximum frequency to 720 it fails (cause the kernel says it's already at a minimum of 800, so you can't set it lower than the minimum), so we need to do some special logic in either the app or the service code to set things in the right order (minimum first if you're going lower, maximum first if you're going higher).

-- Rod
    UBERKERNEL for pixi plus currently won't install on UK pixi plus from o2. it runs 1.4.1.3 but it says kernel not compatable.

do you know about this?
  11.    #1071  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    UBERKERNEL for pixi plus currently won't install on UK pixi plus from o2. it runs 1.4.1.3 but it says kernel not compatable.

do you know about this?
    I do now

We'll add support for 1.4.1.3 in the next version.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Just installed Uber-Kernel 1.4.1-50 on my Sprint Pre. It appears to have made freeTether and Mobile Hotspot (ssshhh, don't tell Sprint) stop functioning. Tried to use them today, but when I wirelessly connect my laptop, it just sits around for a bit with the wireless not responding and then disconnects. Mobile Hotspot on my Pre shows the MAC address of my laptop connected instead of its machine name. Also, when the connection is initially established, the cellular data connection appears to be lost for a bit. The "EV" icon disappears from the screen, then comes back a little bit later. Shortly after it comes back is when the WiFi connection disconnects.

Was there anything in the -50 Uber-Kernel that would have caused this?

are you testing with the charge cord plugged in? when you push the power buttom to turn your screen back on, if you are not plugged in, it should give you the lock button to slide up, but if you are charging, it should just turn on..

SJ
  14.    #1074  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    Just installed Uber-Kernel 1.4.1-50 on my Sprint Pre. It appears to have made freeTether and Mobile Hotspot (ssshhh, don't tell Sprint) stop functioning. Tried to use them today, but when I wirelessly connect my laptop, it just sits around for a bit with the wireless not responding and then disconnects. Mobile Hotspot on my Pre shows the MAC address of my laptop connected instead of its machine name. Also, when the connection is initially established, the cellular data connection appears to be lost for a bit. The "EV" icon disappears from the screen, then comes back a little bit later. Shortly after it comes back is when the WiFi connection disconnects.

Was there anything in the -50 Uber-Kernel that would have caused this?
    Does it happen if you reinstall -43 ?

Please do a controlled test by removing -50, installing -43, testing, removing -43, installing -50, testing, and then repeating that again three times, all without changing anything else on the phone or in your environment.

Note that going to these lengths to debug and reproduce is part the expectations of alpha testers ...

-- Rod
    Does it happen if you reinstall -43 ?

Please do a controlled test by removing -50, installing -43, testing, removing -43, installing -50, testing, and then repeating that again three times, all without changing anything else on the phone or in your environment.

Note that going to these lengths to debug and reproduce is part the expectations of alpha testers ...

-- Rod
    No, -43 works fine.

Original install of -50 was done via Update from -43 in Preware v1.1.4.

Per your note about alpha testers, I'd already started that. Wanted to put out an initial "heads up" message to get feel if anything else was changed or anyone had the same issue.

webOS Quick Install was used for uninstalls/reinstalls.
    Procedure:
    Uninstall -50, reboot.
    Reinstall -43, reboot, test - PASSED.
    Uninstall -43, reboot.
    Reinstall -50, reboot, test - PASSED.
    Uninstall -50, reboot.
    Uninstall -43, reboot.
    Uninstall -50, reboot.
    Uninstall -43, reboot.

So, it appears the original Update operation with Preware fouled something up somehow.
  16.    #1076  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    No, -43 works fine.

Original install of -50 was done via Update from -43 in Preware v1.1.4.

Per your note about alpha testers, I'd already started that. Wanted to put out an initial "heads up" message to get feel if anything else was changed or anyone had the same issue.

webOS Quick Install was used for uninstalls/reinstalls.
    Procedure:
    Uninstall -50, reboot.
    Uninstall -43, reboot.
    Uninstall -50, reboot.
    Uninstall -43, reboot.
    Uninstall -50, reboot.
    Uninstall -43, reboot.

So, it appears the original Update operation with Preware fouled something up somehow.
    Thanks for doing the tests. Whilst I'm glad that it's not a systematic problem with -50 (which I consider close to being release quality, other than some screenstate functionality updates that Marco is planning), having something go wrong for an unknown reason is always an uneasy feeling.

-- Rod
    When uninstalling Uber-Kernel, do you HAVE to install the recovery kernel to "go back to normal" or can you just uninstall Uber-Kernel?
  18.    #1078  
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonny View Post
    When uninstalling Uber-Kernel, do you HAVE to install the recovery kernel to "go back to normal" or can you just uninstall Uber-Kernel?
    As long as you have never run any other kernel other than those you got from Preware, uninstalling kernels that you have installed from Preware is sufficient to return to the previous state.

If you have ever run kernels that you did not install from Preware, then you should use the webOS Doctor before installing UberKernel.

-- Rod
    have to confess I am using warthog at 1005mhz but see no bugs to prevent UK absorbing most of the current alpha. Great job. Really no heat issues at all.
    I wouldn't want to drive around town (the desert) with the phone charging at max speed but luckily unix, rod, et al, have already thought of that.

I will watch the temps when out and about though, as the outside temp could easily be 40F hotter than room temps.
    Can anyone help me? I am trying to install UberKernel (Pixi) 1.4.1-50 on my wife's freshly doctored Pixi and it is giving me this error:

Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files...
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-chuck
    Verification failed on /boot/ulmage-2.6.24-palm-chuck
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement

I am baffled because this Pixi is freshly erased and doctored. Any ideas?