Page 52 of 145 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Trident,
    This took me a bit to figure out last night, too. You have to add a third testing feed - the Webos kernels testing feed.

I used: Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1/
    and it worked.

If you go to the web address : Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/ , you see the available feeds for each version of WebOS. There is a 1.4.5 feed that is blocked for now. (I get a 403 - Forbidden error).

I assume that when the 1.4.5 update comes out, that feed will be enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You have to add the testing feeds to PreWare see the kernels.
    I see. Now... I tried to use the .../testing/ root feed, but got an error. My guess is that I need to use .../testing/1.4.1.1. It looks like there is a 1.4.3 feed as well, but it's on 1.4.3-0; Should I assume that is not for US Sprint users?

I just got it. Typed exactly instead of taking the "shortcut" that I originally did. Very nice.
    Last edited by Trident; 06/19/2010 at 02:24 PM.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    using screenstate 250/720 with compcache 24mb my 'idle' battery usage is pretty crappy +-10% an hour in poor signal areas. I guess i'll try 16mb would that help?.... I hope. Or maybe after everything smooths out you'll be optimizing power usage? It would also be very helpful if the charging mode defaulted to 500mhz or was user defined, but I realize that is more code. I want minimum mhz when the screen is off, but don't enjoy it while charging.
  3.    #1023  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Rod: Why the name change to "Warthog"?
    There is no name change - read the Homepage link (like everyone should before installing any package) for details.

-- Rod
  4.    #1024  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    My Pre has been hanging pretty regularly with the latest testing Uberkernel and Govnah. It didn't start until I installed the version of Uberkernel that had compcache built in. Incidentally, I couldn't use the Starfighter (F104) kernel because it would cause the same issues. I think it might be a problem with Compcache. Could this be caused because I have JSTOP installed?

I love Govnah and Uberkernel but I can't use anything except the default governor it until I figure out this hang issue.
    compcache has absolutely no effect until it is specifically enabled.

Have you ever had any other kernel or overclocking solution other than UberKernel or F10x on your device?

-- Rod
    I am going to assume that when your memory/swap is 220/0 mb that is not a good thing right?
  6.    #1026  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am going to assume that when your memory/swap is 220/0 mb that is not a good thing right?
    That means you're using 220MB out of 244 (assuming a Pre) and not using any swap yet. Completely normal.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That means you're using 220MB out of 244 (assuming a Pre) and not using any swap yet. Completely normal.

-- Rod
    mine is at 233/77 how much swap can i go overall?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Thanks I am trying to figure out the right settings I had screenstate and compcahe enable with 20 mb and with the phone app, procrastinator and messaging I got the TMC error repeatedly when trying to open Preware.

Doing a reboot now to see if it was just a fluke.

I had been running f102 Delta Dagger and hadn't see the TMC error in so long I was shocked when it came up.
    Last edited by mamouton; 06/19/2010 at 07:34 PM.
  9.    #1029  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks I am trying to figure out the right settings I had screenstate and compcahe enable with 20 mb and with the phone app, procrastinator and messaging I got the TMC error repeatedly when trying to open Preware.

Doing a reboot now to see if it was just a fluke.

I had been running f102 Starfighter and hadn't see the TMC error in so long I was shocked when it came up.
    f102 has the TMC error handling completely disabled. Uber has it enabled, but modified to take into account the swap space available.

You can see what is available in /proc/meminfo

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    There is no name change - read the Homepage link (like everyone should before installing any package) for details.

-- Rod
    What home page link?
    One of the links on Main Page - WebOS Internals ?
    I saw that name on one of the kernels as well, but didn't want to be the one to ask.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    compcache has absolutely no effect until it is specifically enabled.

Have you ever had any other kernel or overclocking solution other than UberKernel or F10x on your device?

-- Rod
    I haven't. I haven't even had F104 on this phone. I doctored it after I tried F104 because of the instability. After doctoring - I installed Preware, then Uberkernel. Everything was great until I installed the versions of uberkernel with compcache built in. Were there any other changes made? What about changes to Govnah at around the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I haven't. I haven't even had F104 on this phone. I doctored it after I tried F104 because of the instability. After doctoring - I installed Preware, then Uberkernel. Everything was great until I installed the versions of uberkernel with compcache built in. Were there any other changes made? What about changes to Govnah at around the same time?
    Try F102 then. It sounds like your hardware doesn't like the extreme low speeds the others default to.

M.
  13.    #1033  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    What home page link?
    One of the links on Main Page - WebOS Internals ?
    I saw that name on one of the kernels as well, but didn't want to be the one to ask.
    In Preware, in the detailed information page for each package, there is a Homepage link.

That is the first place you should look for information before posting. Especially if you are an alpha tester.

It usually points to a wiki page on webos-internals.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Try F102 then. It sounds like your hardware doesn't like the extreme low speeds the others default to.

M.
    That was it. The kernels that enable Compcache also enabled slower than 500 speeds. When I set up a custom profile of 800-500 (screenstate) with Compcache enabled that fixed the problem.

Thanks everybody.
    from what I read about the warthog, it only says the difference between it with uk is that its 6% faster than the 500 frequency speed?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

is it safe to go over the 24 mb swap? Or is 24mb the safest?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

does the swap memory get cleaned out the same way the actual memory does? Because I was getting the TMC error wiithout having any cards open amd govnah was showing 90 something swap used, don't remember the amount of memory it had
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I've been using compache memlimit set to 32MB or by swap did you mean something else? Not sure what "safe" is, I haven't had any issues with normal usage of my pre at that setting. The only problem I have encountered so far is trying to load a web page I'm 90% certain is beyond what the pre can handle despite compcache. I intend on testing and seeing what happens if I set it to the 128MB and load the same page. I also intend on incrementing up the size to see performance differences over several days each. I believe I'm on day three with 32MB set.

Today's testing was almost 2.5 hours of playing assassin's creed. Not intentional mind you I got carried away playing it. At that point I got too many cards pop up. compacache on and set to 32MB. I suspect that assasin's creed may have a tiny memory leak or it could be more generic and be due to something behind the scenes for 3D games. I plan on testing the other 3D games I bought and see what happens. I have heroes of sparta, dungeon hunter, and monopoly.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    uber-kernel != warthog.

See here for more information about warthog (HINT: it's a testbed. Use it at your own risk).

Application:WarthogKernel - WebOS Internals
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
  20.    #1040  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    There is no safety issue associated with the compcache-memlimit parameter. It cannot hurt your hardware, and if you're running a custom overclocking kernel then you've already agreed to the condition that your data may be lost or corrupted at any time.

-- Rod