Page 48 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #941  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    I had the Super Kernel installed, I uninstalled it by installing the Palm Default Kernal in Preware.... what that a bad idea
    Yes, a very bad idea.

A recovery kernel is not how you correctly uninstall a previous overclocking solution.

Your LunaSysMgr binary (among other things) is likely to still be patched, along with other files in /etc/event.d (depending on when you installed SPK) and if it is a patched webOS 1.4.0 version it will be stopping your Universal Search from workin. If you leave it like that for the next webOS version, all bets are off on what might happen.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Anyone who is alpha testing UberKernel 1.4.x-37, please update to Govnah 0.4.5 because it will highlight any errors in inserting the kernel module and enabling the compressed swap.

If you get an error, then disable compcache and try to enable it again. There's a timing problem in there for the first time it seems and Govnah 0.4.5 while alert you to it.

Please re-run any tests after Govnah 0.4.5 has been used to enable compcache.

-- Rod
    Yep, that's the timing issue I've referred to elsewhere.

Disable compcache, apply settings, re-enable compcache, apply settings. It should pretty much always work the second time.

-- Rod
    Thank you. I found where you referred to that elsewhere now, I apologize for overlooking. You are correct that it worksl, that explains why it was kind of hit and miss for me sometimes.
    Uber-Kernel -38 and Govnah 0.4.5 are working great!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Installed UK v1.4.1-38 and Govnah v.0.4.5 without a hitch. I got a tmc error at the end of this stack of cards...calendar, contacts, email, camera, bad kitty, & dragon game. Should I raise the memlimit higher than 16mb?

Governer: Screenstate
    Min Freq: 125
    Max Freq: 800
    Compcache Enabled: True
    Compcache Memlimit: 16MB

The only setting that I changed in the screenstate governer was "Compcache Enabled". I left the memlimit alone at 16MB.

What is the recomended limit for Sprint Palm Pre 8gb?
    Yes, a very bad idea.

A recovery kernel is not how you correctly uninstall a previous overclocking solution.

Your LunaSysMgr binary (among other things) is likely to still be patched, along with other files in /etc/event.d (depending on when you installed SPK) and if it is a patched webOS 1.4.0 version it will be stopping your Universal Search from workin. If you leave it like that for the next webOS version, all bets are off on what might happen.

-- Rod
    Ahh, ok..... is there a way to see if my phone is messed up? Universal search appears to be working, any tests I can do. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Yep, that's the timing issue I've referred to elsewhere.

Disable compcache, apply settings, re-enable compcache, apply settings. It should pretty much always work the second time.

-- Rod
    I had the same error and used the same fix
    Where is Govnah 4.5 (Preware lists only 4.2) and should I move from 4.2 to 4.5?
    Where are 4.3, 4.4? Were they interim builds that were in-house only?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    You need to install the testing feeds to get them. following these links to add the testing feeds:

1. Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    2. Once done, make sure you also install the testing Kernel feed: Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/ [+your webOS Version]

then you should be able to download the latest Govnah and UberKernel...but again, be advised that these are TESTING FEEDS!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Per the twitter comment that "BTW, now that we have unclean-shutdown-safe sticky profiles, UberKernel 1.4.x-39 in alpha testing now allows screenstate minimums < 500MHz" ( Twitter / WebOS Internals: BTW, now that we have uncl ... ), I installed 1.4.1.1-39 and have Govnah 0.4.5 runnung. I set my governor to screenstate 250 min / 800 max (with compcache enabled at a 16MB limit), and I am running a Sprint Palm Pre

However, I still can not get my Freq to get below 500... I have tested this the only way i know how: (1) drop the screen brightness to 1, and (2) at screen at 25, when i turn off the screen and turn it back on, i can see it still say "500" for a split second before switching back to 800...

any thoughts?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  9.    #949  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/govnah.git/tags

Everything that WebOS Internals does is open and transparent for anyone to track, build, test etc.

With the information at git.webos-internals.org, you can completely replicate everything we do (and the open source licenses we use specifically allow anyone to do so).

There is no such concept as "in-house" in open source development.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    This time around I did not run No-Doze for WebOS and everything seems to be running fine.

Looks like I need to find another method to keep my screen on.
    Since the last couple of messes I've helped people clean up as a result of SuperPreKernel, I'm now advising anyone who has ever had it on their device to do a full webOS Doctor before using UberKernel.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

OK, good idea, I'll do it tonight.

I've not used the Doctor before, and despite a quick search I can't find any posts on it (I'm sure there are loads), so as many others might want to know the same question, could you remind me what user data is removed by a full webos doctor ?

Thanks

ps I'm using UberKernel with no obvious problems at the moment. Would you suggest removing it before I visit the doctor?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/govnah.git/tags

Everything that WebOS Internals does is open and transparent for anyone to track, build, test etc.

With the information at git.webos-internals.org, you can completely replicate everything we do (and the open source licenses we use specifically allow anyone to do so).

There is no such concept as "in-house" in open source development.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

Sorry if I offended, I was merely using "in-house" instead of saying "beta builds that were tested by the regular crew that are part of the defacto beta testing team" or something like that.

Thanks for your and the testing team's hard work. I appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I installed 1.4.1.1-39 and have Govnah 0.4.5 runnung. I set my governor to screenstate 250 min / 800 max (with compcache enabled at a 16MB limit), and I am running a Sprint Palm Pre

However, I still can not get my Freq to get below 500... I have tested this the only way i know how: (1) drop the screen brightness to 1, and (2) at screen at 25, when i turn off the screen and turn it back on, i can see it still say "500" for a split second before switching back to 800...

any thoughts?
    I am using uk 1.4.1.1-38 and Govnah 0.4.5 and my scaling drops to 125 with 1% brightness. The scaling jumps to 800 after adjusting the brightness higher. In fact it takes like 2 minutes to get the brightness backup because the unit is just crawling at 125.
    Last edited by kdogokc; 06/17/2010 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdogokc View Post
    I am using uk 1.4.1.1-38 and Govnah 0.4.5 and my scaling drops to 125 with 1% brightness. The scaling jumps to 800 after adjusting the brightness higher. In fact it takes like 2 minutes to get the brightness backup because the unit is just crawling at 125.
    Known issue with the way the kernel interprets the screen state.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    using 1.4.1-39 according to the UK "app" and my pre doesn't scale below 500MHZ using the screenstate set at 250 or 125 for a minimum. verified by checking the cpu time ouput on the command line.
    Code:
    800000 0
    720000 53124
    600000 0
    550000 0
    500000 16725
    250000 0
    125000 0
    I am seeing the same thing. Have it set to 125 but it wont go below 500 according to command line.
    Where can I find the UberKernel version everyone is using that is capable of allowing me to tinker with the Compcache. Ive been looking for literally and hour and all I've come up with is the fact that I need to be using the Alpha version. However, I can't find that anywhere. Any help?
    Question: People are using 1.4.1.1-39, etc., as UK alpha version number. I only see 1.4.1-39 on the feed, not 1.4.1.1. Have I done the correct install for webos 1.4.1.1 if I use 1.4.1-39?
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyNYR View Post
    Where can I find the UberKernel version everyone is using that is capable of allowing me to tinker with the Compcache. Ive been looking for literally and hour and all I've come up with is the fact that I need to be using the Alpha version. However, I can't find that anywhere. Any help?
    Look up 5 or 6 posts above you for the links for the testing feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    You need to install the testing feeds to get them. following these links to add the testing feeds:

1. [url= Feeds - WebOS Internals[/url]
    2. Once done, make sure you also install the testing Kernel feed: [url= of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/[/url] [+your webOS Version]

then you should be able to download the latest Govnah and UberKernel...but again, be advised that these are TESTING FEEDS!
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Question: People are using 1.4.1.1-39, etc., as UK alpha version number. I only see 1.4.1-39 on the feed, not 1.4.1.1. Have I done the correct install for webos 1.4.1.1 if I use 1.4.1-39?
    Where do you see this? I added both the Testing/All and the Testing/armv7 feeds but I still can't find the 1.4.1-39 version.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Look up 5 or 6 posts above you for the links for the testing feeds.
    I added both of those feeds already and still can't find it. When I first added them an update for Govnah came up, but nothing for Uber-Kernel.

2nd Edit: I read through the post again and I realized that I skipped the step about adding the Kernel feed. I guess that's what I get for skimming through instead of actually reading. Hopefully that does it for me, thank you.