Page 40 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090140 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #781  
    i'm using the ueberkernel and govnah app for a week now but i have noticed that wghen using the scaling govenors like ondemand the min_freq value is ignored. i set min to 250 but from the time_in state file i can see that the cpu is 50% of the time in 125 mhz..
    sometimes the phone crashes over night.. i think thois could be related to the 125 mnz setting.
    is there a way to disable the 125mhz operation point completely?
  2. #782  
    Quote Originally Posted by mastalee3k View Post
    i'm using the ueberkernel and govnah app for a week now but i have noticed that wghen using the scaling govenors like ondemand the min_freq value is ignored. i set min to 250 but from the time_in state file i can see that the cpu is 50% of the time in 125 mhz..
    sometimes the phone crashes over night.. i think thois could be related to the 125 mnz setting.
    is there a way to disable the 125mhz operation point completely?
    Actually the issue (IIRC) is that scaling BELOW 500mhz does not work properly; especially in the ondemand governor. I know there is a larger discussion concerning this point in the thread.
  3. thornev's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #783  
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    My Govnah is not showing temperature read out and it is not giving options to overclock past 600mhz..

    I have installed and reinstalled kernal and govnah and restarted after each and still I am limited..


    Please help.
    Make sure you do the opt+sym+R restart and not just a Luna restart. The latter isn't enough. thorne
  4. #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by mastalee3k View Post
    but i have noticed that wghen using the scaling govenors like ondemand the min_freq value is ignored. i set min to 250 but from the time_in state file i can see that the cpu is 50% of the time in 125 mhz..
    This is a known issue. I think it's a bug in Palm's kernel code. Anyway, to fix it, set the Powersave Bias to a value other than zero. And don't forget to hit "Apply Settings." It will then respect your min value setting.
  5. #785  
    I've installed Govnah v0.3.0 and UberKernel and have set the governor to 'conservative' (original setting).

    I only have Govnah open along with Radiotime. My temperature at one point got up to 52 degrees. I started getting worried and closed Radiotime. Should I be worried?

    Note that my frequency is b/t 720 and 800.
    Last edited by lsuinhouston; 05/28/2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Added a note
  6. #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Make sure you do the opt+sym+R restart and not just a Luna restart. The latter isn't enough. thorne
    I restarted with opt+sym+R .. I just uninstalled and re-installed everything again restarting after each, and my govnah is still not what it is suppose to be..

    What am I doing wrong??

    I dont see the "conservative" profile either, all I have is
    Profile: uknown/ palm default
    Governor: userspace/ on demand
    frequency: 125-600mhz
    Temp: "..." (shows nothing but that, no graph)
    load avg: 2.37 4.09 2.25

    I even tried the preferences "manual enter" to change it to 800000 and it reverted back to 600000.

    Also "use dashboard" option in pref is grayed out and stuck on "no" i cant change it to "yes"
    Last edited by toofast4yourazz; 05/28/2010 at 04:39 PM.
  7. #787  
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    I restarted with opt+sym+R .. I just uninstalled and re-installed everything again restarting after each, and my govnah is still not what it is suppose to be..

    What am I doing wrong??

    I dont see the "conservative" profile either, all I have is
    Profile: uknown/ palm default
    Governor: userspace/ on demand
    frequency: 125-600mhz
    Temp: "..." (shows nothing but that, no graph)
    load avg:

    I even tried the preferences "manual enter" to change it to 800000 and it reverted back to 600000.

    Also "use dashboard" option in pref is grayed out and stuck on "no" i cant change it to "yes"
    Have you used any other overclocking patches in the past?
  8. #788  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    I've installed Govnah v0.3.0 and UberKernel and have set the governor to 'conservative' (original setting).

    I only have Govnah open along with Radiotime. My temperature at one point got up to 52 degrees. I started getting worried and closed Radiotime. Should I be worried?

    Note that my frequency is b/t 720 and 800.
    Yes, anything over 49C is cause for concern. I would recommend trying Screenstate 500 and 800.

    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    I restarted with opt+sym+R .. I just uninstalled and re-installed everything again restarting after each, and my govnah is still not what it is suppose to be..

    What am I doing wrong??

    I dont see the "conservative" profile either, all I have is
    Profile: uknown/ palm default
    Governor: userspace/ on demand
    frequency: 125-600mhz
    Temp: "..." (shows nothing but that, no graph)
    load avg: 2.37 4.09 2.25

    I even tried the preferences "manual enter" to change it to 800000 and it reverted back to 600000.

    Also "use dashboard" option in pref is grayed out and stuck on "no" i cant change it to "yes"
    Did you install the proper version for the OS you are running? If you have an AT&T Pre you should have installed the 1.4.2 version of the kernel for example.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  9. #789  
    I dont think so, I had cpu600mhz patch awhile back, but then i got new phone because I had a "phone offline" glitch and sprint swaped out my phone.
    I dont think I installed it back when I got new one.
  10. #790  
    my uberkernal is version 1.4.1 ...

    where is 1.4.2? I dont have att thought, I am sprint (non pre+)
  11. #791  
    Quote Originally Posted by mastalee3k View Post
    i'm using the ueberkernel and govnah app for a week now but i have noticed that wghen using the scaling govenors like ondemand the min_freq value is ignored. i set min to 250 but from the time_in state file i can see that the cpu is 50% of the time in 125 mhz..
    sometimes the phone crashes over night.. i think thois could be related to the 125 mnz setting.
    is there a way to disable the 125mhz operation point completely?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatMatthew View Post
    This is a known issue. I think it's a bug in Palm's kernel code. Anyway, to fix it, set the Powersave Bias to a value other than zero. And don't forget to hit "Apply Settings." It will then respect your min value setting.
    Some devices are unstable when using speeds under the stock speed. This may also be the case for scaling but I have not conclusively determined that yet. But this is why we experiment with speeds and governor settings to find what works best for each persons device. I'm still experimenting with mine, been doing so since the govnah app started.

    Yes it is a known issue but it isn't a bug specific to palm's implementation of the kernel code but rather a bug in general with the kernel. The work around is correct changing powersave bias to anything but zero will avoid the minimum getting ignored.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  12. #792  
    sorry if this has been addressed, but I recently DR'd my Pre and have since reinstalled uber kernal and govnah. But according to govnah when i am using screenstate 800 and turn the screen off, I am stuck on 500 till i change it on my own... defeats the whole purpose.... any ideas?

    This device has used it correctly before

    Is it possible a patch is causing conflict? I have tried uninstalling both govnah and uberkernal and then reinstalling them. This did not change the issue...
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 05/28/2010 at 07:07 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  13.    #793  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Yes, anything over 49C is cause for concern. I would recommend trying Screenstate 500 and 800.
    The safe limits for internal CPU temperature have not been determined in any scientific way as of yet. The colours of the Govnah icons are considered to be a very conservative safe first guess.

    Note that I was able to get my internal CPU temperature over 50C by fully loading the CPU at the stock 600MHz frequency.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    sorry if this has been addressed, but I recently DR'd my Pre and have since reinstalled uber kernal and govnah. But according to govnah when i am using screenstate 800 and turn the screen off, I am stuck on 500 till i change it on my own... defeats the whole purpose.... any ideas?

    This device has used it correctly before

    Is it possible a patch is causing conflict? I have tried uninstalling both govnah and uberkernal and then reinstalling them. This did not change the issue...
    You mean when the screen is on you're still at 500?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  15. #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The safe limits for internal CPU temperature have not been determined in any scientific way as of yet. The colours of the Govnah icons are considered to be a very conservative safe first guess.

    Note that I was able to get my internal CPU temperature over 50C by fully loading the CPU at the stock 600MHz frequency.

    -- Rod
    I understand that, and at the same time many people seem to be staying at a range between 28 - 38C by using the screenstate or performance goveners for example, without scaling, even running 800Mhz straight. This was all I was trying to relate. At these settings I've experiened the same thing and get nervous when my Pre goes over 49C, safe or not.
    Last edited by vza33; 05/28/2010 at 08:15 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  16.    #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I understand that, and at the same time many people seem to be staying at a range between 28 - 30C by using the screenstate or performance goveners for example, without scaling, even running 800Mhz straight. This was all I was trying to relate. At these settings I've experiened the same thing and get nervous when my Pre goes over 49C, safe or not.
    I fully agree that keeping it at cooler temperatures is better for the device.

    Getting nervous at higher temps is justified, but I just didn't want people to think that shooting up to 60C for a couple of seconds is going to immediately fry their device.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    You mean when the screen is on you're still at 500?
    correct.

    I get 800mzh when i apply the settings in govnah, when the screen goes off it drops to 500mhz, when i turn it back on govnah says i'm at 500mhz.

    It appears it is only the screen state with issues. Setting userstate to 800/800 sticks. The screen state is in govnah right? If that is the only govnah not working correctly, how can i "reinstall" the screenstate govnah and be sure not to have issues again?
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 05/28/2010 at 08:05 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  18. #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I fully agree that keeping it at cooler temperatures is better for the device.

    Getting nervous at higher temps is justified, but I just didn't want people to think that shooting up to 60C for a couple of seconds is going to immediately fry their device.

    -- Rod
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    correct.

    I get 800mzh when i apply the settings in govnah, when the screen goes off it drops to 500mhz, when i turn it back on govnah says i'm at 500mhz.
    Why don't you try the performance govenor with the same speed settings and see how that works.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  19. #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I agree.


    Why don't you try the performance govenor with the same speed settings and see how that works.
    what is the differance between screen state and performance?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  20. #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    what is the differance between screen state and performance?
    Performance leans toward the higher speed setting. Also I meant to mention before that Govnah readings go dormant in minimized card view, you have to have it fully opened to see what is currently going on.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions