Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Just a small question.. wouldn't it be nice to have the scaling inside the govnah app? Just a thought..
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    Just a small question.. wouldn't it be nice to have the scaling inside the govnah app? Just a thought..
    Indeed it would. And it will.

Perhaps you didn't notice the 0.0.7 version number

This is open source development - release early, release often.

Our focus is on measurement first, so that we can characterise the kernel safely and accurately when we come to controlling it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #63  
    Govnah 0.1.0 is released. Oil added pinch zoom the timescale on the graph, and I've fleshed out all the service methods, so he should be able to add the widgets to read and control things now

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I want to install this after having some strange issues with the "first gen" 800mhz patch. I got most of everything uninstalled, except WOSQI still shows an 800mhz ipk. Every time I try to delete it I get 2 error boxes. One that just says "error" and another one saying "error : lunasysmgr - no process killed"

Then my phone reboots and the ipk is still there.

Terminal shows it running at the stock speed so I know it isn't being used... just can't delete it!

I was trying to run the repair utility, but I am at work and for some reason I keep getting an 'error 5' and it also displays that repair utility can't determine my phones O.S. version... using the newest repair utility, current doctor file, and WOSQI is the newest.

I'm guessing I'll be taking a trip to the doctor tonight..
    Last edited by fastamx79; 04/22/2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: fixed spelling mistakes
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Indeed it would. And it will.

Perhaps you didn't notice the 0.0.7 version number

This is open source development - release early, release often.

Our focus is on measurement first, so that we can characterise the kernel safely and accurately when we come to controlling it.

-- Rod
    Thank you so much Rod. Of course I recognized and take your time.
    Was just a little hint on what I would like to see in a future version.. Whenever that will be..

Anyway great work guys and you make this phone so much better..!!

Alex
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I want to install this after having some strange issues with the "first gen" 800mhz patch. I got most of everything uninstalled, except WOSQI still shows an 800mhz ipk. Every time I try to delete it I get 2 error boxes. One that just says "error" and another one saying "error : lunasysmgr - no process killed"

Then my phone reboots and the ipk is still there.

Terminal shows it running at the stock speed so I know it isn't being used... just can't delete it!

I was trying to run the repair utility, but I am at work and for some reason I keep getting an 'error 5' and it also displays that repair utility can't determine my phones O.S. version... using the newest repair utility, current doctor file, and WOSQI is the newest.

I'm guessing I'll be taking a trip to the doctor tonight..
    For safety reasons, the Uber-Kernel will refuse to install if any of the files it is installing are not in a pristine factory condition.

If the uninstall procedure for a previous non-WebOS-Internals overclocking solution doesn't work for you, then you'll either need to seek assistance from the maintainers of those solutions, or unfortunately visit the webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    For safety reasons, the Uber-Kernel will refuse to install if any of the files it is installing are not in a pristine factory condition.
    Absolute right decision!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

If the uninstall procedure for a previous non-WebOS-Internals overclocking solution doesn't work for you, then you'll either need to seek assistance from the maintainers of those solutions, or unfortunately visit the webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    I haven't even begun to try to install your solution. I wanted to make sure my Pre was back to being where it needed to be.

I might end up backing up my db3 file, run the save/restore app (which BTW excellent work on that!!) and wipe my phone clean and start over. I'd feel safer having a 100% 'virgin' file system before moving to the 'next generation' of overclocking.
    Had some weird shutdown/reboot bug I couldn't figure out so I full erased and doctored my device lastnight. Decided to go ahead and give this kernal a shot today since my device is in pristine factory conditon, working great so far. I don't think the install could be any easier. Govnah app is pretty dang neat too. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    keep up the great work as always guys...

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Now this is interesting. I was having problems while I had smartreflex enabled on the uber kernel (lockups with the default userspace governor). And smartreflex is known not to work with the ondemand governor (device lockups). But now I have been running for about 40 minutes with conservative governor and smartreflex.
    Sorry to be a 'tard...long time listener, first time caller...
    I have the UberKernel running but phone seems to launch programs SLOWER...i installed Govnah and thought I would be able to scale the phone in that program. So...do I need to install a different scaler? (if so, which is best and where to get it...can't find one in Preware) or does it have to be done in code? Tks...
    any idea when this will be released into preware?
    @tomtorg: By default, the UberKernel will run identically to the Palm Kernel. As the Original Post said, if you need to ask how to overclock your phone here, then you really aren't prepared to be jumping on board the alpha alpha alpha test of the alpha boat--which is what this is. In the future, the Govnah App will allow you to overclock the kernel from it. Until then, it may be advisable to just wait.
    Thank you very much for the great work!

using the kernel for about 24h on my GSM Pre now and it works like a charm. Set scaling to 250/720, runs absolutely stable.

CPU temp is constantly at about 25 while surfing. Battery life seems better when not in use and slightly worse under heavy load.

If I can contribute more data for statistics I am happy to do so.

Cheers, seko
    I'm finding that the conservative governor is working much less sluggishly at 250-800MHz.

800000 47626
    720000 28554
    600000 49662
    550000 70243
    500000 103979
    250000 4358673
    125000 0

Don't have detailed battery stats or anything, but it's definitely giving me better battery than when I had it set to ondemand 500-800MHz with another kernel.

Of course, my battery drain is almost entirely from the wireless radios anyway, they're almost constantly firing off for some reason or another: AIM, YIM, Gtalk, 2 email accounts as it arrives, GPS/data for Weather Dashboard every 30 minutes, Twee, Facebook, Pack'n'Track, Youview, and so on and so forth.

In other words, I never expect too much from a CPU solution to saving battery.
    @cerealklr Thanks for the note...and I am certainly not a programmer but have been teaching myself and utilizing many of the other tools and apps in alpha and beta. If you think i can screw up my phone too easily I will wait. Any idea when Govnah will clock? And...should I delete the Uber and Govnah until then? There must be other advantages of the new Kernel...thanks again. Appreciate the info.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    You can use the cpuscaler from number1pete. Works great.. I do the same..
    I've noticed that this kernel flips back to default state every time there's a luna restart. Is that being done by LunaSysMgr? Apart from firing up cpuscaler or logging into the command line to reset, is there anyway to keep the kernel settings across a luna restart?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  20. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre