Page 38 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A full device restart is required.

What tool is telling you to do a java restart only?

-- Rod
    Probably just poor memory on my part.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Just installed UBERKERNEL and GOVNAH and am having multiple reboots.

What is interesting is that my LAUNCHER pages have been reconfigured. what is even more strange is I am missing many launch icons - and then have to do a device restart to get them back... then the device reboots - and I am missing them again... do a device restart to get them back...

I am going back to the default kernel - but would love to get uberkernel working...

Any thing I am doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Here is another update on issues I am having on my Pre since I tried uberkernel.

Here are the exact steps of what I have done:
    1) I installed PREBACKuP and backed up my Pre
    2) I installed uberkernel
    3) I installed govnah
    4) I reset my device
    5) I used Govnah to try out 800mhz
    6) Pre began multiple reboots..
    7) my launcher menu quickly became hosed (missing apps - then not missing - and moving between pages)
    7) I installed the restore kernel
    7.5) RESET DEVICE
    8) Reboots stopped
    9) ALL my Preware patches are now missing
    10) #*&%(#)@
    11) went to restore my applications (from my earlier backup)
    12) says not to - that they were backed up with an earlier version of WEBOS, restoring may render my PRE inoperable
    13) really???
    14) #&%#)&^%
    15) did NOT restore
    16) posting this update
    17) asking for help?
    18) note: current webos 1.4.1.1
    19) HELP
    this is only because i need one more post to see the links ughh so annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by luigidk View Post
    Here is another update on issues I am having on my Pre since I tried uberkernel.

Here are the exact steps of what I have done:
    1) I installed PREBACKuP and backed up my Pre
    2) I installed uberkernel
    3) I installed govnah
    4) I reset my device
    5) I used Govnah to try out 800mhz
    6) Pre began multiple reboots..
    7) my launcher menu quickly became hosed (missing apps - then not missing - and moving between pages)
    7) I installed the restore kernel
    7.5) RESET DEVICE
    8) Reboots stopped
    9) ALL my Preware patches are now missing
    10) #*&%(#)@
    11) went to restore my applications (from my earlier backup)
    12) says not to - that they were backed up with an earlier version of WEBOS, restoring may render my PRE inoperable
    13) really???
    14) #&%#)&^%
    15) did NOT restore
    16) posting this update
    17) asking for help?
    18) note: current webos 1.4.1.1
    19) HELP
    I would try doing a partial reset which is now Reset Apps & Data. That should bring everything back.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    How do I do a reset apps and data? Sorry - just have never seen this option.
    Quote Originally Posted by luigidk View Post
    How do I do a reset apps and data? Sorry - just have never seen this option.
    Go to Device Info > Scroll to bottom and tap Reset Options > Erase Apps & Data. You will have to login to your Palm profile afterwards, just so you know.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm

Looks like 1.4.2 source is out, any idea when Uber Kernel will be updated for AT&T users?
  9.    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by HWReaver View Post
    Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm

Looks like 1.4.2 source is out, any idea when Uber Kernel will be updated for AT&T users?
    We aim to have it out within 24 hours of the Palm source code release.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We aim to have it out within 24 hours of the Palm source code release.

-- Rod
    Sexy
  11.    #751  
    AT&T Palm Pre Plus overclocking (UberKernel & Govnah) is now available in Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm having a hard time nailing the cause of my issue down, but thought I would toss it out to this group to see if they have seen similar symptoms. I am running the uber-kernel, with screenstate 500 to 600, on the Sprint Pre (w/ latest webOS). Today, as I attempted to wake my phone, it wouldn't come alive. After several minutes of sliding the keyboard and pushing the button, I was only able to reset the Pre with a battery pull.

This isn't particularly ground-breaking...but what was strange to me was that when I booted back up , certain settings on the phone were missing: For example,
    1) When I opened Preware, my preferences had been lost, and it made me click the "OK, I have read this" button as though I had just upgraded.
    2) All of my Paratrooper progress was gone
    3) I had to click a login button to view my Contacts as though it was the first time ever accessing a new account.

Other than settings such as the examples above, nothing critical was missing. All my contacts, emails, launcher icons, etc. were fine. This has only happened two other times (over the last month.)

Anybody with understanding of how the settings in 1-3 are saved inside the phone have an idea of why a hard freeze and battery pull would cause me to lose these settings/game progress? EDIT: To clarify, Preware and Paratrooper were not running at the time of the crash.

Thanks,

Braden
    Last edited by Bradenspear; 05/21/2010 at 12:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradenspear View Post
    I'm having a hard time nailing the cause of my issue down, but thought I would toss it out to this group to see if they have seen similar symptoms. I am running the uber-kernel, with screenstate 500 to 600, on the Sprint Pre (w/ latest webOS). Today, as I attempted to wake my phone, it wouldn't come alive. After several minutes of sliding the keyboard and pushing the button, I was only able to reset the Pre with a battery pull.

This isn't particularly ground-breaking...but what was strange to me was that when I booted back up , certain settings on the phone were missing: For example,
    1) When I opened Preware, my preferences had been lost, and it made me click the "OK, I have read this" button as though I had just upgraded.
    2) All of my Paratrooper progress was gone
    3) I had to click a login button to view my Contacts as though it was the first time ever accessing a new account.

Other than settings such as the examples above, nothing critical was missing. All my contacts, emails, launcher icons, etc. were fine. This has only happened two other times (over the last month.)

Anybody with understanding of how the settings in 1-3 are saved inside the phone have an idea of why a hard freeze and battery pull would cause me to lose these settings/game progress? EDIT: To clarify, Preware and Paratrooper were not running at the time of the crash.

Thanks,

Braden
    Yes, I have also experienced this twice since installing UberKernel running 500-800 OnDemand (set to scaling with CPUScalerUltimate).

I have also been searching to a solution to this because it's kind of annoying to have to go through each app and press OK as if it's the first use. The other thing it does is delete all my launcher page names in the Named Launcher Pages patch and I have to go through and rename them all again.

I think the last time this occurred to me was the same circumstance.. Frozen Pre for a few minutes that would not respond when trying to wake and I finally had to do a battery pull. If someone figures this out, it'd be great!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I have also had my Pre freeze/not wake up a few times with the UberKernel, I had been attributing it to having been running at 125-250MHZ for the low end of scaling. One mourning the notification light was still blinking from a new SMS received a half hour before it locked up but it would not wake up and it had stopped checking in (custom cron script sending stats to my web server) for a few hours, which is how I could time the SMS and lockup event. Anyway, (knocks on wood) haven't noticed any loss of data/settings or launcher issues due to the lockup.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Yes, I have also experienced this twice since installing UberKernel running 500-800 OnDemand (set to scaling with CPUScalerUltimate).

I have also been searching to a solution to this because it's kind of annoying to have to go through each app and press OK as if it's the first use. The other thing it does is delete all my launcher page names in the Named Launcher Pages patch and I have to go through and rename them all again.

I think the last time this occurred to me was the same circumstance.. Frozen Pre for a few minutes that would not respond when trying to wake and I finally had to do a battery pull. If someone figures this out, it'd be great!
    I personally have never had any luck with scaling frequency of any sort, including screenstate. This varies from pre to pre though. Try out performance 800mHz mode and see what happens. No reboots or issues for me yet.
    hi im using uber- kernel with govnah in screenstate 500- 800 ill like to know what's the normal temperature?
    thanks!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    hi im using uber- kernel with govnah in screenstate 500- 800 ill like to know what's the normal temperature?
    thanks!
    My phone is usually between 30-40 degrees Celsius running that config.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlepore View Post
    I personally have never had any luck with scaling frequency of any sort, including screenstate. This varies from pre to pre though. Try out performance 800mHz mode and see what happens. No reboots or issues for me yet.
    Beyond preventing the lock-ups in the first place, I am interested in knowing what files are being eliminated (thus causing the loss of settings) when the device locks up?

I have noticed that this also removes my alarm clock settings, and my govnah profiles when I have this kind of a freeze that ultimately results in a battery pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    My phone is usually between 30-40 degrees Celsius running that config.
    thanks for the info Stubbs! And when is in the touchstone? Mine was like 45 to 48 sometimes go down!
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    How long does the install of Uberkernal take? Mine has been on the Downloading/Installing screen for about 5 minutes or so. Is this normal?

I didnt have any overclocking solution on my device previously.