Page 21 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    i understand what the screenstate governor does, but what about the other 6? can someone explain to me how those ones scale?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    i understand what the screenstate governor does, but what about the other 6? can someone explain to me how those ones scale?
    I summarized the differences here (back a couple pages in this thread).
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I summarized the differences here (back a couple pages in this thread).
    thank you very much!
    one more question. when im on "ondemand" with the minimum set at 500 mhz, why does it keep jumping down to 125?
    Hey, is anyone else having the problem where govnah causes the icons for the apps in the app catalog to flash? The icons appear and disappear while gov is running, but as soon as I close gov, the icons no longer flash.

Also, do I have to keep govnah open to keep screenstate running?
  6.    #406  
    one more question. when im on "ondemand" with the minimum set at 500 mhz, why does it keep jumping down to 125?
    We believe it's a bug in the Linux kernel itself. Casey@l337tech has posted elsewhere about a work-around.

Personally, I just use the screenstate govnernor

Quote Originally Posted by krope32 View Post
    Hey, is anyone else having the problem where govnah causes the icons for the apps in the app catalog to flash? The icons appear and disappear while gov is running, but as soon as I close gov, the icons no longer flash.
    Yes, it's a known issue with the API that palm provides to update icons.

No. And it is recommended that you do not do so, cause you will run out of memory as it stores all the graph data points at the moment.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    OK,newbie time. Sorry to ask this, but this is my first effort at overclocking. Installed Uber and Govnah, seem to be working fine. Can you tell me what temp range I should be looking for? What temp would be considered as too high, or dangerous?
  8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    OK,newbie time. Sorry to ask this, but this is my first effort at overclocking. Installed Uber and Govnah, seem to be working fine. Can you tell me what temp range I should be looking for? What temp would be considered as too high, or dangerous?
    The Govnah icon changes colour from green to yellow to red to red with flames. That should be a reasonable guidance We're open to input from anyone who has better data on where the thresholds should be for the internal CPU temperature sensor.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/02/2010 at 05:25 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    This came up not to long ago in the thread, basically if I recall correctly it is a bug when powersave bias is set to zero and exists in the kernel uber kernel is based on. I think it was mentioned to have been around for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by krope32 View Post

The icon thing is a know issue and if I recall correctly it is unknown as to why it happens. Unfortunately I don't know anything yet about the screenstate part at this time so I'll have to leave that question for someone else to answer.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Nevermind
    Last edited by bodyshop; 05/02/2010 at 05:27 PM.
    hi, ive been using screen state for a day now and i have the minimum set to 250 and maximum set to 800 then i save and exit..... lets say 10 minutes later i open govnah it shows that the frequency is at 500, how come if i have it 1st set to 800?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i had uberkernel and govnah installed and running fine. i opened preware and i had 2 updates; 1 for gov and 1 for uber. i got an error for the uberkernel saying that i need to refresh ipkg? now the icon for the uberkernel is gone but the govnah is still running. any suggestions?
    holy #@$* can it actually get that hot?
  14.    #414  
    holy #@$* can it actually get that hot?
    The instantaneous junction temperature measured on the silicon die inside the SoC package gets much hotter than the surface of the SoC package or the outside temperature of the phone.

Now, what temperatures will or will not affect the lifetime of your device is another question.

-- Rod
  15.    #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by imcrash04 View Post
    i had uberkernel and govnah installed and running fine. i opened preware and i had 2 updates; 1 for gov and 1 for uber. i got an error for the uberkernel saying that i need to refresh ipkg? now the icon for the uberkernel is gone but the govnah is still running. any suggestions?
    Update Feeds, and reinstall UberKernel.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I tried to use screenstate governor. Seems to drain my battery twice as fast as using userspace with fixed setting to 720.
    It also seems to me thate every stepping option I choose it drains my battery faster than fixed to 720.

Anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?
  17.    #418  
    Govnah 0.2.5 has just been released, and it now stores the last 300 samples (5 minutes if you're sampling every second) in memory and discards the rest. So you now should be able to leave Govnah open for as long as you like.

To update Govnah, simply open Preware and Update Feeds and you should see Govnah appear in the Package Updates list. Simply hit Update to get the new version. You do not need to uninstall anything.

See http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...01-govnah.html for more details (Govnah now has it's own official thread).

Note that we also announce Govnah releases on the @webosinternals twitter account (which you can follow as an RSS feed at http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/64349812.rss if you don't use Twitter).

-- Rod
    rwhitby would it even theoretically be possible to replace the launcher-icon in the quickbar with the status-icons of Govnah?
  19.    #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    rwhitby would it even theoretically be possible to replace the launcher-icon in the quickbar with the status-icons of Govnah?
    I've got to assume it's theoretically possible, as it's just an image file somewhere on the filesystem. But we might have to go to extreme length in the C service underneath the Govnah application to dynamically overwrite some image file if there is no Mojo service to do it. And such a thing would not be fail-safe (if the Govnah service stopped operating, it would be left with the last image overwritten, even after a reboot).

(Please add this question and answer to the FAQ section of the wiki page)

-- Rod