Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4494134139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #2861  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The kernels have reached the peak of the hardware frequency capabilities of the devices. They all have the ability to change voltages per frequency for power saving.

    What additional development were you expecting to happen?

    -- Rod
    For me, I am not looking for much overclocking stuff.
    I personal am more interested in power savings.
    In order to increase battery life.

    But if those chips are tuned to the max also in this regards, then it is OK to leave them as is.
  2.    #2862  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    For me, I am not looking for much overclocking stuff.
    I personal am more interested in power savings.
    In order to increase battery life.

    But if those chips are tuned to the max also in this regards, then it is OK to leave them as is.
    You need to find the voltages which work for your specific device.

    -- Rod
  3. mejifair's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #2863  
    Hi all,

    Hoping one here can help me with a problem I am having (Pre related...haha)

    I have a first generation Sprint Palm Pre that I resurrected for my wife to use. I have not used it for about a year since I moved to WP7, but was excited to power it back up and get it activated.

    Well - I was not sure how I left the phone, but after reactivating it I saw that I had a bunch of patches (including UberKernel) installed. Since the phone was reset, the setting for all of these were lost.

    I installed Govnah and saw that my processor was running at 500MHZ, but I could not change it. I though, what the heck, let's see if I can install the default kernel, and reinstall the UberKernel to get back 1GHZ.

    The Pre default kernel install went fine, but when I try to install the UberKernel I get a bunch of errors relating to not being able to validate any files.

    Any ideas? Now the phone is very sluggish, and the wi fi no longer works.
  4. #2864  
    Quote Originally Posted by mejifair View Post
    Hi all,

    Hoping one here can help me with a problem I am having (Pre related...haha)

    I have a first generation Sprint Palm Pre that I resurrected for my wife to use. I have not used it for about a year since I moved to WP7, but was excited to power it back up and get it activated.

    Well - I was not sure how I left the phone, but after reactivating it I saw that I had a bunch of patches (including UberKernel) installed. Since the phone was reset, the setting for all of these were lost.

    I installed Govnah and saw that my processor was running at 500MHZ, but I could not change it. I though, what the heck, let's see if I can install the default kernel, and reinstall the UberKernel to get back 1GHZ.

    The Pre default kernel install went fine, but when I try to install the UberKernel I get a bunch of errors relating to not being able to validate any files.

    Any ideas? Now the phone is very sluggish, and the wi fi no longer works.
    If you're starting fresh for your wife anyway, use the webOS Doctor to take it back to the base state. You can tweak it after that if you want, but you should really start from scratch if you don't remember where you left it.
  5. #2865  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    If you're starting fresh for your wife anyway, use the webOS Doctor to take it back to the base state. You can tweak it after that if you want, but you should really start from scratch if you don't remember where you left it.
    I second that.
  6. mejifair's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #2866  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    If you're starting fresh for your wife anyway, use the webOS Doctor to take it back to the base state. You can tweak it after that if you want, but you should really start from scratch if you don't remember where you left it.
    Then WebOS doctor it is! I thought that doctoring it left some of the changed files in an unusable state, so I did not want to go that route.

    But I will do that this afternoon.

    Thanks!
  7. #2867  
    This may be answered somewhere in this thread, but it's a long thread, and I can't find it.
    Does UberKernel2.2.4 for Pre2 include cifs support?
    I was working on the assumption that it did, but I still can't mount smb shares from fstab, only with mount.cifs.
  8. vvette's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #2868  
    Can someone please give me a download link for the Uber-Kernel or FC Eagle kernel?? I cannot find it. I loaded preware 4.4.0 but when I go to over clock no kernel is found. I am running 3.04... Am I missing something as I want to over clock to 1.7 or 1.9..Thanks
  9. #2869  
    Did you add the alpha and beta feeds before installing Preware? You need to add these before installing Preware otherwise these feeds won't work!

    Do a quick search on Google for Testing Feeds webOS and the first link will give you all instructions

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  10. d0u8l3m's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #2870  
    Just an update on my touchpad. I cant run the 1.8ghz speed i tried increasing the voltage a few times but i really dont want to bring it that high because i dont want to burn the chip out. so ive been rocking 1.7 with no stability issues. Thanks guys
  11. #2871  
    i am having a new problem with severe overheating and think it may be due to UK.
    i have an att pre 3, for nearly a year. no new apps or patches added, charge same way every day- i.e. no new activity to cause this. had UK set to standart 1805 OD.

    1 wk ago i noticed it was not charging fully on the touchstone. would be only 70% charged after many hours. then noted was very hot. turned on govnah and have found that the cpu only rarely drops below 1805. even when temp is 58c, when on TS and also when set to 'screen off limit cpu', the freq only rarely drops below 1805.when watching the graph on govnah, the cpu only drops to the low limit (122) briefly and intermittently.
    this behavior is pretty much the same both when on and off the TS.

    early on i did a doctor and reset everything, which did not change this behavior.yesterday i also uninstalled-rebooted-reinstalled-rebooted UK.
    i thought there was
    1) a temp limited freq when >55?
    2) a way to change that temp limit (i cannot find a way to set it)
    3) a limit to 500mhz when on TS?

    what logs can i send to see what may be wrong? i have lumberjack, etc installed.
    i have no problem doctoring again, but since i did once and it did not seem to help, would like some opinions on if anything else is wrong.
    thanks
    Last edited by everette13; 07/17/2012 at 10:31 PM.
  12. MiDoJo's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #2872  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    i am having a new problem with severe overheating and think it may be due to UK.
    i have an att pre 3, for nearly a year. no new apps or patches added, charge same way every day- i.e. no new activity to cause this. had UK set to standart 1805 OD.

    1 wk ago i noticed it was not charging fully on the touchstone. would be only 70% charged after many hours. then noted was very hot. turned on govnah and have found that the cpu only rarely drops below 1805. even when temp is 58c, when on TS and also when set to 'screen off limit cpu', the freq only rarely drops below 1805.when watching the graph on govnah, the cpu only drops to the low limit (122) briefly and intermittently.
    this behavior is pretty much the same both when on and off the TS.

    early on i did a doctor and reset everything, which did not change this behavior.yesterday i also uninstalled-rebooted-reinstalled-rebooted UK.
    i thought there was
    1) a temp limited freq when >55?
    2) a way to change that temp limit (i cannot find a way to set it)
    3) a limit to 500mhz when on TS?

    what logs can i send to see what may be wrong? i have lumberjack, etc installed.
    i have no problem doctoring again, but since i did once and it did not seem to help, would like some opinions on if anything else is wrong.
    thanks
    the exact same has been happening to me starting last week, to mitigate I've done the following
    switched from ondemandtcl to on-demand
    and made a on charger mode in mode switcher to switch me to a 384-800 low CPU modifier
  13. #2873  
    I've done the mode switcher thing as well, though it doesn't always work- somehow it changes out of the mode, and once hot things go downhill. I will try the new gov type.
    Just noted something. Today all was great on 1690 ondemandtcl- all day using 2-3%/hour with texting, phone calls and a browser in use. Things changed to low mhz as should. Just now, logged onto a website, and went to app store and suddenly freq pegged to top and did not change. Switched to all other similar govenors, and ALL pegged to whatever max freq were set for.
    Just went and changed gov to each choice available, and freq always stays pegged at whatever max set for.
    So, for some reason the freq is never decreasing- does not even drop when have screen-off set to true.
    Can someone please tell me what may be going on, what logs you need and how midojo (thanks for the response) and I can fix this?
  14. #2874  
    I'm not sure if I already mentioned this, but 2.2.4 Uberkernel on my US Unlocked Pre 2 won't scale back. It will scale in normal situations like idling, but it otherwise ignores the temp limit. (not sure about the low battery speed though)
    At one point, my device was stuck at max speed (load average was around 4 3 4 IIRC. I was web browsing also, although the device became near unresponsive. The UI responded, but not much else). A reboot fixed it, but the scary thing was that it was screaming at the 1.2 GHz maximum with a temperature of 52 degrees. I'm set to scale back to 300 MHz at 46 degrees and reset at 40.

    I don't think it slows down when charging either.
  15. MiDoJo's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #2875  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    I've done the mode switcher thing as well, though it doesn't always work
    To counter this I've Added to My Default Mode and any Normal modes that maybe using the Modifier (In my case Work and Home, But not car as it has it's own cpu lowering modifier)
    Code:
    After Mode Switch>Trigger Mode>Charge-Low-CPU
    as far as logs, I can't help you there, I've only had to do this for my self, and it is a workaround/hack to get around the issue, it doesn't explain why after a number of months running fine, the CPU started to do this Peg-and-Burn.

    I've also turned my main gov down to 1690. I've not yet gone back to TCL though.

    The Low CPU has also allowed me to,while driving, not be forced to bombard my phone with air-conditioning (at the expense of losing one-two vents for its cooling-needs that I could be using for myself in this danged heat)
    My Phone itself is happily running at 36-42 C, as opposed to 49-55 C, while on the charger..
  16. #2876  
    could someone with knowledge of the workings of UK please respond.
    when the cpu continued to peg at 1805 (ondemandtcl) regardless of situation, i went ahead and doctored. i have installed only 2/3 of what i had previously and no apps that even seem like they would use cpu in background. after every few patches/apps, i stopped and watched the cpu speed. when i finished, the cpu behaved as it was supposed to; after a few seconds of no use, the cpu dropped to 122 and stayed there the majority of time.
    so far so good.
    at work, charged with usb and all was fine.
    put on the touchstone, and when i returned, the temp was 59c and the cpu was pegged at 1805, and by the graph it had been there for an hour.

    how is that possible? isn't there a limit that is supposed to kick in BOTH when on the TS and when the temp is high? why is it not working? why would the cpu peg at max when on the TS and not doing anything?
    i did have some success using a screen lock trigger to lower cpu and control the temp on the TS before the doctoring, but that makes the phone sluggish a little when it wakes up. and it really shouldn't be necessary, it seems.
    thanks
  17. #2877  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    could someone with knowledge of the workings of UK please respond.
    when the cpu continued to peg at 1805 (ondemandtcl) regardless of situation, i went ahead and doctored. i have installed only 2/3 of what i had previously and no apps that even seem like they would use cpu in background. after every few patches/apps, i stopped and watched the cpu speed. when i finished, the cpu behaved as it was supposed to; after a few seconds of no use, the cpu dropped to 122 and stayed there the majority of time.
    so far so good.
    at work, charged with usb and all was fine.
    put on the touchstone, and when i returned, the temp was 59c and the cpu was pegged at 1805, and by the graph it had been there for an hour.

    how is that possible? isn't there a limit that is supposed to kick in BOTH when on the TS and when the temp is high? why is it not working? why would the cpu peg at max when on the TS and not doing anything?
    i did have some success using a screen lock trigger to lower cpu and control the temp on the TS before the doctoring, but that makes the phone sluggish a little when it wakes up. and it really shouldn't be necessary, it seems.
    thanks
    I discovered taking the default screenstate1200 profile, (i have a pre 2 and i also modified it to my liking), it slowed down as normal when charging and seemed to have the overheat protection active/intact whereas it seemed both were not functional before. (something happened in the 2.2.4 uberkernel)
  18. #2878  
    Rod, I have a Sprint Pre that isn't activated and never will be activated again. So what happened was I uninstalled uberkernel so I could try a new beta kernel. So I reinstalled the palm kernel via WiFi, then it rebooted and once it did, the WiFi hasn't worked. I tried pulling out the battery, and still nothing. When I try to turn on WiFi, all I get is the spinning "loading" circle and nothing else. I REALLY don't want to webOS doctor because like I said, its my old Sprint Pre and my parents wouldn't activate it. But if I doctor it, it will want me to activate it, and I can't. And the bypassing activation seems like a very complicated process. Is there anything I can do?
    Thanks in advance (:
  19. #2879  
    I'm wondering if it's possible to clock the Pre 2 at 800 MHz, since I personally feel a speed between 600 MHz and 1 GHz would be nice option to have.

    Also, why is there a 150 MHz option available? I don't think my Pre has ever clocked that low.
  20. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #2880  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I'm wondering if it's possible to clock the Pre 2 at 800 MHz, since I personally feel a speed between 600 MHz and 1 GHz would be nice option to have.
    Should actually be possible. What Kernel do you use? (I have the "F105 Thunderchief v2.1.0-88" on my Pre+)
    Have you installed the "Govnah" Settings are done through "Govnah".

    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Also, why is there a 150 MHz option available?
    To save battery power. Depending on the settings (in Govnah), in low demand times, the CPU frequency could be dropped substantially. (My Pre3 often drops from 1.4GHz to 122MHz !)

    On the Pre+ I have selected the screenstat-v3 power saving mode. If I remember correctly, it is a combination of dynamic adjustments of CPU frequency as well as CPU voltage.
    Resulting in a much, much improved battery usage!
    ...and great power and responsiveness.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions