Page 143 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I don't know how to translate that into a change in UberKernel. Does anyone else know?

-- Rod
    OK, so how is "implement samba V3.5 as a minimum"
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
  2.    #2842  
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    OK, so how is "implement samba V3.5 as a minimum"
    The gap between these high-level requirements requests, and actual actionable changes to the source code which comprises the UberKernel is too wide. We need to find someone who can bridge that gap. Just restating things at the high-level will not achieve forward progress.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The gap between these high-level requirements requests, and actual actionable changes to the source code which comprises the UberKernel is too wide. We need to find someone who can bridge that gap. Just restating things at the high-level will not achieve forward progress.

-- Rod
    Rod, that's the best I can get to. I'm no developer. :-(
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Just installed the latest UK 3.0.5 - 93, running @ 1.8. I haven't had much luck at that speed - 1.7 has been fine, though. So I'll report any issues . . . Or no issues . . .

Been running Warthog @ 1.7 since the update w/o issue.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hey Rod, looked into it and to get sec=ntlmssp working, in 2.6.35 at least, would require setting CONFIG_CIFS_EXPERIMENTAL=y and then passing "echo 2 > /proc/fs/cifs/cifsFYI"
    Rod,

Bodhi dev Jeff Hoogland has got an alpha install of Bodhi working on the TouchPad but says he needs drivers for multi-touch (audio and 3D also). Is this something that webos internals can help with or does this have to wait until HP releases certain driver code?
    If the latter, is there an estimated time range (1 month, 3 months etc) for the release of this information?

Here's Jeff's thread below. I'm hoping to clear this up and if you can help, to get you two talking directly and get myself out of the middle of this conversation as I don't have the knowledge to help Jeff:

Bodhi HP Touchpad Alpha Image - Bodhi Linux Forums

Thanks!

edit: my specific interest is I have a friend trying to use TouchPads for her business and she needs pinch and zoom (the website links do not work with webOS browser).
  7.    #2847  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Rod,

Bodhi dev Jeff Hoogland has got an alpha install of Bodhi working on the TouchPad but says he needs drivers for multi-touch (audio and 3D also). Is this something that webos internals can help with or does this have to wait until HP releases certain driver code?
    If the latter, is there an estimated time range (1 month, 3 months etc) for the release of this information?

Here's Jeff's thread below. I'm hoping to clear this up and if you can help, to get you two talking directly and get myself out of the middle of this conversation as I don't have the knowledge to help Jeff:

Bodhi HP Touchpad Alpha Image - Bodhi Linux Forums

Thanks!
    There's an IRC channel on freenode called ##touchpad-dev in which there are folks doing a number of different native OS ports (i.e. not Android). Best thing would be to jump in there and talk to those folks.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Hello all,

Is there a post or document that describes the override parameters listed in Govnah? Specifically the POWER SAVER, TURBO MODE, and OVERRIDE CHARGER settings?
  9.    #2849  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstallworth View Post
    Hello all,

Is there a post or document that describes the override parameters listed in Govnah? Specifically the POWER SAVER, TURBO MODE, and OVERRIDE CHARGER settings?
    Hit the blue question mark.

-- Rod
    If you tap the blue ? In the top right corner of the scene and then tap one of those settings, it'll tell you what it does.
    Hit the blue question mark.

-- Rod
    Thanks all.

This simply got pushed off the top of my brain by something else.

Jim
    There's an IRC channel on freenode called ##touchpad-dev in which there are folks doing a number of different native OS ports (i.e. not Android). Best thing would be to jump in there and talk to those folks.

-- Rod
    CM9 team has published their kernel code tonight. Useful for a native OS port such as Bodhi? Not useful?
    Any insight appreciated for my friend's browser issues that need to be resolved.
    Just a couple of quick reports on using UK on the Pre2 (2.2.4) and the TP (3.0.5)

Pre2: I didn't have any stability issues but also couldn't really find any way to get much of a performance boost - in fact, the palm kernel seems (subjectively at least) perhaps a bit snappier. Similar to the f104 kernel for the Pre 2, UK @ 1.2 was much slower than 1.0ghz settings. I tried using lagfree, Screenstate v3 and OnDemandTCL w/o any significant change that I could discern.

TP: Much different story with the UK 3.0.5.93 on the TP. I've been running @ 1.8ghz w/Turbo Mode enabled without any noticeable issues for several days. This is the first time I've had success @ 1.8! This seems very stable to me.
    Hi guys, I'm thinking about OC my 3.0.5 TP: is it worth it? Which kernel is the best? Is it relatively safe? I did overclock my Pre minus and my Pixi, so, I know what we are talking about. I just can't stand that some apps on the TP are iPad smooth (zite for example) and some really really choppy....thanks for any help you can give me!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Already done, and yes, I answer myself, it is worth it. 1.5 turbo mode, very good. And 1.7 is really great!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Installed Uberkernal and Govnah after reading the excellent Touchpad guide to new users.

Im just curious if the profiles in Govnah are similar to the standard profile other than the higher frequency because ive been noticing hicups/lags every other second when streaming video from web-tv and youtube.

I reverted back to standard and it runs smooth playing the same content that stuttered with the overclocked kernel. What could be causing this?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Installed Uberkernal and Govnah after reading the excellent Touchpad guide to new users.

Im just curious if the profiles in Govnah are similar to the standard profile other than the higher frequency because ive been noticing hicups/lags every other second when streaming video from web-tv and youtube.

I reverted back to standard and it runs smooth playing the same content that stuttered with the overclocked kernel. What could be causing this?
    If you tap Advanced Settings in the Profile menu you can see what settings make up the current profile. I'd compare them with standard and see what's different, it'll probably be your CPU Governor (In the CPU Frequency menu), I/O Scheduler or TCP Congestion.
    Running mine at 1.8 ghz with Uberkernel as can change preferences in Govnah. No problems and very fast. Went into John Lewis (UK) and tried an iPad 2 and Samsung Galaxy tablet. Not impressed as my overclocked Touchpad was certainly faster and more responsive.
    It seems as if it has been quite awhile since any updates were made to any of the Touchpad and Pre3 kernels in Preware (beta feeds included). Has development been stopped on kernel updates? If so, are efforts instead being directed toward Open webOS?

Thanks!
  20.    #2860  
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguychicago View Post
    It seems as if it has been quite awhile since any updates were made to any of the Touchpad and Pre3 kernels in Preware (beta feeds included). Has development been stopped on kernel updates? If so, are efforts instead being directed toward Open webOS?

Thanks!
    The kernels have reached the peak of the hardware frequency capabilities of the devices. They all have the ability to change voltages per frequency for power saving.

What additional development were you expecting to happen?

-- Rod