Page 142 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    This is amusing...

Everyone asks for the next "stable" Uber Kernel and refuse to install beta kernels. But the features that these people want is the *most* unstable feature.
    I am willing to install beta kernels,and I am willing to take the risks, I had f4 phantom installed for a while, and I am prepared to obey the rules, I also know that my TP can handle 1.8 GHz. The reason I was asking is that if their is a build that is close to being stable (which is unlikely, considering some peoples reports), then there would be no need for me to install the beta feeds again, and no need for me to check this thread regularly to see if any instructions/warnings had been posted.
    Touchpad 16GB 3.0.5
    Pre 2 2.2.4
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2011 View Post
    I am willing to install beta kernels,and I am willing to take the risks, I had f4 phantom installed for a while, and I am prepared to obey the rules, I also know that my TP can handle 1.8 GHz. The reason I was asking is that if their is a build that is close to being stable (which is unlikely, considering some peoples reports), then there would be no need for me to install the beta feeds again, and no need for me to check this thread regularly to see if any instructions/warnings had been posted.
    The problem is just having 1.8+GHz visible in the stable kernel will tempt new users to select it, then 90% chance of filesystem corruption and visit to Doctor... which in turn they will call the kernel unstable and complain.
    Live free or DIE!
    I run UberKernel but still at 1.5 even though it now supports higher as I value battery life as well
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I run UberKernel but still at 1.5 even though it now supports higher as I value battery life as well
    Just to hear your experience: how much worse did you find the battery life at 1.7 GHz as opposed to 1.5?
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, installing Ubuntu without mounting /media/ext3fs will fill your root partition and cause all sorts of problems.

You are lucky that UberKernel has such good error checking in the install script - you should have expected a reboot loop if it did not.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

I can't install Uberkernel on my Touchpad either. It looks like /boot is full. I have CM7 installed. What can I do about that? Is there a way to get rid of CM7?

Thanks Marcel
    I'm still on 3.0.2. Can't see much difference in batterry life at 1.7 instead of 1.5. But it's noticeably faster.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    for CIFS, does this support the options:

nounix
    sec=ntlmssp?

This seems to be necessary for using smbx shares on OSX Lion.
    any thoughts/comments ?
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    any updates on the progress of the 2.2.4 kernel for the pre 2 , i wouldnt mind helping test it
    Last edited by NpManny; 01/12/2012 at 08:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I. Don't. Know what is napping BUT I. Can get Uberkernel from preware

and I am running at 1.7.GHZ no problem also I have downloaded. 3.0.5!

What I did is to erase all App's and did a reset and everything fell in place.

load update. First.
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    any updates on the progress of the 2.2.4 kernel for the pre 2 , i wouldnt mind helping test it
    The UK kernel for 2.2.4 is in the beta feeds.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Just installed Uber beta for TouchPad 3.05
    I have it ondemandtcl 1.728.

Will go to starbucks now and stream some video and report any issues.

edit:uber has done fine, can't say the same for Starbucks wifi
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/14/2012 at 06:14 PM.
  12.    #2832  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    It's in the beta feeds, and I have seen no reports of success with it here, so it cannot enter stable.

It seems the beta testers are not taking their obligations of reporting success or failure seriously ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ok. Where is the official place to ask for features for uberkernel?

Thanks
    Siobhán

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
  14.    #2834  
    ok. Where is the official place to ask for features for uberkernel?
    Here. Describe the feature, what benefit it gives users, and how to enable it.

For developers, the best way is a github pull request.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Hi Rod,

I can't install Uberkernel on my Touchpad either. It looks like /boot is full. I have CM7 installed. What can I do about that? Is there a way to get rid of CM7?

Thanks Marcel
    Being that this thread is about Uberkernel, and not about removing CM7, you probably won't get much of a response. Try this thread out and see if it helps you.

Help Remove all traces of android
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Running uberkernel at 1.8 GHz, vr scheduler, and turbo mode. Everything is snappy and stable on the TP with 3.0.5
    Here. Describe the feature, what benefit it gives users, and how to enable it.

For developers, the best way is a github pull request.

-- Rod
    Rod,

Thanks for the e-mail. I've tried, but by asking a question. So, will try again. Having said that, you may know what a 'github pull request' is, I don't I'm afraid.

Feature required:
    Ability to use Shares on OSX Lion. via CIFS.

Detail:
    OSX Lion has replaced samba with it's own implementation. This seems to require more rigorous security measures than standard SAMBA and so the CIFS implementation in uberkernel doe snot work with Lion (OSX 10.7.x). This has been a common theme, even with variants of Linux.

Solution:
    There is a good write up here: sharing - How to mount Mac OSX LION File Share? - Ask Ubuntu - Stack Exchange. It seems that new features are required in the samba client to make it work with OSX Lion.

Essentialy, the following two options need to be added to mount.cifs:

nounix,sec=ntlmssp
    Last edited by siobhanellis; 01/14/2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Added options to mount.cifs
    Siobhán

18.    #2838  
    Rod,

Thanks for the e-mail. I've tried, but by asking a question. So, will try again. Having said that, you may know what a 'github pull request' is, I don't I'm afraid.

Feature required:
    Ability to use Shares on OSX Lion. via CIFS.

Detail:
    OSX Lion has replaced samba with it's own implementation. This seems to require more rigorous security measures than standard SAMBA and so the CIFS implementation in uberkernel doe snot work with Lion (OSX 10.7.x). This has been a common theme, even with variants of Linux.

Solution:
    There is a good write up here: sharing - How to mount Mac OSX LION File Share? - Ask Ubuntu - Stack Exchange. It seems that new features are required in the samba client to make it work with OSX Lion.
    The missing piece of information is exactly what change to the kernel is required to enable the feature you are requesting. I don't have that piece of information.

If a developer has the exact change that is required, they can use github to send a pull request which I can then automatically merge.

-- Rod
    Twizt3d likes this.
    The missing piece of information is exactly what change to the kernel is required to enable the feature you are requesting. I don't have that piece of information.

If a developer has the exact change that is required, they can use github to send a pull request which I can then automatically merge.

-- Rod
    Rod, I modified the original post. Added it in bold. Is this what you are looking for?

I actually come from a Product Management background. Engineers used to get annoyed when I told them what they needed to do. I have to described the problem, and what I wanted to see. They had to then decide how to do it.
    Siobhán

20.    #2840  
    Essentialy, the following two options need to be added to mount.cifs:

nounix,sec=ntlmssp
    I don't know how to translate that into a change in UberKernel. Does anyone else know?

-- Rod